It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Employer Faces Life Imprisonment For Paying Workers In Gold, Silver

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by redhatty
So the guy pays the independent contractors in US Treasury (Mint) issue gold & silver coinage with a clear denomination on them.

Until the ind. Contractor sells that coin, it is still only "legally" worth the value printed into it.

Though I could see a "fraud" situation IF the guy paid more than face value for the coinage that he paid his employees with, then there is a trail of the value of the coinage, and it would be higher than what the face value is.

But it appears from the article that he asked the IRS how to value the coinage & never got a reply??

There has to be more to this than just the payroll issue, there is the homes under the GF's name & whether he paid his personal & business taxes apparently.

Be interesting to see how this one goes, esp under this Admin

i'm thinking either time travelers or aliens; or perhaps a combination of both?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Absolutely ridiculous.

Wow.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
The defense will offer it's closing arguments tomorrow (8/11/09) in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Our hearts and minds are with you Bobby. Hang in there buddy and know that your truth and determination shall prevail over deception and tyranny. You are as true a patriot as any. There are many who may never understand what you have endured these long years (and why), but those who know you most definitely understand that your battle has not been waged only on your own behalf, but on the behalf of an entire country and it's citizens. For that, I offer you my deepest gratitude.

Be well.

SYS

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
a morning spent assisting a friend has sparked a revalation - relevant to this thread :

does the juristiction where this case occured have a minimum wage legislation ?

if it does ...............................

how much was he paying them again ?

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

As independent contractors, generally speaking, they would not be subject to minimum wage laws. They are given a set salary for a job in that contract, no overtime, no minium wage, etc. I know people that get paid this way and their employeer doesn't pay them overtime, because they are only working on a contract basis.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join