It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why was there a burst of shootings before, and now none?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Remember a few months ago there were tons of shootings in malls and schools and so on, around the world really, not only in America. Then suddenly...nothing. We haven't had a mass shooting like that in a while now (knock on wood).

Why did they all happen in a clump like that, and then just as quickly stop happening? That's pretty weird from a statistical perspective.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Hi silent thunder,

There are still a few shootings going on now and again here in my city but the national media hasn't picked them up,..

when the national media decides to cover these stories they may be the cause of copycats. Or maybe these networks are up to something else and do not need to cover our puny state problems.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Its mainly just the news all jumping on the wagon after one happends, its like a lil competition on who can get the worse shooting.

Dispite making it worse, the news still spins on it, charlie brooker explaines it how they do it the best.

That newswipe program completly blazes the news constantly, helerious.

[edit on 26-5-2009 by Trolloks]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
There have been quite a few shootings lately just none really televised. Just the other day there was a shooting at a Prom and days before that a teacher was shot at (but lived thank god) and the student shooter pulled the gun on them self.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

I think they are still happening but the media had found bigger fish to fry. When they have nothing else to report on they will turn back to reporting shootings again. Same concept with most of the news. They get off on some kick reporting on one thing for a while then move on. If it does not fit the PTB agenda at that given time then it is not reported on. Or if they need a diversion they may focus on things like shootings, I do not know why or what the agenda is at any given time.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder

Why did they all happen in a clump like that, and then just as quickly stop happening? That's pretty weird from a statistical perspective.

The media picks it's agendas one at a time. A few months ago it was gun violence. Right now I think it's North Korea, but I completely quit watching tv, because I am really sick of it.
They just pick which stories to report. There is no way to cover all the news, because there is such a huge volume of it. So they just pick the stories that fit their agenda of the moment.
So when you have a couple weeks of straight gun violence it sways public opinion to favor more gun control. When that objective is met they move on to the next agenda.

Like if you watch Nancy Grace, it is pure child horror 24/7. I cannot wallow in negativity like that anymore. The MSM relies heavily on NLP to brainwash the masses into thinking the way that the controllers want you to think. This is a pretty deep rabbit hole.

Sometimes it's missing cute teenagers. = Pass legislation to better track people

Sometimes it's gun violence.= more gun control legislation

Sometimes it's the economy= More bailouts

Sometimes it's terrorists= More police state legislation and liberty reduction

Which brings our discussion to the Bilderburg group. en.wikipedia.org...

This is the link between the Media and the Gov't, and the bankers, who in my opinion are the controllers of public opinion.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
... hey ... look over there! look at all of that blood !!

don't look over here...... you might see the gold.....

goin in my pocket.

here's a missle. they might attack!!

gold ..goin in my pocket.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Good responses and food for thought; thanks.

I understand the phenomenon of media focusing on different things at different times. Certainly, the media can choose to focus on or ignore shootings that take out one or two people. But it cannot ignore mass shootings that kill, say, a dozen people. These were happening with alarming frequency, then just as suddenly they stopped. So to my mind the phenomenon cannot be explained totally through the media. Although I guess its possible that media attention creates a "feedback loop" whereby more people are motivated to do the same, etc. Conversely, I suppose it could be argued that lack of media attention discourages such horrific attempts. If so, it would make sense for them to come in waves or statistical bursts.

top topics

join