It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inmate lived a cushy life behind bars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
This makes me sick to my stomach. I have always heard of prisoners getting treated well, but this is ridiculous. I actually don't mind the fact that prisons have exercise areas and places for them to maybe play basketball, reason being is if you keep someone locked up for too long, they can potentially make someone in insane and when they get released, they could get worse when they come out to the public. So I can understand that. I can even see offering education to those that want it, it can help them rehabilitate if they do well because maybe in school, they couldn't get it right.
I know the pessimists of course will say that they will get smarter and commit worse crimes but with more intelligence, but I'll focus on the intention of it. But those are exceptable things that prisoners should get. But come on! The man was in their for something he did that broke the law, and he should not be able to do this! What is the point in even having prisons? There are a lot of crimes I don't think people should be in jail for but if they are going to practically live like they are at home, then they shouldn't be there in the first place! I've said it millions of times and i'll say it again, our system is screwed up. If we do end up in one of those fema camps, maybe it won't be so bad if they build them into little communities, complete with a mini mall, a bar, a freakin starbucks on every corner of the camp.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
You've got to remember, this happened in a small town where the good old boy network is as old as the town. I would not be surprised if Gaffney, SC and Bowie, TX are not the only ones doing things like this. We just don't know it yet.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
This guy was in a very unique situation, I don't get why the jail guards were putting out to him? Seems weird, although some women do get off on the fact someones in prison. That's mainly the trash of soceity.

I was expecting it to be something small like he got extra tv hours. This whole thing is insane. When your in prison, it's not really appropriate to go and pick up new clothes from wal-mart....

I'd say they need to clean house, fire and put big red marks on the jailers who put out to the inmates? That doesn't even make sense, and the jailers for being incompetent.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
This while rare, I hope, is the reason that jail time is not a deterrent. My personal feeling is the prisoners should do something for all of us.

I believe that every bit of municipal waste be dumped in the prison and be sorted for recycling by the inmate. No 'pay" no "perks" I am already footing the bill for 3 hots and a cot. Sort my garbage, b***h!

Jail should be hard, always!

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
In Jessamine County jail, in Kentucky, up until about 2 weeks ago, the prisoners who had the money, could buy their personal choice of drugs from the jailers. Oops. An inmate exposed these guys and gals. More arrests to follow after the first three, which included the arrest of the Captain of the jail. Yep, money and/or influence can make your incarceration a more comfortable experience. Heh. I served time in the Cincinnati Workhouse in the 1970's. It was a facility built in the late 1860's. It was basically a most uncomfortable experience for me. Heh. I deserved it. I earned it. Yeah, there were some inmates that seemed to have it easier than others. Lucky them! No exercise facilities other than a basketball court outside. But, if you were white, you were not allowed to participate. No way. No how. And the guards didn't patrol or control that area. So I used to go to this one little cell that was set aside as a library and check out books. I did learn a lot there. I learned a lot about how to commit crimes. I did not use this knowledge, however, because, duh, it was taught to me by people who were repeat offenders. heh heh. But I read books and expanded my mind much more than I had while I was in school. I suggest everyone go to hell for a little bit and learn.
Strange, though, the one man who helped me expand my mind intellectually the most, by directing me to different books, was a repeat offender. Meanwhile, I learned many lessons and never went back. I was actually sad when the place was demolished a few years later. The place certainly was an advantage for me. And I guarantee you, the county jails in Hamilton County, Ohio, now, do not provide the good guidance that this place gave me.

new topics

top topics

join