It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: Rhetoric v. Reality

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Obama: Rhetoric v. Reality

rightwingnews.com

Another emerging hallmark of Obama rhetoric are the startling inconsistencies to be found there. For instance, his speech at the National Archives where he invoked the founding documents as the keepers of our fundamental rights and values and condemned the previous administration for its egregious violations of those right and values. All of it sounded lofty and certainly rhetorically satisfying. But then, within a few paragraphs, Obama trots out his policy plan for indefinite detention for those who we even suspect of wishing to do violence against the US.

And it was the past administratio
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Does the black and white president live in a black and white reality?

Or is this some return-rhetoric from the far right?

The terrorists and other dangerous people can't just be let out into the wild to infest the world once again.

The United States doesn't litter their garbage on the rest of the world. We put it where it belongs - in a garbage can.

rightwingnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I am shocked! Shocked! That you found an article like this on a website called rightwingnews.com. You'd think on a website called "Right Wing News" it'd be all parties and ice cream socials for Obama.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Curious skeptic is right on the money.
man that website just screams bias.
what I love most is how they try to call out Obama with this but when there was torture in the Bush presidency it was all hush hush.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
First how do you consider this Op ed piece Breaking Alternative news?

Second, Those alleged teorrorists are human beings not warlocks. We could house them in a supermax jail and give them trials. They wont spontaniously explode once they step on US soil.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by titorite
First how do you consider this Op ed piece Breaking Alternative news?

Second, Those alleged teorrorists are human beings not warlocks. We could house them in a supermax jail and give them trials. They wont spontaniously explode once they step on US soil.

All the other ones seem to explode when they get around Americans or Christians. They certainly don't explode that much when they are around their own kind.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Illuminatus I

Own kind? If that is the sort of attitude you have towards many human beings who have been incarcerated on the flimsiest pieces evidence without trial and tortured i say it is you who needs to be put in the trash.Really some of the posts on here are unbelievable

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

That is just great. Take the side of the terrorists. They didnt do anything wrong. Lets play Jeff Foxworthys you might be a terrorist if:

If you are in the middle of nowhere at a terrorist training camp....
You just might be a terrorist.

If you dont have no visibile means of support but you can afford flying lessons and you are Muslim...

If you have a bomb in your shoe on a plane and you are caught trying to light it with a cigarettte lighter...

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons

Own kind? If that is the sort of attitude you have towards many human beings who have been incarcerated on the flimsiest pieces evidence without trial and tortured i say it is you who needs to be put in the trash.Really some of the posts on here are unbelievable

First things first, you need to lay off the personal insults and get your head straight!

You need to get out into the world after that. There are clear divisions of racial, cultural, and religious segregation that exist - and it is not forced.

I've been around the world, and I've seen them. From Florida, California, Okinawa, Philippines, Hong Kong, UK, Sri Lanka, Thailand, etc... people and their own kind stick together and that's all there is to it.

The whole middle east is in constant tension because all these people stick with their own kind and blow up those who aren't their own kind.

If you and your kind, and their kind, would get their head out of where the sun don't shine maybe they'd all see they were a bunch of fools.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by justsomeboreddude

I have no doubt some of the prisoners are terrorists,but they have had no trial.Im not taking sides, im talking about fair and equal justice for human beings.This isn't a sport where you pick a team.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by CuriousSkeptic

reply to post by sixtysix

The most ineffective attempt at "debate" begins with an attack on the 'messenger.'

Who cares about the source, if the facts are correct?

Obama is now asking foreign agents to accept future detainess for "interrogation" according to their rules.. If you saw the UAE Sheik's ideas about this, you'd know what this means (hint: it involves fire, electricity and the wheels of an SUV.)

And he calls civil service and education retirees 'thieves' and speculators' as he tries to bully their pension funds to accept $0.29 for each "Guaranteed" dollar invested in GM and Chrysler.

What ever happened to "rule of law" or "sanctity of contract?"

They, and civil liberties are just as gone under a leftist administration as many claimed they were under a right-wing one.

The truth is the truth, regardless of how it gets to you.

deny ignorance

jw

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

Yes, and the fact is that BHO is continuing the past policies that everyone screamed against, but with hardly a whimper of dissent or complaint.

Isn't that the point of this thread?

jw

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I still want to know what the fear is about housing them in US prisions and giving them trials.... Contray to the OP thinks these guys are not made out of highly explosive chemicals. They are made of flesh and blood same as all of us.
They have been under lock and key for 8 years now. In that time I doubt any of their visitors have given them terrorist care packages.

Whats the big deal about BHOs decision to close GITMO? What are people afraid of?

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Contray to the OP thinks these guys are not made out of highly explosive chemicals.

Yeah, but they carry around highly explosive chemicals strapped to their chests, in vehicles, or otherwise... and detonate them around large groups of people and important areas.

Let's not split hairs here.

You think people who murder others are people?

That type of attitude makes me sick.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by CuriousSkeptic

Thats hilarious! considering that the person that first reported this is a noted left winger Rachel Maddow, working for one of the more liberal news media outlets in the country.

So i think the partisan and rather rude rhetoric has no place. It seems to be me that the left is also starting to see the hypocrisy in the current administration.

link to vid
www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illuminatus I

Yeah, but they carry around highly explosive chemicals strapped to their chests, in vehicles, or otherwise... and detonate them around large groups of people and important areas.

Ok just tell me my god man.. these guys in Gitmo that your article references.. these detainees. Can you tell me how after 8 years of incarceration with out due process and under duress of torture, just HOW These guys have anything? let alone Highly explosive chemicals...

Dude they have been in prison for 8 years... Theirs not a roll of tolite paper or a tooth brush that their guards don't know about. We are not talking about magical wizards here that can conjure bombs on comand... We are talking normal people from planet earth.... and moveing said inmates from one facility to another facility.

Whats the problem here?

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illuminatus I

Ok just tell me my god man.. these guys in Gitmo that your article references.. these detainees. Can you tell me how after 8 years of incarceration with out due process and under duress of torture, just HOW These guys have anything? let alone Highly explosive chemicals...

What they've done is support and engage in terrorist support activities against the United States of America. What you're suggesting is that a high ranking member of a terrorist organization, a support of a terrorist organization, or an intelligence member of a terrorist organization or any of its fronts, because he's been imprisoned for 8 years by the enemy is just going to... get out and not seek revenge? He's going to turn over a new leaf and forgive his enemies like all the other extremists do?

You are forgetting that these people who are considered for detention have a tendency to blow themselves up!

They are still letting people go, but if anyone has questionable ties to a terrorist organization, they will not risk letting them out. These "people" are volatile bombs waiting to go off... and do not deserve the opportunity to kill in the name of fairness.

The world is not candycoated. Wake up and witness the disgusting human nature, and policies such as indefinite detention that have to be put in place to nullify the gross nature of fundamentalists.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   

I don't think you get it. We're talking about moving them from one prison to another prison.

You should stop with the fear mongering. I think its affecting your mentality in a negative manner...

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   

The world is not candycoated. Wake up and witness the disgusting human nature, and policies such as indefinite detention that have to be put in place to nullify the gross nature of fundamentalists.

Good so you agree it would be better to turn yourself in?

In America my friend people are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. It's just that simple.

As far as I am concerned not one detainee is guilty of anything except a miscairage of justice until they have been given a fair and open chance to deny charges and prove their innocence with the aide of a competent and fully empowered defence attorney who has full access to all discovered evidence and given an adequate budget to discover and present all evidence that establishes his clients innocence.

It is absolutely proposterous to claim some moral authority when the very standards you wish to be able to ensure your own freedom and dignity in case of false accusation or an incompetent one, you are so reticent and anxious to deny to people who ultimately you want to impress upon lesser standards are detrimental to society.

I see absolutely no distinction between a suicide bomber laying down their own life in a cause they believe in than any other soldier or militant laying down their life for a cause they believe in.

How on earth could the majority of these detainees even be terrorists when most of them are people actively engaged in fighting foreign invaders on their own soil.

I have to tell you if anyone from Russia, or China, or Israel, or England, or Brazil came here to Miami, overthrew my local government, started indiscriminantly bombing my neighbors, friends, family and loved one, I would fight them to the death too.

Did mommy and Daddy just not hug you enough or what?

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
So when you say "all these people" and "strapped bombs to their chests" etc. I assume you are in favor of taking guns away from and interrogating and imprisoning caucasian americans since they were implicated in terrorist attacks against the U.S.? Or did we forget about that or decide that that was all made up?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join