It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A better USA! - A National Divorce. Libs and Cons divided into separate nations!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I agree. The current system is a failure. We either need like 10 political parties or just split the place right down the middle. Right now we are like a person with split personalities that hate each other. We are kicking the crap out of ourselves.

[edit on 5/26/2009 by justsomeboreddude]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaytagg
5. Total free enterprise We had that all throughout the bush years (not due to change in legislation so much as change in SEC enforcement) and it almost crashed the world economy, cost us 300 billion in bailouts, and helped Barak (dem) Obama get elected.

The part I find interesting is how few people know how much Obama contributed to starting the economic crash.

UPDATED: Obama Sued Citibank Under CRA to Force it to Make Bad Loans

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Hahahahaha! Sorry, JSB Dude, but you crack be up. You are proving you choice of moniker.

You post these things to inflame and incite. And then rthe posts flock, and you gain points.

But I don't believe you for a moment.

Thanks for the laughs, though. Seriously, I get a chuckle out of your creativity in threads.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

Yeah Obama is part of the begining of this mess and now he is taking it to whole new levels. He wont be happy until a loaf of bread costs us $10k

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by justsomeboreddude

You are aware the the huge majority of Americans are moderate???

Its political brainwashing that make people believe that Americans have to be lib or con.

So where do we put the moderates?? Canada??

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by justsomeboreddude
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

Yeah Obama is part of the begining of this mess and now he is taking it to whole new levels. He wont be happy until a loaf of bread costs us $10k

Actually, I think Obama wants that loaf of bread to be totally free, cost-wise. But you will have to do 4 hours of 'community service', ie. turn in at least 8 'potential terrorists', to get the loaf.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by justsomeboreddude

We all know that our nation is struggling. It is because we are divided against ourselves, and we all know that anything divided against itself cannot stand.

I don't think so. I think we need both Conservatives and Liberals fighting against each other. The US needs liberals because it needs change and social revolution. Unchanging systems are weak and susceptible to the destructive rot of atrophy. However, the US also needs Conservatives - because systems that change too quickly can spiral out of control and cannot organize in any purposeful or meaningful objective.

The opposition between Con and Lib is a necessary conflict to keep social policy flexible enough to effect meaningful change that can overcome weaknesses and obstacles, yet rigid enough to preserve a social structure without falling into chaos.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join