It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bookmark?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Maybe there is a way to do this that I am not aware of but...

When I go to a thread that I have been following, it always goes back to the first page. Not that it defaults there, just I can't differentiate from what I have read and what I have not.

This means that if I have read up to page twenty, of what is now a 50 page thread I have to remember, "Oh yeah I was on page twenty".

Sorry, I'm old and I can't remember that I was on page 16 of the "Did you know goat's testicles cure cancer".

Now, I would probably eat a goat's testicle for far less reasons, but somehow I am being deprived of my knowledge of goat's testicles because I can't be bothered to figure out where the hell I am in the thread. So, now I'm gonna die of cancer and it's all your fault.

Is there some function that I am missing that allows me to track the page I am up to in a thread?

If not, can there be one? 'Cause, seriously, I need more goat testicles.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by lellomackin

No unfortunately we have no such feature

What i do if i'm really interested in a long thread is email myself a link to the last post i read, when i want to go back to the thread without missing anything i just use the link that i emailed myself and i pick up at the last post i read. Do you know how to link to a specific post ?

Hope that helps.

Good luck with your quest for knowledge on goat testicles

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
never mind

[edit on 27-5-2009 by easynow]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by lellomackin

Greetings lellomackin,

I have figured a way to do just what you require.

First, create a new folder in your bookmarks list.

Then find the post you last made and click the words 'this post' (it is next to the post's date)

After you have clicked the 'this post' button, then just add the page to your new bookmarks folder.

*Now you just have to log in to ATS and then you can use your new bookmarks folder to get to your last post.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
There's been heaps of threads on this issue.
It's the one feature missing IMO that is holding this site back from being perfection.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by chise61

I am working on a personal project that includes a message board plug in. Its kinda of based on social media tagging. It highlites and saves board comments so you can quicky access them. Its hard to follow a 100+ page topic for sure.

However I am more of an internet marketing expert. I wish I could code 18 hours a day

new topics

top topics

join