It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insurance companies won't cover Aussies for swine flu

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Forget the Illuminati for the moment these Swine insurance company's are the Dictators and Money Reapers of our time!!
Their policy's shape the way you work and live.Entertainment insurance cost a lot of money this can stop a lot of functions,No insurance no event if your license expires your insurance cover is canceled, if your a home owner you have to insure,when you make a claim it's only than that they look at the approved application and scrutinize for errors mistakes Wrong Dates as to cancel if they can.

By George Lekakis May 27, 2009 12:00am Source:
Travel insurers such as CGU and AAMI have exclusion clauses in their insurance contracts that will leave Australians abroad to fend for themselves if they catch the H1N1 virus, which is now sweeping the globe. The tightening of insurance coverage by these insurers comes as the incidence of swine flu continues to rise in popular tourist destinations such as the United States, Canada and Europe,..............

Most travel insurers have general exclusion clauses for "likely or actual pandemics", which appear to limit their liability in relation to pig flu.

Look at this Parasite company evolving in front of Australia's eye!!
Changing their policy Now for all New policy's.( better late than never)

CGU has also moved to rein in its liability, but may cover medical expenses on policies issued before the World Health Organisation raised its alert on the virus on April 27.

.........the World Health Organisation's decision to place swine influenza at category five constituted a 'likely" scenario that fits into our policy exclusion."

Another source same writer

Zelong.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Well, I think it is kind of strange that they don't want to assist with vaccination. I mean its not just the fact that the people traveling overseas could pick up the virus, they could also bring it home with them.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
While very unethical I am not totally suprised. Insurance companies are in business to make money and if they can cut corners to increase the bottom line thats just what they will do. Thats unrestrained capitalism for ya!

Nothing illegal though if they make the appropriate exclusions within the contract. People seldom read the fine print when signing anything and thus get screwed.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Thats because insurance covers you for unexpected situations.

Insurance is like gambling. They manage the level of risk with the level of cover. Once a risk is known, they will determine if its within their interests to cover it or not.

For instance, they may exclude cover for flood damage in low lying areas, medical cover for AIDs or extreme sports, loss in the event of war, suicide or intential damage etc

I would hope that policies purchased prior to piggy flu would be covered still if it wasn't excluded in the first place though!

Here is an exclusion for a travel policy for a company where I live.

Pandemic exclusion:

* This policy does not cover any liability, loss, cost or expense arising out of, resulting from, caused or contributed to by avian influenza or any other virus that is declared to be an outbreak or epidemic by the World Health Organisation, or any Government or ruling body of a country that the outbreak or epidemic has occurred in.

Source

Note, they use the word epidemic (in one area/population) and not pandemic (more than one area/population).

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
As well, has anyone here noticed that in the 12 US "reported and confirmed" H1N1 deaths, EVERY person had a serious underlying medical condition?

It's virtually impossible to get insured here with a pre-existing condition, unless it's through a corporate job.

Two thoughts:
1) Americans, even those with health insurance (like the school admin in NY who passed away), are a grossly ill group of people- obesity, diabetes, autoimmune diseases, poor diet, etc.
2) Uninsured people are dying because they can't afford to go to hospital for treatment.

I would not be surprised if we see a similar occurrance here- but in a sneakie methodology: we can keep our insurance ONLY if we take the vaccine.

Just some theories. Thoughts?

BTW- to the Aussies here- terribly sorry to hear of this. It's a disgusting travesty of any kind of humanism.

new topics

top topics

join