It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. appeals to China to help stabilize Pakistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   

U.S. appeals to China to help stabilize Pakistan

www.latimes.com

The Obama administration has appealed to China to provide training and even military equipment to help Pakistan counter a growing militant threat, U.S. officials said.

The proposal is part of a broad push by Washington to enlist key allies of Pakistan in the effort to stabilize the country. The U.S. is seeking to persuade Islamabad to step up its efforts against militants, while supporting the fragile civilian government and the nation's tottering economy.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
You know times are tough when the US is actually INVITING China's military presence into the region.

I have been working under the assumption that part of the reason for the Gulf Wars and the presence of American troops in Afghanistan and Iraq is a long-term drive to keep other major powers, such as China and Russia, away from the region's vital resources, and to secure the continued Anglo-American influence over oil-rich states in the 21st century. If so, this piece of news signals massive failure of this long-term geostrategic move and coming destabilization of great-power relationships.

Meanwhile, Pakistan is undergoing the world's greatest refugee crisis since Rwanda and is in a state of effective anarchy. Ugly ugly stuff.

www.latimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 5/26/09 by silent thunder]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Thats because a lot of folks falsely thought that the US were in the wars they are in to keep Russia and China out. Totally false. Hope folks will start to see that now.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

I've been waiting for something along these lines to happen.
It's all part of the New Great Game

Great find

S & F

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
For a few months now, I have been postulating that these "rogue" nations (Iran, North Korea, Venezuela, etc...) are merely the next / last obstacles towards whatever common goals the rest of the world "leaders" think they have in store for the planet.

What if the primary crime of these leaders is their "audacity" to attempt to continue in a paradigm of national sovereignty given the current global situation(s)?

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I am assuming Obama just wants to share the blame of another failure with another country, and who better but Commie China?

Obama already told us that you guys are out of money, if he was intelligent he'd remove all troops from his place and bunker down for the next couple of years.

Humanitarian projects only I say. But ofcourse that's a flawed solution for many different reasons. I can see him wanting the international community to help in this situation, since I mean on paper he is helping the "whole" world with this terrorism problem.

I think it's just a matter of finance, George did the same thing exept he did it with fear as opposed to diplomacy. The famous "If your not with us, you're against us" speech proves that.

~Keeper

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
I think it's just a matter of finance, George did the same thing exept he did it with fear as opposed to diplomacy. The famous "If your not with us, you're against us" speech proves that.

~Keeper

Ahh, yes fear. Be afraid, be very afraid. I think that we need to drop that paradigm of fear that grips many of us "myself included" for something completely different. Monty Python inspired, of course!

new topics

top topics

join