It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran arrests 'blood-sucking Satanists'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Iran arrests 'blood-sucking Satanists'

www.theaustralian.news.com.au

IRAN has arrested more than 100 "Satan-worshippers" in a raid on a concert in the southern city of Shiraz where people were drinking alcohol and "sucking blood", a newspaper reports.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I have got to find out more about this!

Were they actually "sucking blood" or were they just drinking at a heavy metal concert? Hard to tell, but I would be pretty troubled about that in any country let alone Iran.

"These people drank alcohol, hurt themselves and sucked blood," Mr Hamidi said.

Iranian authorities sometimes link hard rock and heavy metal music and their icons with Satan worship.

www.theaustralian.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Shere Khaan

Sounds like a modern day inquisition.
Or witch hunt which ever you prefer sounds like somebody dropped a hot tip at the local mullahs rat line.

[edit on 27-5-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   

This one is right up there with when they arrested the pigeons for espionage. Iran is a strange place.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I guess Iran doesn't like emos.

‘They believe they should defy religions, especially Islam, do as they want and drag the world into anarchy,’ deputy police chief Hossein Zolfaghari said.

Khaleej Times

I think it is clear that Iran is going through a conflict that will inevitably happen in many parts of the middle-east and Africa still - the younger population adhering to values and lifestyles that go against the country's religious and political tradition. Every country in the world had these moments in their history. Iran seems to be headed towards a cultural revolution.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis

This one is right up there with when they arrested the pigeons for espionage. Iran is a strange place.

That's exactly what the pigeons want you to think!

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I'd love to know what bands were on the lineup lol. If the Iranians think music like Motley Crue, Bon Jovi or Def Leppard are Satanic then there in for a shock discovering Black Metal

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by InTrueFiction

the younger population adhering to values and lifestyles that go against the country's religious and political tradition. Every country in the world had these moments in their history.

Blood sucking and strange music has nothing to do with progress. Whether you believe Iranian culture is beneath yours or not, you really cannot imply blood sucking is an acceptable form of behaviour.

Have some sense of proportion dude.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
The witch hunt could happen here in america secretly. There are people out there who are dumb on all sides. I think the satanists are evil out of spite, and the religious zealots are either liars and actually committing greater evil for oppression and fear mongering in the first place causing the evil. So frankly all world leaders and lawmakers, should first arrest themselves because

problem, solution, reaction.

Hey religious people, Jesus is good, and yet would still tell you that your misguided in thinking, Satan would edify your mistakes, and turn you into a person that only exclusive people like,

God is not exclusive to a religion, system of beliefs or otherwise. Those world leaders who believe that God talks to them, or uses that excuse to murder and war, are committing murder and have judged themselves.

Also the accuser is the devil. So frankly religion accuses a perceived evil, and becomes satan..heres an example

when certain churches in america were chanting "God hates fags"
A: nowhere in the bible does it say that aside from being, detestable. But MANKIND WROTE THE BIBLE PEOPLE, GOD DID NOT, GOD WROTE LIFE INTO ExisTENCE YES, WE HAVE FREE WILL. Prophecy i believe is part vision, part intent. And people who follow the bible in wonderment and faith are confusing themselves. Same with any written manuscript, i attribute them to a early attempt to build followers of more confusion making you the believer maliable and manipulatable.

Evil is tricky aint it. It plays all kinds of games with you if your not solid (note ATS status). careful you staunch haters who go to church, your soul is in mortal danger. Or is religion just a cover for you because you enjoy your hatred, ignorance and your disguised religious autocracy?

[edit on 27-5-2009 by mastermind77]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Everybody has the right to be whatever they want....

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by mastermind77

problem, solution, reaction.

I have seen this phrase knocking about. Surely the logical progression is;

problem ---> reaction ---> solution?

I am not trying to contradict you for the sake trying to understand the concept.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I think the implication is, the blood drinking accusation is just something made up, to reinforce the whole 'omg satanists' statement.

When you read several of these articles about this incident and others like it, it starts to sound more like a bunch of heavy metal folks,

In September 2008, a senior police chief said members of the so-called cults would wear ‘broken-cross and skeleton necklaces and rings, drink alcohol and dance in their ceremonies.

and culture clash with the Iranian police, who don't understand who or what they are.

Last year there was a student uprising in Shiraz , could this be in part, a way that the government is striking back at them or part of the ongoing culture clash?

aryamehr11.blogspot.com...

In a country that doesn't even ALLOW concerts unless they are government sanctioned, and even then, most bands have to be instrumental only and there's no mixed crowds allowed, can you imagine what a heavy metal concert would seem like?

I hear there's a strong underground rock music culture in Iran, so maybe this is the government's way of making the general public afraid of such things.

I mean, look at the silly stuff we hear about bands here in the US. Wasn't that long ago that Ozzy Osbourne wasn't allowed to perform in Utah because he was a 'devil worshiper'. Heh.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by masonwatcher

First off the progress I referred too was one of direction or trend if you prefer that has been demonstrated before in the past - like I stated in the history of every country particularly of western society. I do not make judgements of superiority.

Secondly I am no referring to blood-sucking as a sign of this progress
(that should be too obvious to anyone with common sense) just as I do not think that my culture is superior to any other culture or that headbanging, Saturday Night Fever, John Travolta, Woodstock, etc. are signs of progress. What I do point out as what is in my opinion a sign of the same progression or trend displayed by many other civilizations is the conflict between a political and social environment ruled by religious tradition and a new generation following other values.

I'm not passing judgement on the tradition being defended by the arrests made or the actions for which the arrests were made - I am merely pointing out that these moments where the youth of a country rebels against the ancestral culture are characteristic of the very same progress (read direction) from a rigid form of society to an open form of society that we see extensively in the history of western world.

Hence my statement that I wonder if Iran is headed for a cultural revolution in the next decade bringing its society further from Islamic tradition and closer to western values. (Before I'm jumped again - not that I think this would make them better, superior, etc. but simply because it has been through history a normal trend in any country developing in terms of economy and industry).

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shere Khaan
Were they actually "sucking blood" or were they just drinking at a heavy metal concert? Hard to tell, but I would be pretty troubled about that in any country let alone Iran.

I have been to Shiraz, and I am quite sure it was not a "heavy metal concert". It said a concert/party held at a garden outside of Shiraz, which sounds like a private house party.

The public social scene there is limited to outdoor picnics and shopping, restaurants and maybe a movie theater. They do not encourage groups of people to congregate for odd social reasons in public at all. It is all done in private settings.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Rather than edit my last post, I'll continue here with this video.

littlegreenfootballs.com...

An excerpt from the video, which was filmed btw, by Iran’s mullah-approved Channel 2.

Hairstylist: Some people dye [their hair]. Some are heavy metal fans, and others are devil worshippers.

Reporter: Devil worship originated in England in the 19th century. It is supported by Jewish and America capitalists. Drug use and depraved sexual rituals are part of the daily life of devil worshippers.

If you watch the video, it's clearly implying that these people are depraved, devil worshipers, merely for the clothes they wear, and their hairstyles. None of which would be considered that outrageous here in the US.

And look at this, just last year:

Iranian police detained more than 200 people and seized alcohol and drugs in a raid on a "satanic" underground rock concert, media in the conservative Islamic state reported on Saturday

www.reuters.com...

Iran arrested more than 200 music fans at an underground rock concert that one official called a "satanic" gathering and authorities accused the youths of breaking Islamic law.

A witness said Sunday that police raided the concert as it was ending late Wednesday near the town of Karaj, some 30 miles west of the capital.

"Police detained the young people who had gathered to enjoy music in a private orchard," said the witness, who requested anonymity for fear of government retaliation.

"Most of them were wealthy young people who were not aware of the satanic nature of the concert," Farhadi told state television. "A female singer, who was performing, and some rock and rap music bands were among the detained."

www.foxnews.com...

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jadette
If you watch the video, it's clearly implying that these people are depraved, devil worshipers, merely for the clothes they wear, and their hairstyles. None of which would be considered that outrageous here in the US.

Well you can be sure they KNOW they are making a HUGELY RADICAL choice by looking that way. Yes seriously. This is an ultra-conservative Islamic country, women wear head scarves, men are expected to wear long sleeved shirts and pants (it is the law) and maintain modesty.

Sure that would be considered okay here, though on the extreme side, but there it is much more extreme. It would be the equivalent of an american shaving their head and covering their scalp and face with tatoos (and while that maybe legal here, it surely would limit their job opportunities and yes they WOULD be ostracized in many segments of the U.S. as well).

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

Oh I agree, and that's sort of my point. There's nothing nefarious really going on, it's only that in the context of Iran's current culture, that these things are shocking, and the government is encouraging the view of that by labeling it 'devil worshiping' and making accusations of blood drinking and the like.

Iran is a curious case too, because they USED to have a progressive culture and it's only been a recent thing that has turned things so ultra-conservative. How would you feel if your mother once danced in discos and listened to pop and rock music and now you couldn't leave the house with your hair showing, or not wearing a long, shapeless coat?

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jadette
Iran is a curious case too, because they USED to have a progressive culture and it's only been a recent thing that has turned things so ultra-conservative. How would you feel if your mother once danced in discos and listened to pop and rock music and now you couldn't leave the house with your hair showing, or not wearing a long, shapeless coat?

Yeah but part of the problem was the Shah was FORCING people into being modern and westernized. Yes they encouraged short skirts and discos, but I believe the government was also ACTIVELY persecuting those that wanted to be Islamic and conservative (i.e. tearing the chadors off of women in the streets to discourage it).

And even today Iranians are all over the map, there are the conservatives but most are in the middle and they are very aware of what is going on. They are not going to be easily fooled by accusations of "devil worshipping". In fact I would say such accusations would probably fire up more of the conservative U.S. population than the average Iranian population.

Plus they (well the women) wear their politics quite literally. Conservatives wear full Chadors (black cloaks), whereas the liberals wear the minimal headscarves pulled back as far as possible. They are blatant and obvious about where they stand in public and in private. So it isn't all that repressed as anyone could look at a crowd and pick out the conservatives and the ultra liberals in an instant.

[edit on 27-5-2009 by Sonya610]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

From what I've seen. ( I have never been to Iran)

If you look at Iranian music, sometimes they have over the top, flashy music, with multiple women. And some of the Iranians that go to other countries can be really flirty and they really love night clubs etc.

Then you look at the other iranians that are the total opposite.

And then like you said most are in the middle.

[edit on 27-5-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Blood sucking . . .

Rminds me of the blood cannons at a Marilyn Manson concert I went to in the late 90's.

They had these cannons that would shoot out warm strawberry syrup. STuff looked and felt just like blood. Everyone in the moshpit came out looking like they were in a massive sword fight.

I even had a grocery store clerk offer to call me an ambulance when we stopped at the store to buy snacks after the concert. lol

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join