It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nearly blacked out, something to do with my blood pressure?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Well, I had recently gone to the doctor, and apparently my blood pressure was very high. 155 over 93 I believe. About 15 minutes ago, I jumped up to reset my computer and my vision got very dark and I nearly blacked out.

I went to check my blood pressure and it was 90 over 53 in my right arm. Does that have anything to do with me nearly blacking out?

Some other info would be that my bp has been around 130/80 for about the past 2 weeks and I'm a 17 year old male that smokes.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
could it be that your blood simply rushed from your head when you "jumped up"??

...if you're laying down for a while and quickly stand up, it'll do that...

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Thanks for the response Adre, and that's what I was thinking at first. But I've had that happen before, it's just this time seemed worse. As in, I was literally on the brink of blacking out.

Of course it could just be that I'm worrying too much over my blood pressure, and the talk of massive heart attacks. Perhaps I'm very stressed out over this and it's causing me to overreact to things?

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Basilis

Im no doctor, but u should go to the doc. low blood pressure can result in you blacking out as the blood isnt getting to extremities properly.

With bblood rpessure probs U can have a stroke or get renal failure, so i suggest u go straight back to ur doc, ask to have a daily heart monitor on for testing so that get a second by second reading and from there can see how to treat you.

Smoking no good, salt no good, go for a walk (gentle excercise with blood pressure) and caffeine gone.

But defn have the all day monitor test done
good; luck.

Remember that vertigo from heat or ear pressure can make you black out. But u have abnormal pressure readings so u might be able to discount the other two.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Basilis
Well, I had recently gone to the doctor, and apparently my blood pressure was very high. 155 over 93 I believe. About 15 minutes ago, I jumped up to reset my computer and my vision got very dark and I nearly blacked out.

I went to check my blood pressure and it was 90 over 53 in my right arm. Does that have anything to do with me nearly blacking out?

Some other info would be that my bp has been around 130/80 for about the past 2 weeks and I'm a 17 year old male that smokes.

You might be having episodes of LOW blood pressure. My mom used to have that problem. The hard part is having it happen where it can be documented by the doctor who checks your blood. Best recourse is explain to your doctor and have him do a test to see if your vitamin levels are low. There are several vitamin deficiencies which could cause this.

Good luck and get your butt to the doctor.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Low BP, high blood sugar levels, or just an almighty head rush. Lots of reasons to make you faint, not all are serious. but if there's any worry at all, then please go to see your doctor. It's what they're there for, and none of us are qualified to give you medical advice. 17 does sound very young to have high blood pressure. Are you under alot of exam stress or anything like that? maybe a little hypnosis session could get you to destress a little.

Also, smoking is terrible. I started when I was 11 (31 now,still smoke) and i curse the day i started. Smoking can definatly be a trigger in blood pressure issues. So it might be worth you while thinking about quitting it. Think of the money you could save!!! (one day, I'll take my own advice

To end on a high note.....I once passed out from a big head rish. Had been up all night at a party, and gone back to chill at a mates for a bit. I went to get up and make some teea/coffee, and yawned/stretched at the same time. next thing I know, my hearing went all funny, vision turned yellow and blue and I was face down in my mates lap.

edit, because I';m not 331

[edit on 28/5/2009 by Acidtastic]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I was having episodes where I would get shaky, feel like I had no strength, break out in cold sweats and then pass out. I went to the doctor to find out I had blood sugar problems. I cut out the soda, and cut way down on the sugar and made sure I got my three squares a day and rarely have any episodes any more. It would get very bad if I binge drank even if I had my meals. Alcohol can do all kind of crazy stuff to your blood sugar / blood pressure!

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Alright, well the light-headed nearly passing out thing as stopped. But lately I've been getting a very sharp pain in the center of my chest that lasts for about 4 seconds then goes away. It comes and goes and random times, anyone have any idea as of what might cause that?

-Will

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I'm 18 and I have super low blood pressure, I get orthostatic hypotension. So I stand up and pass out sometimes.

It's great.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
You have anxiety attacks- not only that, but you should not be jumping to do anything while on HBP meds.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

I'm not on meds for my high blood pressure.

top topics

join