It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea warns of military strike against South Korea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   

North Korea warns of military strike against South Korea

www.news.com.au

NORTH Korea warned of a possible military response after South Korea joined an anti-proliferation exercise, and said it is no longer bound by the 1953 armistice which ended their war.

"Any tiny hostile acts against our republic, including the stopping and searching of our peaceful vessels... will face an immediate and strong military strike in response," the statement said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
This is where the sabre-rattling cliche stops, with direct threats against the safety of its neighbors to the south.

No more inuendo. No more games. They're taking it to another level and hoping the rest of the world follows.

The question is, why? What do they possibly hope to gain by threatening S. Korea immediately after nuclear and multiple missle tests?

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 26/5/09 by Evasius]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   

"Our military will no longer be bound by the armistice accord as the current US leadership... has drawn the puppets (South Korea) into the PSI," said the statement from the North's military representative at the border truce village of Panmunjom.

Yuck.

Maybe Kim really is preparing to go down in flames of glory?
Hes looking very gaunt and frail.

The first thing he's going to do, if he's really on tune here is send a vessel bound with something suspicous and provoke a search.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
The first thing he's going to do, if he's really on tune here is send a vessel bound with something suspicous and provoke a search.

I agree. If he really wants things to get uglier, he'll do whatever it takes. One thing's clear, he's a friggin' psycho.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Incase people would like to read through that Armistice
here is a link for you July 27, 1953

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I hate to say this, but this might be one thing that all the crazy ass countries can agree on (and by crazy I mean the U.S. China Russia U.K. etc). Beat the crap outta this guy, satiate everyones bloodlust and pat each other on the back. This could work out for everyone in the end

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Well, the statement about not being bound by the Armistice with our troops on the border is dire indeed concerning the war going hot again in the near future. However, I don't think they really understand the advance in technology that will be brought against them.

Of course, if he manages a nuclear strike on South Korea or Japan, all bets are off. It definately appears as if he is purposely moving the situation to a confrontation or another war for some reason. The statement that Obama would be challenged in his first 6 months in office is also coming true.

Wow, serious business here. I wonder how quick one of their ships will be stopped and searched?

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Figured I throw this in here www.abovetopsecret.com...

by 3 min

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   
This is just like the Swine Flu or the Gaza war nothing will come of it.

N. Korea is not going to attack anybody. The secret governments are just throwing possible scenarios here and there to scare people because they know their time is running out.

top topics

join