It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea: No longer bound by 1953 truce

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by constantwonder

what part of that rant has anything to do with the issue in N. Korea. . . . my point is that if this isnt handled in a very delicate manner we, us, America will most likely be drawn into another conflict that i dont think anyone is really ready to fight right now

Actually it is very relevant, how can you accurately perceive the sittuation there and assess it, when the true situation we are in here is just as pertinent and relevant to be able to best do that.

I like looking at it all without any Kool-aide friend.

Just give it to me straight, I can take it.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
wow

his people are starving and he's posturing about wanting to obliterate everything. guy is attention whore.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by MacDonagh
wow

his people are starving and he's posturing about wanting to obliterate everything. guy is attention whore.

Some people sure do have a lot more nerve than others don't they my friend?

It sounds like we aren't too keen to try to up him on the rehtoric game. It will be interesting to see just what transpires in the next few days.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I received an e-mail from Military.Com this morning and the lead stroy in the e-mail newsletter is how both South Korean and U.S. Forces in and near South Korea are on "high alert." This is a good thing to do with the threats that North Korea has been making over the last couple of days or so. And I imagine that the Japanese Government has put it's military on a higher state of readiness and alert as well, because of the threats and also the missile and nuclear tests that the North Koreans have done over the last several days as well. Although the North Koreans have backed away from the line before, there is no garauntee that they will do so in this case now. Diplomatically, the Chines Government and, possibly Russia, will have to be brought into the picture to help with what is going on at the moment. China would, in my opinion, be the bigger help because she is the closest ally that North Korea has. So China, for that reason alone, should be brought into the equation by the U.S. to help out.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wally Conley
I received an e-mail from Military.Com this morning and the lead stroy in the e-mail newsletter is how both South Korean and U.S. Forces in and near South Korea are on "high alert." This is a good thing to do with the threats that North Korea has been making over the last couple of days or so. And I imagine that the Japanese Government has put it's military on a higher state of readiness and alert as well, because of the threats and also the missile and nuclear tests that the North Koreans have done over the last several days as well. Although the North Koreans have backed away from the line before, there is no garauntee that they will do so in this case now. Diplomatically, the Chines Government and, possibly Russia, will have to be brought into the picture to help with what is going on at the moment. China would, in my opinion, be the bigger help because she is the closest ally that North Korea has. So China, for that reason alone, should be brought into the equation by the U.S. to help out.

Thanks for sharing that information. I am hopeful that a full diplomatic press will ease the tensions here and the ones that have been mounting with Iran too.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wally Conley
I received an e-mail from Military.Com this morning and the lead stroy in the e-mail newsletter is how both South Korean and U.S. Forces in and near South Korea are on "high alert."

To put this in terms that those of us from the "War Games" generation can relate to, we are at DEFCON 2. This is the first time since the cuban missle crisis that any part of the military has been *PUBLICLY* at DEFCON 2. Interesting turn of events.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Some people sure do have a lot more nerve than others don't they my friend?

Indeed, but did you see how much starch is in their uniforms?!

Brings a tear to the eye.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Did any of you guys knew that 4 days after the April launch of the Long range NK missile South Korea launched their own version? Anybody heard this on the media? nope..just heard this on business news radio, this guy went to NK and the thing that drives NK to these things is mostly out of jealousy. They're jealous since the truce of 1953 seeing South Korea developing as a true Asian tiger.For NK being an international parasite time and time again after their missile tests without the South being condemned for their tests..
Now the fact that their better functioning brother joins the PSI is just too much. It is an inferiority complex, the big quesion remains, does Kim wants do to go as the Korean martyr who stood up against the west or does he goes down as a nobody, another statesleader of the Korean bloodline..
I am afraid the least bad decision would be to nuke NK at certain strategic locations, an all out conventional war would be too costly

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Foppezao
Did any of you guys knew that 4 days after the April launch of the Long range NK missile South Korea launched their own version? Anybody heard this on the media? nope..just heard this on business news radio, this guy went to NK and the thing that drives NK to these things is mostly out of jealousy. They're jealous since the truce of 1953 seeing South Korea developing as a true Asian tiger.For NK being an international parasite time and time again after their missile tests without the South being condemned for their tests..
Now the fact that their better functioning brother joins the PSI is just too much. It is an inferiority complex, the big quesion remains, does Kim wants do to go as the Korean martyr who stood up against the west or does he goes down as a nobody, another statesleader of the Korean bloodline..
I am afraid the least bad decision would be to nuke NK at certain strategic locations, an all out conventional war would be too costly

That's a good question but a fairly dicey one. How are his people going to remember him? Does he end up a hero in North Korea if millions of people die in a nuclear war?

Or does he just live on in the minds of militant rebels fighting various causes against the West who weren't directly affected by a nuclear holocust or winter?

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

South Korea nor the US is on Defcon 2, they're still at Defcon 4. They only stepped up Watchcon from 3 to 2.

Source: Troops on high alert after N.K. threat

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by -Rugged Shark-

I stand corrected. After much effort to try to verify what I heard on NPR this morning, I have come to the conclusion I misheard them. Apparently they must have been talking about WatchCon which is something differant. The WatchCon *is* at the next to highest level as per the article referenced by Rugged Shark.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join