It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands Beaten, Raped In Irish Reform Schools!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Thousands Beaten, Raped In Irish Reform Schools!

www.wusa9.com

DUBLIN (AP) -- A fiercely debated, long-delayed investigation into Ireland's Roman Catholic-run institutions says priests and nuns terrorized thousands of boys and girls in workhouse-style schools for decades -- and government inspectors failed to stop the chronic beatings, rapes and humiliation.
Nine years in the making, Wednesday's 2,600-page report sides almost completely with the horrific reports of abuse from former students sent to more than 250 church-run, mostly residential institutions.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   
www.wusa9.com

For a lot of you who wonder why so many people are disillusioned with religion and are leaving the church, please read this entire article. You will understand why I have a real problem with religion. How in the H… can people in their right mind torture and rape little girls and boys and still call themselves Christians, I find it sickening how these monsters hide behind their religion and were protected by the church all the way to the Vatican.

Irish church leaders and religious orders all declined to comment Wednesday, citing the need to read the massive document first. The Vatican also declined to comment.

Why am I not surprised.

But most leaders of religious orders have rejected the allegations as exaggerations and lies, and testified to the commission that any abuses were the responsibility of often long-dead individuals.

Oh yes lets “blame” the dead! They can’t talk.

This is the kind of sick abuse I endured for the first 14 years of my life, only my abuse was at the hands of my own parents.

After years of therapy and medication, I was able to function in normal society however there will always be underlying problems with hurt and anger from such severe abuse and there is not enough therapy to make it go away.

The Irish government already has funded a parallel compensation system that has paid 12,000 abuse victims an average of euro65,000 ($90,000). About 2,000 claims remain outstanding.

There is no amount of money that can undo what they did. The thousands of lives they destroyed can never be made whole. These criminal will have to answer to God one day and these abusers will know what it felt like to being rape, and beaten, and humiliated, they will know what each victim was thinking while they were torturing them. This is one of the most sickening articles I have ever read, this is more than child molesters and tortures. This was a place were some of the sickest creatures got employment so they could full fill their wildest sickening fantasy on these defenseless children.

www.wusa9.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 27-5-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by impressme

I am so sorry for your suffering.

I am not surprised about this news. Priests and nuns are repressed and take it out on others. The entire system of religion is sick and has been for many years.

I believe in Jesus Christ, and not the corrupt churches of the world.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   

QandA May 25th - response to question on Ryan Commission Report

www.youtube.com...

Here is more, watch this video and you will feel this poor mans outrage.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   
S&F
The video clip was the topper.
They are everywhere and everyone seems to turn a blind eye to it until their heads fall off.
A poem I wrote about these monsters.

Without Words

What a madman, to do what you do
When stopped, as if sleeping
Your thoughts never rest.
When free, you laugh inside
"Fools!" you joust in whisper
Intoxicated, in victim's despair
As if yesterday, your thoughts
Invoke the monster you hide
Still today, your victims hide
from the monster you are.
Turning their heads away
They pretend not to see you
Foresaking children loved
Without Words.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by impressme

You can't fake passion like that; this man deserves the peace he is asking for.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

new topics

top topics

join