It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea launches additional missile into East Sea: official

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   

N. Korea launches additional missile into East Sea: official

english.yonhapnews.co.kr

SEOUL, May 27 (Yonhap) -- North Korea launched an additional short-range missile from its east coast Tuesday night, an official at the South Korean presidential office said Wednesday.

"The North appears to have launched a ground-to-ship missile into the East Sea shortly after 9 p.m. Tuesday," the official said, asking not to be identified. Pyongyang had launched two short-range missiles from its east coast earlier Tuesday, following its supposed nuclear test the day before.
(visit the link for the full news article)

ADMIN EDIT: Corrected title to mirror the original source

[edit on 26-5-2009 by Piranha]

[edit on 26-5-2009 by Crakeur]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Testing for Self defense? Yeah sure... This report just a day after N.Korea fired 2 more missles.

Officials here believe the missile launches are partly aimed at preventing South Korean and U.S. reconnaissance planes from nearing the communist state to verify its claimed nuclear test.

english.yonhapnews.co.kr
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I vote to change thread name to "North Korea Rattles Another Saber"

Also, why does everybody like to downplay the nukes? "Supposedly nuclear test?" Eh, it either is a fission reaction or it isn't (unless it's fusion).

Can you imagine if this were happening in Iran? The US/Israel would be going completely nuts.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Not really smart in the ways of these government, could someone explain to me... is there going to be a war over this if it keeps going, and who would be involved?

Cherry

(sorry if that's a silly question)

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Don't think for one minute that this is the North Korean government doing this. It's the Chinese in the back ground and N.Korea is their puppet. They are playing games to see how far they can push the rest in the Pacific rim nations and the UN!

Zindo

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
N Korea on Monday just tested Irans first bomb. TPTB or the MSM just doesnt want to admit it yet.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
As this one was an anti shipping missile I would think that North Korea is anticipating heavy sanctions from the global community regarding shipping... NK is pretty self reliant so they are either maybe wanting to get stuff out (missiles and nukes to Syria) Or maybe that will want to protect re-supply lanes for hardware from another 'friendly' country.

My tuppence.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
N Korea on Monday just tested Irans first bomb. TPTB or the MSM just doesnt want to admit it yet.

Is that just an opinion? Or do you have something to base that on??

Cos NK has had nukes for a while where as Iran may just be around the point where they may just be able to make one (small one) without much outside help... And are NK and Iran really that close??

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I would look all of this from eastern side of the game: Just let them make their tests... Superpowers do that almost weekly - Like Russian experts said: "North Korea is not a threat"

North Korea poses no real threat to the world
en.rian.ru...

Sovereign country has legal rights to all kinds of stuff... And in the end - its not USA or EU which is calling the shots - Its all about China and SCO.

If SCO wont stop these aggressions - no one can. Only wise thing to do in front of provocations is not to come provocated... Thats what "they" are after in here.

I think whole North Korean activities is just to give reason to compare them to possible future Iran... To lift up the fear in whole another region and Issue. When they wants us to look other way - we should keep our focus in main game.

Iran, Israel ready to go to war
en.rian.ru...

I believe North Korean actions are just "false flags" to make momentum for war in more important region - Middle East and Central Asia. This is all out psy-operation by Illuminati.

Georgy Mirsky, a senior research fellow at the Institute of World Economy and International Relations with the Russian Academy of Sciences, told RIA Novosti that Israel wants "Iranian nuclear facilities deactivated while it isn't too late and Iran has become a second North Korea."

N. Korea nuke test confirms Iran still threat to Israel - expert
en.rian.ru...

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Just a snippet of info that may develop

@BreakingNews: Reuters: North Korea has restarted its plant that extracts bomb-grade plutonium, a South Korean newspaper said

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
This is a distraction.
What arent we seeing somewhere else that we should be?

Kims letting off fire crackers, good for him.
He knows the instant one of these toys actually hits someone or something, he will be wiped out, which is why he's making sure they are small missiles aimed at nothing.

You let of a nuclear bomb to show the world you can.
You let off a missile to test its capabilities

You dont perform multiple missile launches and a nuke test over a series of days for no reason.

He's been asked to catch the worlds eye, and its working!

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
He's been asked to catch the worlds eye, and its working!

I think this is his way of working up to the Global talks... He feel's that an expression of power will elevate him from one position in the worlds eyes to a higher more serious one.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/47f72cacf1c7.jpg[/atsimg]

Of course this is how the world sees him

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

Well, its pretty much true as far as that image of him. I love that movie! When he sings, 'I'm so lonely' I can't help but crack up!!

Zindo

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Ahem.

Breaking:

Japan Should Consider Pre-emptive Strikes, LDP Lawmaker Says

May 26 (Bloomberg) -- Japan should consider developing the capability to conduct pre-emptive military strikes given North Korea’s nuclear test yesterday, a ruling party lawmaker said.

“North Korea poses a serious and realistic threat to Japan,” former defense chief Gen Nakatani said today in Tokyo at a meeting of Liberal Democratic Party officials. “We must look at active missile defense such as attacking an enemy’s territory and bases.”

(Rest of the article: bloomberg.com)

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by chips

Hmmm.... Yes I would say that if any nation in that corner of the world should have a nuke deterrent then it should be Japan, after all they understand what it means to have one dropped on you.

I think there was some talk a year or more ago about Japan really reassessing their historic opposition to such a level of defence... If they are going to take that step maybe now is the time. Maybe they would invite the USA to station some nuke missiles there (if they don't already) I don't doubt that there are a few subs packing heat already roaming around the area, maybe that's enough, the general public would never really know they are there until they launch.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

Thanks for the reply, NT. (:

N. Korea bolsters combat drills - 12 mins ago

North Korea has recently stepped up its combined military exercises in regions close to South Korea and increased surveillance over their border, Yonhap News reported citing its source Wednesday.

Its leader Kim Jong-il inspected a special forces drill at an eastern coastal city in mid-April while naval and air forces have bolstered their joint training based on a war scenario off the west coast, the source said, demanding anonymity.

"North Korea is intensifying its military training despite its economic difficulties," the South Korean military source said, adding Kim visited the city of Wonsan on April 15 to observe an Army drill.

Kim, 67, who reportedly suffered a stroke last year, visited the city about 90 kilometers north of the inter-Korean border to inspect "industrial facilities," North Korean state media had said on April 27.

"Overnight special forces marches on mountains were stepped up in the area," the source said, adding North Korean naval and air forces have also increased "practical training" in the west.

"The Navy appears to be stepping up exercises off the island of Chodo with a hypothetical target in mind," he said. Chodo is the largest North Korean island along the country's southwestern coast.

"The Navy and the Air Force are training jointly based on a war plan," he said, noting the country routinely checks its war plans through joint exercises between the Army, the Air Force and the Navy.

"It appears that North Korea's combat readiness is at its peak," the source added.

(Source: koreaherald.co.kr)

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by chips
Ahem.

Breaking:

Japan Should Consider Pre-emptive Strikes, LDP Lawmaker Says

May 26 (Bloomberg) -- Japan should consider developing the capability to conduct pre-emptive military strikes given North Korea’s nuclear test yesterday, a ruling party lawmaker said.

“North Korea poses a serious and realistic threat to Japan,” former defense chief Gen Nakatani said today in Tokyo at a meeting of Liberal Democratic Party officials. “We must look at active missile defense such as attacking an enemy’s territory and bases.”

(Rest of the article: bloomberg.com)

This is exactly what I was expecting.

If the US will not safeguard Japan what is the point of Japan abiding by the terms of surrender from World War 2? What is the point of the constitutional clause for self defense, if the US won't provide common defense?

If the US will not act in the common defense of Japan, Japan has no other option than to do what is in their nation's best interests.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by chips

Well well, I could possibly see Japan acting on this but the issue with that is money. Japans economy is the worst it has ever been. Then again what a better way to amp up your economy then war as long as you don't ignite a never ending Jihad...

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   
America is all excited. the War mongers of the world get to kill more people..

Americas good at killing people including themselfs...

What does it take for America to just stop..?

Have alook a you guys..

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by smashenator
America is all excited. the War mongers of the world get to kill more people..

Americas good at killing people including themselfs...

What does it take for America to just stop..?

Have alook a you guys..

What is that suppose to mean?

[edit on 27-5-2009 by Piranha]

[edit on 27-5-2009 by Piranha]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join