It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge blast hits central Lahore

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Huge blast hits central Lahore

edition.cnn.com

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan (CNN) -- A huge explosion reduced at least one building to rubble and sent plumes of thick smoke miles into the sky in the eastern Pakistani city of Lahore on Wednesday.

The blast occurred on Mall Road near the city police .quarters and the high court, according to witnesses and GEO-TV, a CNN affiliate.

There were no immediate details on confirmed casualties, though television reports said the blast wounded several people, destroyed dozens of cars and damaged buildings.

Lahore is the same city where gunmen hurled grenades and opened fire on officers at a police
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Well, seems like we have a fresh terrorist attack. Let's see who takes the blame for this one.

I am assuming they will blame it on the Taliban or something, but it could be anyone.

Just more tension in the middle east. Somebody wants this powderkeg to go boom. I think we should be very weary of what goes on there in the next couple of weeks.

Given NK''s recent behavior, we have a very tense situation on our hands, and if people aren't carefull, it's gonna get out of hand.

Thoughts?

~Keeper

edition.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
already posted here,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I couldn't help but notice that this area is very close to the border with India. There seems to be a lot of tension between many of the different nuclear or near nuclear states. Much turbulence involving Iran, North Korea, and now Pakistan (again). Let us hope that greater reasoning regains popularity in a hurry!

new topics

top topics

join