It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hitler Versus Stalin: The Eastern Front In Photographs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I just got finished reading a book called "Hitler Versus Stalin: The Eastern Front In Photographs." It is a somewhat small volume, coming in at about 256 pages. But the photographs in it give a fairly accurate image of the fighting and atrocities committed in the Soviet Union by the Germans. And the written decriptions of what went on in each phase of the fighting is generally pretty accurate as well. I would recommend this short volume to anyone who wanted a cursary view of what went on on the Eastern Front in World War II.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Wally Conley

I'm looking for a detailed photo record of the battle of Kursk (Zitadelle), and/or some film footage for a project that I am working on. I've got several written accounts but I would really like a good visual record to work from. Any suggestions? Does 'Hitler versus Stalin' have many photos from the battle?

Cheers.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by KilgoreTrout

Hitler Versus Stalin has just a few pictures from the Battle of kursk in it, unfortunately. You could probably go to Google or Yahoo and type in "Battle of Kursk" and then hit images, and then search. That should help you out with at least a bit more in the way of images for the battle itself. I wish I was a better help than this for you. Sorry I wasn't a better source for you.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Wally Conley

No worries. I only asked on the off-chance when I saw this thread and having read your posts from time to time, I know that you have more than a passing interest in the topic.

Actually hadn't as yet googled it, came up with some film clips for starters, quite promising. Cheers again.

new topics

top topics

join