It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Can Proudly Say I Havn't Watched Television In 5 Years!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Free4Ever2
As the title says i havnt watched television for just over five years now and i feel fantastic about it, has anyone else here switched off that hypnotizing box for a long period of time and have you also felt the benefits??

Now if say im sitting chatting with my parents and they are watching tv it makes me sick to see the blank expressions on there faces. Since switching it off for myself i have noticed i am more sociable, more literate, more able to connect with other human beings alot easier.

I was always an outgoing kid but now at 21 i am not in the slightest bit shy about striking up a conversation with the most random people i meet.

Ive tried to tell my friends and family that televeision isnt anything more than a brainwashing machine with the cogs working even after they stop watching for a day!

Ive seen alot of talk about ATS experiments here recently and i propose we try one along the lines of getting everyone you know to switch there televeision off for one whole week and also yourself if your a watcher off that horrible thing!

What do you guys think? Good idea?

It may elevate the collective conciousness of the human race, it may not, it may allow alot of people to feel that connection with nature again, it may not, it may just allow a few to open there eyes to whats going on in our world, it may not, but isnt it worth a try. Peace And Love To ALL xx

---------------------
More power to ya pal, hope your still clean lol

Peace pal.
Kirky

[edit on 26-8-2009 by kirky]

<< 2  3  4   >>

join