It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama calls for Suu Kyi release

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Obama calls for Suu Kyi release

news.bbc.co.uk

US President Barack Obama has called for the "immediate and unconditional" release of Burmese opposition leader Aung San Suu Kyi.

In a written statement, Mr Obama said he strongly condemned Ms Suu Kyi's house arrest, which has lasted for most of the last 19 years.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Does anyone know what is going on between america and burma?? Firstly, last week she was visited by a mysterious amaerican that was un-invited, then america are demanding her release?? Something is going on here but i cant think of what it could be, anyone shine light for me??

(dont realy have anything else to say on it, but theres a minimum word count that i need to fil, dum de doodoodoo, should be enogh now)

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Trolloks

I have been intrigued by the Burma situation to obviously include the American that was "caught" leaving the elected president's house.

Due to its particularly severe violations of religious freedom, the United States has designated Burma a Country of Particular Concern (CPC) under the International Religious Freedom Act. Burma is also designated a Tier 3 Country in the Trafficking in Persons Report for its use of forced labor, and is subject to additional sanctions as a result. The United States downgraded its level of representation in Burma from Ambassador to Chargé d'Affaires after the government's crackdown on the democratic opposition in 1988 and its failure to honor the results of the 1990 parliamentary election.

www.state.gov...

join