It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beautiful pictures of nuclear test (1970)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Source

These are some beautiful shots of a French nuclear test, done on July 3rd, 1970. Click the "source" link for a little background info and all 4 images with description.

I made one of these my new background picture

Enjoy

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
They are beautiful in the entirety.

It is disheartening this was used not just in one crowded city but two!

Although the pictures are a beautiful disaster. You can accept it, or bash it, either way it's pretty awe inspiring.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Where is the disaster happening in the picture? I must have missed it.

They are beautiful pictures. *wipes hands* that's that.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
they are some awsome pics, as they say, destruction can be a beautiful thing.

Still find it wierd how france want nukes though, i cant see them pick up a gun let alone let of a nuke

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I could never imagine a nuclear bomb explosion being beautiful, but from an artist's point of view, those pictures are amazing!

Incredible.

Are those original colors? Or edit?

Thanx for sharing.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben Niceknowinya

They are original color, I believe. Taken by the french army in 1970

The poster did tried to remove scratches and such from the pics. Otherwise 100% original.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I agree it is beatifull,stunning pics.Most of the ones i have seen are crappy quality.They are evil weapons, but you cant stop your jaw dropping when you see pics of them going boom.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
A nuclear explosion is a beautiful sight, but its aftermath and uses are evil. Nuclear weapons are mankind's most powerful, and able to destroy the earth 7 times over. They might be beautiful in pictures, but their power must be respected and they must NEVER be used again.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Absolutely stunning!!

In sort of a sterile, clinical(psychotic) way a nuclear weapon is quite elegant.

One target (a city) one bomb. Target neutralized. Next.

To a military strategist it must be the holy grail. Now add in the moral ethical global consequences and 500 pound dumb bombs start to look really good.

Excellent photos thanks for sharing.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Just seeing those kills me inside.

How sad that a person would even want to think about how to make one of those things.

Funny how the most powerful nation on earth, was the only nation to ever use a nuke on a country.

Wanted to try our new weapon.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Beautiful in a very scary sort of way. The awesome power of the bomb but the beauty of the colors the shapes its like like a dark modern art piece.

If you think about it thats what art is. It isnt always supposed to be something thats bright and happy and beautiful and good. Art is about all the things around us the good, the bad, the ugly, the beautiful, the terrifying, and the peaceful.

These show the awesome power that we hold, but they also warn us, in their own way, of what that power can do. Very thought provoking.
First one was the most visualing appealing one. Nice post
!

[edit on 26-5-2009 by caballero]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
It's amazing how precise the color and focus is. The had mostly slow speed film back then, and I don't think autofocus zooms were around until the early 1980s. Good post!

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
What an amazingly beautiful group of pics. . . wallpapered!

BTW, if you want to be slackjawed for a couple of hours, and this stuff interests you, "Trinity and Beyond: The Atomic Bomb Movie" is an absolute MUST see. Its just as stunning and beautiful as the photos.

Unfortunately, of course the after effects are anything but beautiful.

Here is a clip from the movie. .

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
star and flag,

I just made the first one my desktop pic. Awesome photo. Always astonishing the power of the universe and how man can harness it for good and bad.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Infowars.com is using the first picture for one of their headline stories today.

Is the infowars staff reading my threads ^_-? Or is this a coincidence.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Ive seen that, its an awsome movie.
They had some incredible photography.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Nice photos but not close to the real colors of a nuke bomb blast.

Before the above ground treaty i saw two in Nevada and a camera can not record the strange colors in a nuke shot.

The phosphorescent and florescent colors do not show up on film.

One of the ones i saw (night shot)had a fluorescent; amethyst and red colored glow in the fire ball as it went up.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

Where is the disaster happening in the picture? I must have missed it.
They are beautiful pictures. *wipes hands* that's that.

“That’s that” - In your opinion. As they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

What I see - The incarnation of mans ability to create pure evil - a reflection of all that's putrid and vile in the heart of man.

How anyone can look at such a picture and see *beauty* is beyond me - it truly makes me doubt the argument that each and every person has a soul.

Here, take a look at a victim of a nuclear explosion.
You should find this beautiful too!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/688b77ad887f.jpg[/atsimg]

Wipe your hands all you want, they will never be clean...

peace

[edit on 27-5-2009 by silo13]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Awe-inspiring really; a sublimely wicked thing captured in a moment of color strewn beauty.

As caballero mentioned, I do believe that is by definition "art".

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join