It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N Korea threatens military action

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   

N Korea threatens military action

news.bbc.co.uk

North Korea has warned of a military response after South Korea joined an anti-proliferation exercise which could allow it to search the North's ships.The North said it is no longer bound by the armistice which ended the Korean War in 1953.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Doesnt this mean an effective end to the armistice signed and the korean war just starts back up again? This is rather serious at this point if North Korea refuses to follow the armistice they don't have to declare war there already at war. Now i know they were crazy but i think this proves beyond a shadow of a doubt they cannot be trusted with nuclear weopons.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
TOO LATE Some else beat ya to it. Twice over actully but kudos for keeping us abreast of the latest

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
All I heard was that North Korea has weapons of mass destruction. But the thing is, is that North Korea is so small. If they do strike us with one of there bombs, that would do a small amount of damage because of the size of our country and then when we bomb them, "Adios Amigos!"

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeniusLogan15
All I heard was that North Korea has weapons of mass destruction. But the thing is, is that North Korea is so small. If they do strike us with one of there bombs, that would do a small amount of damage because of the size of our country and then when we bomb them, "Adios Amigos!"

This blast was estimated at about 15 kilotons this is the same size blast that destroyed Hiroshima so its not going to do minor damage in a major city it will destroy it. And lest not forget radiation. Now if your just arguing we have bigger weapons yes they have not learned how to produce thermo nuclear weapons.The United States once claimed it had the capability of tipping a Titan II ICBM with a 35-megaton-of-TNT.Now that is a huge blast!

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Don't forget the father of all nuclear bombs, the Tsar which can yeild 100MT and was only ever tested at 50MT which scared the pants off the Russians as they realized the radioactive threat was self-defeating alone.

It was a monster at 50MT, obviously bomber delivery only, no missile could probably effectively carry it. Still, what a big badda boom.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Well first off this topic has already been posted. Second North Korea cannot as of yet his the US with their "Bombs" S Korea on the other hand is almost certainly would be ground zero if it ever gets that's far.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Don't forget that N.K can use what they have of nukes to prevent US ships to come to close. Or prevent the US from acquiring bases in the region.

The US probably would have to use nukes as a first strike to even get close with their support.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

What are you talking about? The US already has bases there

I'm telling you this N Korea issue really has shown just how unfamiliar people are with the issue and the region.

List of United States Army installations in South Korea

[edit on 28-5-2009 by SLAYER69]

new topics

top topics

join