It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A rancid summer of curdled dreams is on the way

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I forsee the hellishness of heat baking off the sizzling blacktop in the coming months...the groaning and the sweating, the flies and chiggers and mosquitos whining and droning in wax-caked eardrums. Pounding the pavement morosely, crumpled resumes gripped in ten million sweaty palms, but not a job to be found. The shrieking of children as their brains boil, forgotten in locked hotbox cars as their desperate parents cue up for the chance to grub some plastic crap from a Wal-Mart sale. Tossing and turning in the endless long hot nights, nightmares unfolding like venus flytraps in harried brainpans. The American dream melts like a putrid dollop of dropped icecream on tin-cookie-sheet-scalding concrete. The heat making for more craziness, more looniness in the cities. Cracked, yellowed, bloodshot corneas rolling in wrinkle-wrethed eyesockets; the sharp metallic tang of madness as tapped-out mall-shooters at the ends of their ropes push clips into guns. Meanwhile, the dwindling few with the werewithall to do so will withdraw to to cower amidst the flat, stale atmospheres of their chemical-saturated plastic McManses, aircondioners chundering down waves of coolant-poisoned air upon their peeling balded heads. The rank funk of body odor will rise from the tent cities as the literally unwashed-masses dunk their heads in greasy pools of runoff water; anything to cool down from the heat that is driving them out of their befudddled minds. Clouds of buzzing, obscenely-metallic bluebottle flies will swarm over the stinking piles of waste and garbage that will acrue, public coffers unable to cough up the megre cash needed for proper sanitation.

Happy summmer, BTS.

[edit on 5/26/09 by silent thunder]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

That would sum of most of what everyone experiences in the summer lol. Where I am, I'm already experiencing most of that, it has got to be almost one hundred degrees in here, but my girlfriend is cold lol. It could be 120 degrees out with 100% humidity, people are cooking breakfast on the driveway, people dropping dead of heat stroke, I'm sweating off everything i've eaten in the past 3 years and can see the steam coming off me, not my girlfriend, she would complain how cold she is. I don't even want to know how she'll be when she's old lol. Also, you forgot to mention the people who shouldn't be wearing clothes that are too big for them, i.e overweight women trying to dress like they are petite, fat/hairy middle aged guys walking around in speedos, idiot teenaged drivers. But there is always the plus, pretty women at the beach and walking around, and for women, hot guys with six packs, no winter coats, no digging your car out of the snow, outdoor activites, etc.

Happy Summer to you too and to all.

new topics

join