It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have an idea... Why don't we just accept it?... It's going to happen and we can't do anything!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
No,you won't put your trust in God, because quite frankly, you don't have it.

What you will do is sit behind a computer and proclaim righteous indignity while doing absolutely nothing.

What people do that believe in "God" and that they are "Davey" to the worlds "Goliath" is strap bombs to their chests and take out the "infidels". Something that I doubt you have the conviction for, and I have to say, I am glad of it.

And while that kind of action is abhorrent, it is most likely on par with talking crap while not doing anything in the name of "The Lord".

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

I pretty much agree with you, love the post! We actually are trying to make a difference, telling people in whatever manner does help - at work or sitting on our asses and typing away. It doesn't really matter to me what people's reactions are. What will happen will happen and I am just enjoying the show. It really is the ultimate reality tv show and we're all in it. Stay tuned, more to come.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr.Creagula

for every design there is a Designer. look around you its all one gigantic
design. to say there is no God , thats just very shallow. evolution is the
the fairytale . i'm sorry pal but even the mentally retarded people know
there is a God. if you or anyone else don't even have that much goin on, well
i guess you can pretty much just blame it on that high I.Q. lol

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

a man after my own heart. didn't V say that? dooper sounds like your head is screwed on straight. balanced and blueprinted too. love what you said man ! don't ever change.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Firstly what is TPTB? Prolly something really simple that I have seen around, but I just cant work it out

Lets get to the crux of this...
Why accept what you dont have to. In accepting the way the world is today, we are saying its ok to commit the atrocities they do, its ok to be a fascist society, but deny that you are, Its ok to pillage the earth and horde its resources at the detriment to thousands across the world.
The heart of spirituality (this I use to encompass all religion) is not to blindly accept, its to push, to live to learn, to have a voice, be you and expect the same from others, (Seek and ye shall find.. or something along those lines
). If you do not have a voice in this life and do not defend those that need our defence, then, and this is my feelings only and my belief only, you have achieved nothing in your life, as what you think is important here is not the real truth, if you learn and live you will see this reality very clearly. We are not here to sit on our haunches and hope for the best. This is why we are where we are now, we blindly accept the "guidance" of others that we feel are either beyond any power we ourselves can achieve or we just dont want to have to get "involved", or we feel that they know best, we are a desensitized people and it was done right under our noses., without really infringing too much on our free will.

Tell me would you walk by someone that is laying in the middle of the street, one that you can see has problems, maybe getting beaten or having a heart attack, but, would you walk on by.
That is what your doing in accepting this.
Things will change we just have to get up off our arses and start initiating this change. The mind is a very powerful thing remember.... You really do create your own reality.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Exaclty what I would expect a copied god who desires to control his subjects by censorhip would teach said individuals.

I'm sorry, but your god is a rip-off. A rip of other cultures god's who created this same place prior to your god's creation. Your god sent an angel to hell because he questioned why he should worship an imperfect creation when he could worship the perfect creator himself. Censorship at its finest.

In any case, I'm happy and unafraid because my god is the only one who knows exactly what I want. He is personal to me, and me alone. He has taught me everything I know, and allowed me to make the mistakes given to an intellectual individual.

My god told me these things:
Thou may kill.
Thou may steal.
If thou art starving, stealing food is a definite option.
Thou may disrespect anyones property.
Thou may disrespect anyone.
Thou may speak your mind, about anything, anywhere.

The only two things he demanded of me is:
Thou must think.
Thou must choose.

I'm absolutely certain my god accepts me for the choices I've made. That "he" forgave me for any errors as a child, without even needing to ask. "He" loves me for who I am, though there were times I had to honestly question that. Why? Because of sensationalism and alcoholism, in particular, and ignorance of these things.

Sorry, I don't trust in your god to save anything. I trust you to save us in the event that we actually need a savior, should your intuition not be polluted by sensationalist doctrine. The answers are out there, lazieness and emotional attachment/disenchantment stop you from finding them.

[edit on 27-5-2009 by shanerz]

[edit on 27-5-2009 by shanerz]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   
apparently only 130,000 souls will be saved in The Rapture. Something i like to pull out whenever the jaffas come knocking. Religious prophecies are nonsense and the sooner we move away from this fantasy the better.

Live your life without fear, your gonna die sooner or later. Just make sure you do what you feel is right while you are here.

Spend time with friends and family. Dont get caught doing a job you hate for financial sake only. you will never regret spending too much time with friends and family. You will regret spending too much time in a job that sucks the life out of you.

Be creative, find a hobby , help other people. go for walks, stop watching TV. take in the beauty of the countryside, the seaside .avoid shopping malls, anywhere where the herds meet.

Its impossible to feel positive all the time, you have to feel down to know what up feels like.

Not sure how this fits, but dont let this whole NWO thing scare you to stop living. Human beings have survived much worse times than those we currently live under

[edit on 27-5-2009 by woodwardjnr]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
As children of god we have chosen to play this game called life.

This world is our holodeck, different only in that it generally involves a preliminary mind-wipe.

Life is a great adventure, which we have chosen to experience.
We can go ahead and experience the loves, the friendships, the strife, the battles, the ability to create in human fashion, or we can sit on our cowardly backsides cringing in fear and awe of one of the imaginary constructs religions call god and use to control us.

There is no winning or losing; afterwards we will all be children of god again. Anyone who wants to create an eternal hell for themselves can. As children of god we have that power. But you would have to keep creating it all eternity for it to last.

Another option will be heaven/true-home/the-womb-of-god. Our true-home has no gates; the only person who can keep you out of there is yourself. This we will do if we are afraid of the transparency, afraid to have everyone know all of our past thoughts and actions, or if we harbour negative feelings to others and are unwilling to share heaven with them.

The joy, enthusiasm, love, pain, mortality and heartbreak we experience are envied by the angels. One day you will be an angel again. In the meantime live your earthly adventure wholeheartedly, not wasting a moment. Every experience you have may be your last chance ever to have that experience.

Afterwards, the regret of opportunities unexplored will far outweigh the regret for mistakes you have made.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
apparently only 130,000 souls will be saved in The Rapture.
[edit on 27-5-2009 by woodwardjnr]

Loved your post.

Just thought I would question the above.

I thought it was the 144000!

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

How arrogant. Give proof of god creating earth. I don't want to see you put up references to the bible. You are on a website that requires credible proof for any subject. How come bones have been discovered to date back millions of years yet no one can prove the existence of god, or even Jesus. When people say they talk to god every time they go to bed, im thinking their schizophrenia is acting up. Listen. God hasn't come down, or sent someone down, or showed he exists for 2000 years or so (according to the bible). Why would u waste your valuable life praying for something that will never happen, and you know it. My father would pray a full rosary every day. Did that stop him from passing away. His pancreatic cancer just got worse. If he ran everyday instead of praying that stupid rosary, if he relaxed instead of going to church, if he got a proper diet instead of confessing his sins, i think he would have had a better chance. Why do we pray? so we can get into heaven?. If god loves everyone then screw praying i should just commit suicide and live happily in the after life with my father. But its not like that. Your life is meant to be lived. If praying makes you happy go do it, im not saying its a bad thing. I just think its the same as babbling random words. These words don't have a certain energy frequency to them. They are meaningless.

[edit on 27-5-2009 by Dr.Creagula]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr.Creagula

Prayers are not meaning less to those that do it, its a form of meditation, and can be quite healthy for the sould.
As for proof of God.... if you do a little research (David Wilcocks Divine Cosmos is a good site to start with) you will find, and he will also give you links etc, a plethera of information that give you proof of a Intelligent Design, now its not "God" that we have been promoting here on earth, this God was invented by humans, for humans, to control humans.
He shows us the true hand of our creator, and is yet to be debunked by the skeptics.
And I am so very sorry that you lost your father, but as you said he made choices in his life style to continue with the way things were! And if they were not working to start with, as you said you, it should be changed, but he didnt, that is not because of God, that is because he Chose to not make the relevant changes he needed to help with his life style.
I dont mean to rude, as the loss of a loved one is always hard to cope with, but again if you dont change your habbits then you road will not change.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join