It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Jesus' Teachings Abolish the Old Testament Laws?

page: 21
<< 18  19  20   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Thanks for the info on formats

I will try give you a quick summary of the last posts. I was posting quotes written by a woman called Ellen White whose writings are considered to be from God and considered by the Jesuits (who are tasked by the Vatican to destroy Protestantism, and are also the ones who are behind the creation and still current control of the top of Freemasonry and the illuminati) to be the only true prophet from God of any church around. (video link on this info from Jesuits presented www.youtube.com... 2:46min long)

Ellen White received over 2000 visions from God and became the most prolific and widest translated writer in American history presenting the information she received from God in her visions. These quotes talk about how Satan will deceive the whole world by impersonating the second coming of Jesus and how the mark of the beast system will come about. These writings were made over 100 years ago. I then mentioned another man who since about 2006 has been receiving dreams with the same kind of content as White but in much more specific detail (he is saying we are right on the cusp of these events coming about). The big wall of text that you scrolled past was the writings of Ernie Knoll’s dream describing in a very detailed way how Satan will present himself in this false second coming to deceive people. The information presented in those posts are basically the most important information anyone in the world could read IMHO!

I will try make the posts more presentable in the future but don’t be too quick to scroll down. These are most important issues and can not be resolved with a couple of lines.

What is most important in the info presented is not my opinion or analysis of it because I agree with Ellen White already and believe that she is a prophet from God, it is just getting the information out there and giving other people a chance to decide on the information by themselves unfiltered by me. Or so that they are aware what to look out for so that when the great deceiver does come about we won't fall for his hoax.

edit on 22-1-2012 by JesuitGarlic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by JesuitGarlic

Theres a rule about copying and pasting walls of text into your posts... ye know...

And also some people who will balk at the site of it in a similar way as I did to an OP where it was requested to sit and watch a hour and thirty five minute video on the evils of whatever.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   

This noble being, who calls himself “the Christ,” stands so tall that he is easily seen.

This reminds me of a description of Saul who we know met a sad fate.
This would not fit the description of Jesus where the Bible says there was nothing to recommend Jesus, meaning physically to look at him there was nothing to indicate he should be seen as being kingly.

So this is actually a description of Satan pretending to be Jesus, by the modern, current dreaming prophet so it should be expected that it would seem wrong to people who know their Bible.
edit on 22-1-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   

They merely overlooked that he would come in glory the second time he came and not as the 'suffering servant like he did the first time.
I understand this is a take on the situation which gets spread around but it is just not accurate. The prophecy was for a glorious appearing just as there was in the days of Moses, where YHWH would manifest himself and be a warrior for Israel to defeat their enemies and to cause a flourishing in the land and that his presence would be there in the temple continuously.
Jesus defeated the real enemy, Satan, he brought about a spiritual flourishing, and is in the temple continuously as in the church being the temple and the spirit of Christ in us is the Spirit of God in the land.
So Jesus actually is the complete fulfillment and there is nothing else to be done by Jesus physically showing up.

. . . Jesus absolutely fulfilled all the Messianic prophecies from the OT perfectly to the letter . . .
Right, so no need for Jesus to come back. Revelation is not talking about a second coming but is the spiritual telling of what already happened and how it was prophecy fulfilled but on a spiritual level.
edit on 22-1-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

I guess you don't believe the Apostle's Creed? The part where it says "He shall come again to judge the living and the dead."

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000

I guess you don't believe the Apostle's Creed? The part where it says "He shall come again to judge the living and the dead."
I haven't really thought about that up until you just asked me. I was never taught that, or actually any creed, for that matter. If it says that, then I would say, no, that God judges continually.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

I haven't really thought about that up until you just asked me. I was never taught that, or actually any creed, for that matter. If it says that, then I would say, no, that God judges continually.

The creed is basically the most fundamental summation of Christianity.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

The creed is basically the most fundamental summation of Christianity.
Well, La De Dah, according to who?

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   

The early church fathers.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

I did some looking into the Apostle's Creed a few years ago but in relation to questions on the Trinity so I did not pay attention to the judgment part which was not an issue with me until recently.
As I remember it, the Creed has a sketchy background and really is not that old.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
So the sixth commandment isn't about the act of murder, it's about the emotions of anger, greed, etc. behind the murder. OK. I'm thinking you should reread that part and talk to a real ambassador of Christ. You're getting bad advice. a reply to: Locoman8

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: hillybilly
So the sixth commandment isn't about the act of murder, it's about the emotions of anger, greed, etc. behind the murder. OK. I'm thinking you should reread that part and talk to a real ambassador of Christ. You're getting bad advice. a reply to: Locoman8

I think you might need to read Matthew chapter 7 and tell me why an ambassador of Christ would disagree... And who's to say I'm not an ambassador of Christ myself?

Oh, and thank you for joining my thread from 2009... Lol

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Locoman8

Or rather Matthew 5:21-26

top topics

<< 18  19  20   >>

join