It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

West Nile Virus Spray

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Since Mosquito seoson is coming up I'd thought I'd make this an issue. Living in Maryland I know that the blood suckers are nasty. But west nile virus spray trucks and helicopters I think is probaly a more effective way of Chem Trailing.

Since they started spraying the crab and oyster population has been dwindling. The agricultural department says its from over fishing but lobster populations north of here have also been dramaticly falling. www.seagrant.sunysb.edu...

Furthermore, Ground and Aerial sprayng are the least effective mosquito prevention techniques says the center for diseise control an prevention. Also westNile Virus is far from a deadly disiese. For example 7 people in New York contracted the diseise and finnaly died. By comparison, 2,000 New york residents died from influenza in 2000.

A report in the New York Daily News (9/9/00) tells of a woman who was sprayed directly on the street in Manhattan with Anvil (sumithrin) and ended up in the emergency room after experiencing blurry vision, nausea, itching, coughing, choking and a swollen tongue. "I threw up three days in a row, I really thought I was going to die," said the unidentified woman. In the story, a New York City Health Department spokesperson says this incident was one of 200 complaints from people who called the city's pesticide hotline stating the spraying had made them sick.7

As you can see the chemicals cause worse side effects then the virus itself. The spray has pyrethoids(sp?) in it . A chemical proven to disrupt hormones lowering sperm counts and causing breast cancer.

But the most significant evidence I found of mind control is the neurological damage.

study conducted by the Physiological Institute at Ludwig Maximilians University in Munich, Germany, found that although "a majority of complaints following an acute pyrethroid intoxication disappeared after the end of exposure," several effects were still seen in patients after more than two years. Among these long-term symptoms were " 1) cerebro-organic disorders (reduced intellectual performance with 20%-30% reduction of endurance during mental work, personality disorder), visual disturbances, dysacousia, tinnitus; 2) sensomotor-polyneuropathy, most frequently in the lower legs; 3) vegetative nervous disorders," including increased heat-sensitivity and reduced exercise tolerance due to circulatory disorder. The study concludes, "Many of these patients exhibit pathological autoimmune diagnostical findings and developed autoimmune diseases."59

So I conclude this is a very dangerous thing and the EPA should not be spraying this.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I am not too impreesed over west nile virus. It is less impressive then the cold. It kills only old people and 2 year olds. I have little concern for wasting more money. Besides I have a mosquito magnet

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Whoops
this should hAve gone in the secon quote.

A study conducted by the Department of Environmental Toxicology at Uppsala University in Sweden studying mice found that "low-dose exposure" to pyrethroids "resulted in irreversible changes in adult brain function in the mouse" when exposed during the growth period. This occurred at levels of exposure less than what was found to affect adult mice. The study also found "neonatal exposure to a low dose of a neurotoxic agent can lead to an increased susceptibility in adults to an agent having a similar neurotoxic action, resulting in additional behavioral disturbances and learning disabilities."27

Northwestern University Medical School conducted a series of investigations at Northwestern's Department of Molecular Pharmacology and Biological Chemistry in Chicago, and has found neurological damage from pyrethroids. One study, conducted by international expert Toshio Narahashi, finds nervous-system damage from pyrethroids to be comparable to DDT. This study found that "Detailed voltage clamp and patch clamp analyses have revealed that pyrethroids and DDT modify the sodium channel to remain open for an extended period of time." The results of this damage are "potent effects on the nervous system."74

A separate study found that pyrethroids cause "membrane depolarization, repetitive discharges and synaptic disturbances leading to hyperexcitatory symptoms of poisoning in animals." This study found that only 1% "of sodium channel population is required to be modified by pyrethroids to produce severe hyperexcitatory symptoms."75

OKL\

www.meepi.org...

[Edited on 29-4-2004 by Vegemite]

join