It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran arrests 'blood-sucking Satanists'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
www.independent.co.uk...

news.bbc.co.uk...

happens in the UK as well , the whole `drinking live blood` thing , whilst a `scene` isn`t well liked anywhere.

blog.taragana.com...

^^ USA case in arizona

many many links on google to blood drinking

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
happens in the UK as well , the whole `drinking live blood` thing , whilst a `scene` isn`t well liked anywhere.

^^ USA case in arizona

Well of course those are going to make the news! Hacking up someone (unwillingly) and drinking their blood is definitely rather bizarre.

Some things should be consentual and PRIVATE. I guess blood drinking during a stage show would be okay, but it is not something that should go on in crowded areas where blood could be flung about on bystanders.

Major health risks associated with that.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

Again very true. I've always found Iran's history very interesting. It's full of surprises.

My impression is that (and take it for what it is, since I have no first hand knowledge) that Iran has this layer of social conservativism that on the surface, seems to be the norm. But look a little harder and yes, you will see the girls with their barely 'legal' garb and that private life is not the same as public life, that dancing, music and other things that you wouldn't be able to do in public, take place in private.

That people toe the line, some more willing than others, and those that are dissatissfied with things, learn ways to work around them. Quietly.

Now, after reading your statement, maybe it isn't so quietly after all.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jadette
Now, after reading your statement, maybe it isn't so quietly after all.

Well yes and no. The fashions can push the limit, but in other ways they do behave in a pretty restrained way in public. Couples do NOT touch eachother in public at all, the youths troll the malls and such but other than the dress code they do behave in a conservative manner in public.

They are not loud or obnoxious (even the teenagers), you don't get groups in malls taking over and annoying other shoppers (common in parts of the U.S.). Overall it is a very very polite society. Plus it is nearly 100% homogenius, there are no "outside groups" with different standards, everybody, even the eccentrics, are still Iranians and still family in a way.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by InTrueFiction

I stand corrected. You clarified and explained a carefully considered argument.

However I would like to cite two examples of youth style rebelliousness in Iran. The first is home grown reaction to the strict rules of association between the sexes imposed by the religious authorities. The youth have taken advantage of marriage laws to have short term marriages often lasting a minimum of three days. This has been tolerated by the authorities because it helps to avoid births out of wedlock and offers parental responsibilities. Another benefit it contributes is safe sex through declarations of sound health with the relevant documentation in the process.

An example of externally imposed youth style rebelliousness is the heroin culture being pumped into Iran from the flourishing trade in Afghanistan.

[edit on 083131p://pm3108 by masonwatcher]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I've traveled the world and yes I have been to Iran and you know what? no matter where you go people are people with the same hopes and dreams. religious zealotry is the same no matter if its Allah, Jehova, Buddha. Judging a people on the basis of who is in charge is a zero sum game. Would you want to be judged on the basis of just the Bush years?

Change is coming to Iran..... Change that will undo all of the damage we (yes we) caused if we can just show a little patience

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
^cant agree more, my mother is Iranian and she told me stories about when she was in her teenage years, said it was like America but only in Iran. I've only been there once and let me tell you that place is very nice but the only issue i had was the laws there ;< :|

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by masonwatcher

We both have two views on the subject yours probably being the most relevant. As I review the cases you bring my first impression is that they are symptoms of the same conflict I mentioned before which is made valid by history. But you are right in your stance (if I understood your view) though I stand in my claim that these things - both the OP's subject and those you pointed out - are the result of a culture going through a significant change brought fourth by their industrial and economical growth in contrast to a rigid tradition much more significant than that is the present and the people involved as you point out.

Justifying my own view though I think that Iran is currently adapting to a western culture. Not through the enforcement of stereotypes as happened before but by the will of its people. Much like the Mediterranean countries did during the late 20th century, much like Japan did after the 2nd World War.

This is important to world affairs in my opinion. Iran (I think) is going through the very same stages that each and every one of our countries were going through not so long ago. We can stand here and argue what is best and what is not but Iran's progress towards (mind you by progress I mean a direction) an open culture much like our own would hold a tremendous change in the political scenario between the western word and the middle east.

Now yes... I'm talking about an article that refers to what could be defined as a party gone bad. Maybe my views are far-fetched and probably hopeful but from the many news that I've gathered from Iran including this one and the ones you pointed out my belief and hope is that Iran is as we type a country in the very same confusion that defined our entry into the very same industrial reality we live today. It isn't a matter of superiority. This isn't me stating our way is best. This is just a matter of communication. Imagine a middle east with an Iranian population that is able to empathise with the western world. No.. our culture is not perfect, our culture is not superior. But imagine peace.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join