It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea: No longer bound by 1953 truce

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   

N. Korea: No longer bound by 1953 truce

www.cnn.com

SEOUL, South Korea (CNN) -- North Korea threatened military action Wednesday after South Korea joined a U.S.-led effort to limit the trafficking of weapons of mass destruction, the official Korean Central News Agency said.

"Our revolutionary armed forces ... will regard" South Korea's participation "in the PSI as a declaration of war ..." the North's official news agency said.

Pyongyang also announced it was no longer bound by the 1953 armistice that ended the Korean War.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Well now this does not sound good. Guess what happens of North Korea comes across that DMZ line to engage the South? It is after all the U.S. Army that sits on that line.
The United States is on the verge of it’s stretched to the near breaking point military taking on what is likely to be a huge traditional ground war of forces lined up in pretty but oh so deadly rows firing back and forth at each other in combat that could send our troops home in body bags in numbers we haven’t seen in decades.

This would not be good.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   

"The Korean Peninsula is bound to immediately return to a state of war from a legal point of view, and so our revolutionary armed forces will go over to corresponding military actions," North Korea said through its news agency.

By the way has anyone noticed the new Kim Jong II lookalike looks like he comes from the Osama Bin Laden look alike school?

Now that the group officially declared confrontation and war against (North Korea), its revolutionary armed forces will opt for increasing the nation's defense capability, including nuclear deterrent in every way, without being bound to the agreement adopted at the six-party talks," it continued, apparently referring to the Security Council.

They just might mean that nuclear deterrent. It looks to me like they might have a nuclear deterrent too, and it looks like they might have the delivery systems to hit South Korea and Japan.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   
This means they go *First Strike* abilities.

Watch out North Korea.

peace

[edit on 27-5-2009 by silo13]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Sorry didn't mean to double post, I wanted to add the url to support my post.

Mean ol lag!

[edit on 27-5-2009 by silo13]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
This means they’ll get their *First Strike* abilities.

Watch out North Korea.

All I can say is I hope these guys are all bluffing...oh and now might be a good time to stop playing the World's policeman.

If you need warranty work done on your Hyundai or Kia better do it quick!

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   
North Korea has been talking trash this whole time and we never believed them.

Maybe we should have taken them more seriously?

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
North Korea has been talking trash this whole time and we never believed them.

Maybe we should have taken them more seriously?

Well the crazy reality is, this has just been a truce since 1953. Both nations have been poised at that demarkation which is the most militarized spot in the world for 56 years now.

I suppose you could say it was bound to happen and that the stage has always been set for it.

Isn't it just an amazing coincidence that it all takes place now while the War Drums are beating harder and faster in the Middle East.

The Israeli's are already trying to bolster public opinion for striking Iran by trying to tie them to North Korea, so the uglier the situation in North Korea gets, the uglier it's likely to get in the Middle East too.

This is a very bad scenario.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Well, all I can say is if Japan had First Strike abilities a few days ago - we’d be having a whole different conversation wouldn’t we.

Also, I want to read more because from what I was led to understand, allowing Japan First Strike meant/means a whole new peace treaty to be negotiated with the USA. I’d love to know what’s in that!

And please excuse me for the double post yet again - my first one!

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Makes Powell and Biden look like modern day prophets. Obama will have to make a hard choice if the North Koreans storm over that line.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Well, all I can say is if Japan had First Strike abilities a few days ago - we’d be having a whole different conversation wouldn’t we.

Also, I want to read more because from what I was led to understand, allowing Japan First Strike meant/means a whole new peace treaty to be negotiated with the USA. I’d love to know what’s in that!

And please excuse me for the double post yet again - my first one!

Japan couldn't have First Strike capabilities of it's own. It's not even legally allowed to have an offensive military capability. We are obliged by treaty to defend Japan.

That means they are American Nuclear Weapons and that means that ultimately it's a U.S. First Strike launched from Japanese soil which is a good way to turn Japan into smoldering ruin as we could just man up for it here in the States and launch from a nearby Submarine.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Okay, It's war you want. No doubt you will get is. Creator forgive us all.
It's inevitable. It takes time, but it happens. When I joined tthe Us army in 1980 my drlll sergent told me I would eventually fight in Iraq, He was right. He also said he was going to quit the army because there were no more "good" wars to fight. but meanwhile, he had a job to do and he would do it. Train us. I was told in1992 that we were going to war with NorthKorea. I didn't want to. And so I eventually retired. I went to war against Iraq. the good wars were over. All American solidiers and airmen, sailors and marines. Stop!! There are no good wars anymore, if ever. I tell you this not as a disgruntled veteran. I tell you as a patriot. Stop the insanity. WWII is over. Let the Koreas sort it out. Fuc* it if the majority of the people choose. It's the process. Let's worry about our own, first. Then branch out into other countiries.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   
War is highly unlikely, more rattling via the North Koreans.

Unlike the Korean War of the 1950s, the Chinese will not be providing military support to their Communist neighbours. Unless Kim Jong Il is dead, military leaders would not be launching strikes on South Korea.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
You have to understand though, time is running out for ol'Kimmy. His health is failing, there are reports he had a heart attack last year. I mean just look at the recent pictures of the guy. He doesnt look to good.

This could be his attempt at a final show. Going out with a big bang. One for the history books.

What would make the man more remembered than causing the first nuclear war between N.Korea and the rest of the world?

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Then it's official, North Korea is at war again with South Korea, which means the US and the South can officially start attacking North Korea at any time, and vice versa.

I think this means, the gloves are off?

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

The Korean War never ended - just a very prolong, fragile and tedious ceasefire. Which has been broken on a few occasions in the past.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

You are right, but dissolving this loose armistice treaty from 1953 clearly shows North Korea is taking a military path towards their own inevitable destruction. Call it a reaffirmation of war.

I am beginning to think this is a let's see how much damage we can do before we finally go out with a few retaliatory bangs.

I would not be surprised to see war break out within days, it really seems likely now that all this posturing is over. But again, action speaks louder then words and we all know lil' kim is always screaming about something.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

There is a difference between rhetoric and action.

War is in nobody's interest. Seoul is 56 miles from 10,000 North Korean artillery barriers along the border. Analysts predict the North could literally eradicate Seoul in three days.

North Korea is under no illusion that China will be neutral second time around and the Russian's are taking precautions of their own. Detonating a nuclear device did not please Moscow. The old "Communist" cabal is dead. The North would have to face a South - whose military is equipped by American arms.

A second Korean War would be the mother of all blood baths, worse than the Iranian-Iraqi war. And if North Korea (highly unlikely) carried out a nuclear strike, well...it is best not thinking about the consequences.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

In the end, you and I both know that North Korea will be wiped of the map, and South Korea will suffer massive causalities if a war breaks out.

As you say, action speaks louder then words. I am wondering if lil' kim is feeling all too powerful since his nuke test was a success, now fueled by that sense of nuclear muscle, it's clear he is exploiting it to try to get what ever he wants.

War is not in anyone interests but it looks almost inevitable now, only time will tell. The outcome will be horrible if it does happen.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
www.guampdn.com...

www.kcna.co.jp...

just a few links that might be of interest. Nice to know some f-22's are around the region. Ahem. Hopefully that will be a deterrent to some stupid things from happening.

[edit on 27-5-2009 by Adrifter]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join