It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea warns of military strike against South Korea

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   

North Korea warns of military strike against South Korea

www.theaustralian.news.com.au

NORTH Korea warned of a possible military response after South Korea joined an anti-proliferation exercise, and said it is no longer bound by the 1953 armistice which ended their war.

A military statement quoted by official media also said the North could no longer guarantee the safety of shipping off its west coast.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
More North Korean chest thumping. Theoretically the North South war has never ended so I'm not sure what declaring war on South Korea actually means.

If they choose to actually militarily respond to naval searches or sanctions enforcement, will it escalate?

I'm hoping not.

"Any tiny hostile acts against our republic, including the stopping and searching of our peaceful vessels... will face an immediate and strong military strike in response," the statement said.

www.theaustralian.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
You posted it first, ergo I will only respond to yours.

N. Korea I know they talk alot, and alot, almost like giddy school girls.

Eventually though the talking will stop and they will continue to speak in actions, sooner or later. Why not sooner, Kim Jong Ill isn't getting any younger now!

If they do, the question is, will the USA defend S. Korea, we can't honestly afford to be in another war, Pakistan, Iraq, Afghanistan. We do already have 25,000 troops stationed in S. Korea and that may help but, the cost would be a big blow to the economy, although i'm sure the Dow Jones would be up anyways.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Good... Now let's call their bluff.

I have had enough of NK and Iran manipulating our reactions. They play the West like a fiddle. Now let's disrupt their equations.

You know Hitler calculated that once he had conquered France Britain would just accept it.

Kim Il Jong no doubt is making similar calculations right now.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I'll say what I said in the other since this one was before

Incase people would like to read through that Armistice
here is a link for you July 27, 1953

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
The US would be powerless to stop them, your military doesn't even posses the genius to defeat a bunch of cave dwelling muslims. You gave into politics and now your military is pathetically stupid, any intelligent person would have no hope of getting into a position of power. China is licking their chops, they have you exactly where they want you. Your only option would be to get into another endless war or start dropping nukes and call life quits. I'll start writing my bucket list now, better keep it short.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I think NK will be the real problem next.

I believe thats where the first nuke will be launched from, never mind Iran or the Middle East.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by DraconianKing

The US has been fighting wars with it's hands tied behind it's back. The only reason the US is struggling is because the conventional army's it's used to fighting were destroyed within a week. I think an acceptable way to re-word your statement would be that they US military is so effective that it has people hiding in caves. The US wouldn't even need to nuke North Korea, I don't even think they would want to because it would be part of just Korea afterward.

I will say that they US does not need another war right now. Also, I have been to Korea and fighting a war there sounds like the worst idea, ever. Cold winters and humid summers.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Deja Vu, All Over Again

Take a look at the Google map.

Zoom it out a little then drag it down til you can see the neighborhood.

There are three superpowers playing here. The US, China, and Russia.

One thing is clear. Korean should not kill Korean. Kim is stupid.

It is time for all men to recognize each other as brothers, and stop making aggressive war on others.

Having said that, if Kim makes an aggressive move, history shows what the South and the UN will do in defense.

He must want to die, like Saddam.

[edit on 27-5-2009 by Chakotay]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Wow, he's really lost it hasn't he?

If he thinks anybody is gonna take this laying down he's wrong. He's basically said that if you do anything, at all, I will declare war and something bad is gonna happen.

To tell you the truth, I kinda believe him. The old man wants to go out with a bang I guess.

What a psycho.

~Keeper

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Poor Lil Kim...

Just who is behind these new cases of aggression? Lil Kim may be the leader right now, but there's 3 or 4 people just itching to be next in line. And they're willing to do anything to cement their claim.

The slug fest between the main contenders wasn't reported much in the western media. Kimmy only has so long left, and the military want's a piece of the new leadership.

Just have a read of some pro-North Korean websites to see just how far gone Nth Korea has become.

Korea News

Gotta go to work now, but will be posting new thread tonight when I get home based around the North Korean power struggle with details on the main players, etc.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
As I said in the other thread, most people seem to forget the fact that he a huge ace up his sleeve.

The quick and complete destruction of Seoul would kill anywhere between 1 million and 10 million people, and it is quite easily within NKs capability to do so.

I'm going to quote myself here from the other thread to save time:

I haven't got a source I can link, but in other NK-related threads, the figure of 10,000 artillery pieces comes up regularly.

EDIT: Ok, I've found figures. Global Security

In total, NK has over 10,400 pieces of artillery. (Self-propelled, towed and rocket).

According to the wikipedia page, the exact number of in service artillery pieces is unknown.

Every piece would be camouflaged and probably moved regularly enough to keep satellites guessing.

I don't think, without simply destroying the entire strip of land on their side of the DMZ for many kilometers, that even half of the guns could be taken out easily.

So, the threat to Seoul is real and not easily solved. 10 million people in the firing line is nothing to be sneezed at.

So, under an extremely conservative estimate of each piece firing 1 shell a minute, that means that after one hour over 600,000 shells could hit Seoul. That would kill probably half the population.

So all those willing to risk war with North Korea that are morally OK with sacrificing millions of civilians to do so, then by my guest.

That is the choice the world is faced with.

Either somehow find a way to locate and destroy those artillery in an impossibly short period of time (once conflict begins), or allow NK a little victory this time and back off for a period and let things cool down.

[edit on 27-5-2009 by fooffstarr]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
As I stated in the other post.

Washington, Beijing and maybe even Moscow are on a 3way hot line right this very moment. It's time. China wont allow the region to go under they need the economic boost and this would derail their economy faster than greased lightning.

LIL Kimmy's days might be numbered.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
The Us has been hamstrung in dealing with NK before because of China refusing to stand against them effectively giving tacit support. I think even they realise now he has gone to far and is dangerous, and while before KJI was distractting the US, NK is now a liability to them too.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Shere Khaan

I'm sorry I posted a link this morning in a related thread now I forget which anyway it was basically describing how Beijing was pretty much fed up with little Kimmy at that although they were allies he was "Unstable" and he was threatening all of the hard work China has accomplished. Sorry cant find the link my bad.

Little Kimmys temper tantrums are a direct threat to the global financial recovery!

[edit on 27-5-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
i was kind of thinking

kim dong shill is supposedly in bad health,,, going down hill,,,,,and somewhat of an ego maniac,,,,, so will he bow out quietly and die????

will his current legacy satisify his need,,,,, or where he wants to be in history or in the minds of his people

i figure,,,, he's gonna go out in a bang,,, not just die and fade away

there's some fireworks coming and at least one last shot at becoming famous,,, or as a martyr for his homeland

he needs to add another piece to his history bio,,,,, just a matter of when, with who,,, and with what weapons

anyone with me on this line of thought????

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

and money makes the world go round

do not think the USA wont nuke the pants off them

You will be very very wrong

peace on this planet comes not from your choice

NK will be a start to an end that will result in a new being

as always

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by symmetricAvenger

I can do without being irradiated and glowing. Less nuclear war is always better.

Anyhow from what I read in another thread somewhere, being able to set off a nuclear device and actually ruggardise it for missile deployment are two very different things.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   
The thing I fear is that if it's start shooting like in 2002... will Obama go full ahead because he's affraid to appear weak?

Hopefully, it's just rhetoric, but IMO this is the closer to war we've been in years. Especially with that nutjob that's about to die.

Hopefully again... the North Koreans generals will do a coup before their leader goes crazy.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Makes Powell and Biden look like modern day prophets. Obama will have to make a hard choice if the North Koreans storm over that line.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join