It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Venezuela Selling Uranium to Iran? Israel Thinks So

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Venezuela Selling Uranium to Iran? Israel Thinks So

chattahbox.com

According to the Israeli online news site, Ynetnews, Venezuela may be supplying Iran with uranium for its nuclear development program, with Bolivia suspected as a supplier of the nuclear material, as well.

This information comes courtesy of a leaked Israeli Foreign Ministry report prepared in advance of Israel Foreign Minister, Avigdor Lieberman’s trip to South America next week.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 03:40 AM
link   
I am all but a fan of the Israeli government, but the Iranian government is a bunch of extremists too that has forced poverty upon its people with its ridiculous extremist policies. Last year, I saw a documentary in which the son of Shah Reza Pahlavi met in Europe with prominent Iranian political refugees to discuss possibilities of overthrowing the Ayatollah government. I sincerely hope the Iranian government will be overthrown. They are a threat to its own people and to the region, regardless of their conflict with Israel. However, what to think of Venezuela? If this news is true, I would be in favor of the world getting tougher of Hugo-idiot-Chavez as well. He's eventually managed to put through the law allowing him to remain presidency of Venezuela for a longer period of time and this cannot be a good thing.

chattahbox.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   
i must ask

why?

since iran has there own natural deposits , why would they buy it in?

www.globalsecurity.org...

sorry but its yet another `made up to fit the mood` story.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I am by no means an expert in the the chemistry field, but how hard is it to swiftly refine large amounts of uranium ore and is it easy to manufacture the technology for it?

There have been rumors including Bolivia, Venezuela, South Africa and bunch of other (African) countries. Iran is not even able to refine oil on a large scale, they are exporting their raw oil and import fuel products. So why do you take it for granted they are capable of refining large quantities of uranium?

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   
www.wise-uranium.org...

A cooperation agreement for the use of nuclear energy for peaceful purposes between the governments of Venezuela and Russia was passed by the National Assembly this week and published in the Official Gazette. The Gazette No. 368,817 published on May 4th, offers details of the agreement, which provides for the exploration and development of uranium and thorium (radioactive minerals) deposits and their use for "peaceful purposes." The agreement also includes the development of nuclear infrastructure, the safety of nuclear facilities and radioactive sources, industrial production of components and materials to be used in nuclear reactors, among others. (El Universal, Caracas, May 8, 2009)

and

IAEA offers aid for Bolivia to exploit uranium
The United Nations announced on Mar. 27, 2009, its disposition to cooperate with Bolivia on the exploration and exploitation of uranium mines.
Bolivia has uranium deposits, but the government has classified the information as "reserved." According to reports from the Canadian company Mega Uranium - Intrepid Mines , the uranium mine is situated in the plateau.
Meanwhile, the National Service of Geology and Mining (Sergeomin ) identified 11 locations with uranium in natural state in the district of Cotaje between the towns of Huari in Oruro and Sevaruyo in the border area between both departments and Mulato River in Potosi. But technical reports say that those are not uranium concentrated deposits, but "small points"; and the amount of the reserves are unknown due to lack of investment in the quantification work. (Xinhua Mar. 27, 2009)

neither country are at present mining it.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
neither country are at present mining it.

Officially not perhaps, but clandestinely they might:

Originally posted 8 September 2006 | Camilo Ospina, on the day he was sworn in as Colombia’s new ambassador to the Organization of American States, stated in a speech titled “Geopolitics in Latin America” that Venezuela had two clandestine uranium mines and warned of the risk presented by this fact.

It is entirely possible that the trust bestowed upon him by the absence of any news media and the presence of an academic audience conspired to lead the diplomat into stating with total self confidence that “if I were asked about a risk, something that would make me very nervous, I would say that I get very nervous about the two factories, the two uranium mines that are present at this moment in Venezuela.”

He stated further that “if you were to go straight in the direction of Arauca, arrive at the border and penetrate about 400 kilometers beyond, you will find two factories, one is a bicycle factory and the other a motorcycle factory. These two factories are a façade for a uranium excavation.”

And he concluded: “Venezuela has no means of enriching uranium, but Iran does. If that came about, we would have a real problem.”

Now I admit that the ambassador of archival Colombia might not be fully objective, but it wouldn't surprise me neither if his claim is actually true.

Edit: source

[edit on 27-5-2009 by Mdv2]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
-Look at it this way Venezuela is drowning in Oil,while Bolivia is the leading supplier of Lithium(which we need for our cell phones etc). It's more than obvious this is a justification to go in like Iraq.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

well

www.guardian.co.uk...

russia has aggreed to build the first nuclear reactor in venezuela

new topics

top topics

join