It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush/Cheney - possibly the greatest Presidential team in the history of the USA!

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
This Thread fails badly.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by rami2012

By that point you could say that once Obama got into office all hell broke loose.

The economy was in an upheavel if he got in there, since then it's been a painstakingly bare to get ammo, the defecit has gone up to 100 trillion dollars and counting, N. Korea has gotten gutsy, we've become extremely close to radical leaders. The outcome of his poor decision will prove unwise sooner or later.

Why let another Bush in the office, and say wait until the damage is done, then we can place the blame, if you thought bush was bad to begin with, why was noone protesting beforehand.

Did you say well, with his dads record we'll probably invade iraq and hundreds of thousands of innocent people will die, but i'll wait till that happens before I say anything.

Bush wasn't great but hey you knew what you were getting, Obama you know what your getting, but still millions hundreds of millions still think he is the messiah...... what gives.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
It is basically a fact that the World Trade Centers were taken down with demolition charges. Those buildings would have never collapsed from a plane hitting them or even the jet fuel.

The internet is the only place where information can't be censored.

I have not seen even one segment on any TV news network that would even mention the fact that nano-thermite has been found in the WTC dust.

vodpod.com...

Terrorists don't have the technologically expertise to control demo a building, let alone get access to these buildings, or the massive amounts of various explosives to pull off this type of operation.

The government most likely sent their own CIA/FEMA goon squad to do this, or possibly contracted the ever so shady Mossad/IDF to carry out this part of the operation.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by justsomeboreddude

You should watch zeitgeist...

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by justsomeboreddude
reply to post by cautiouslypessimistic

What proof do you have that they let it happen, other than your need to hate the government and blame them for everything> Are you saying that our country does not have enemies that want to attack us?

Actually i will stick to what i said before.
The elite also known as the levites who worship the destructive Lord Moloch. Its not the government the gov are just the puppets like Bush. Base secret societies, shadow government. You should congratulate them.

[edit on 1-6-2009 by Applesandoranges]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I could not agree with you more. This moron they call the president is doing so much damage and hopefully we will get lucky and get him out of office in 4 years before something truly aweful happens. Another thought.... Isn't it funny how N.Korea has been doing all these test missle launches since obama came in as president? Isn't it funny how they waited for Bush to leave office.....Just a thought.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Dude when you put down the crack pipe and research the administration...post back.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by dennis48309

How can you say "it is basically a fact" that is an oxymoron. The 2 don't go together. And it is not a fact, it is an opinion that people have made up in their heads. Whether you believe it or not you can find evidence to support your opinion. So nothing is "basically a fact" how stupid is that saying? Dahhhhh

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I don't like the previous administration almost as much as I don't like the present one. So my opinion is not party based. I don't think you can blame two people for everything that has gone wrong in the past 8 years or so. You can play the blame game all day, but in the end, multiple parties had their hands in the pot. You can say that 9-11 was the "Dynamic Duo's" fault, but you have to include the CIA, the FBI, and the FAA. They all had just as much responsibility to keep us safe as Bush and Cheney. You can blame the two of them for the financial crises as well. But don't forget to include Wall Street, the Federal Reserve, Mortgage brokers, Banks, etc.

Bottom line is we have a broken system all the way around. Is that a past or present Administrations fault?? Partially, because they haven't fixed it... But not entirely. Also keep in mind that we supposedly vote these people into office. So in the end, its our faults to.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Ehhh i can only say that the 9/11 attack was actually done while bush/cheney was on watch.... So its bs to say they have prevented any terror on us soil.

These guys are only in it for the money, trace the money and you find the guilty ones off 9/11

Best regards.

Loke.

Ps.

Im not US citizen, i come from Europe and i must admit that Mr.Obama has done much more in 100 days than bush/cheny did in 8 years. The world is respecting US again, and actually feel that US has something we can work with at the moment. Dont flip that coin to much.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   

HAHA this is great, it is obvious to me that bush let us get attacked, DoD bombed WTC buildings and soon you will believe that! wow, people like you "justsomeboreddude" makes me realize that our species won't evolve, rather we are devolving.

yeah, PRAISE our home grown Illuminati domestic terrorists!

We need to take our hijacked government back from the republicrats.

[edit on 1-6-2009 by theuhstuf]

[edit on 1-6-2009 by theuhstuf]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
there is a lot of what if's ...
let me tell you some hard core facts:
#1. George Bush's Reign - Damaged the Country beyond repair...
he allowed 911 to happen or was directly involved like Cheney was.
that is 3,200 confirmed murders ... excuse me ... saved the country by destroying it. the only good that came from George Bush was a strong desire to wake up the people by showing them their deeds.
he murdered 1.3 million IRAQI's and 5,000 of our sons and daughters...
the only thing I could think of... someone wanted us so weak we can not fight. well to them I say you picked the wrong country bub... deposit your citizenship on your way to exile.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by justsomeboreddude
I hear many people bash the Bush admin for its handling of terrorism. Did you ever stop to think that maybe he saved the country by taking the fight to the enemy?

NO. They made up an enemy in iraq.

What if FDR had the courage to attack Germany, Italy, and Japan, before they killed millions.

That's like comparing superman and jack the ripper.

We should all thank Bush/Cheney for keeping us safe.

How has he done that?

There has not been one attack on US soil since 911.

And? So you think we should thank him because he only let one slip through? Have you thought that maybe they just hadn't planned any more during the time frame which he was still president?

You may not agree with their methods, but you should appreciate the results.

I don't appreciate the results at all. He did nothing to make us safer. On the contrary, he's caused thousands of US soldiers deaths...NEEDLESSLY.

Now we sit by and watch Obama give away all of our information on torture techniques, etc.

Little news flash for you. Those techniques have been around for over a thousand years. He didn't give anything away. Oh yes and lets not forget it's ILLEGAL to torture in the US.

All to the detriment of our armed forces and CIA.

How so?

All he has accomplished is to make us appear weak, divided, and foolish.

Oh you mean bush
Got it !

What kind of country airs its dirty laundry to the rest of the world?

Maybe a country that is trying to fix the damage done by the previous administration.

Obama is just setting us up for future attacks, because no one will attack you if they fear you enough, but as soon as you appear weak for even a second they will pounce on you.

Ever hear of 9/11? That didn't happen on obama's watch. Who's watch did that happen on again?? Could you remind me??? It slipped my mind...who was it again??? Because we must have appeared weak when that happened right? Also keep in mind that not one terror attack has happened during the obama administration. Just using your logic.

I hear the sounds of terrorist planning in the distant. It is only a matter of time, my friends!

Really? You better tell someone if you know something. You wouldn't want to be considered complicit now would you?

Call me a racist or whatever you like, but I love this country and I hate to see it be destoryed from the inside out by the weakness they call Liberal Thinking.

That doesn't make you a racist unless the only reason you disagree with obama is because he's black.

This is one of the most stupid threads I've ever seen here on ATS. The shear lack of understanding of what happened during the bush administration and lack of basic logic ASTOUNDS ME !!!

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Our torture techniques were not developed by us so Obama has not given away anything. Plus, our torturing prisoners was known worldwide before Obama. 9/11 happened on Bush and Cheney's watch so I fail to see how they've been great at protecting us.
Even if you believe all of the mainstream news on the subject, it is known that they were warned of Osama Bin Laden by both the Clinton administration and the Senate, as well as the CIA.
Moreover, the World Trade Center was bombed by terrorists under Clinton's watch. That's enough to put anybody on warning that they might try again. Yet, only 8 months into Bush's watch it happened.
He and Cheney stunk by anybody's yardstick.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by really

Well the problem has more to do with Obama showing weakness by thinking that waterboarding is appaling and a war crime. It lets ALL of our enemies know the limits of our willingness to torture. Torture or enhanced interrogation is all about psychology. Making someone think they could die or that you could keep ratcheting up the pain by using more severe techniques. That is what he gave up.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Not necessarily. Keep in mind that the Bush administration also said they did not use torture methods.. Long and behold, they did. All because Obama is saying publicly that we do not torture does not mean we actually don't.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Where your logic falls short of being sound is in this universal ideal:

You will always have people who hate you. They will hate you for no reason, or many reasons. Nothing you can ever do will change the fact that they hate you. This goes for businesses, individuals, and even countries.

The united states is HATED by these radicals...more pointedly their leaders. These leaders are then able to take easily influenced losers in their area and convert them into militants.

It does not take a lot of intelligence to wield a gun and kill people. It takes even less intelligence to blow yourself up in a crowded shopping area.

So, you cannot worry yourself with converting those who cannot be converted. Instead, you should broaden your efforts and go after those who are more easily influenced (and when i say these guys are losers, they are. They're usually the socially deprived group thinkers who would do anything to reach the land of 40 virgins)

These people are only emboldened by what they know as tyrannical behavior. Invasion. War. Stirring the pot. Thievery. Etc...

They are recruited into the rankings under the guise that the United States truly is evil and must be abolished. It's not like their leaders are saying "the united states has good people, but they must die because we're pissed off"

It'd be no different than someone telling a Christian that science has proven that Toronto is actually the gateway to Hell its self and must be destroyed. Depending on the level of influence and the pure gullibility and lack of intelligence on the recipient, there's a good chance that they could be converted into believing it's time for a holy war.

The U.S. has a much more advanced educational system, therefore people grow up with a better understanding of the way things are than they do in 3rd world countries where a lot of these militants are recruited from.

So that's where Bush got it wrong. By having the attitude of "F-them All, BOMB THEM" and engaging in torture that we, ourselves, condemn, you only embolden the terrorists. You cannot change an idea with a gun or brute force. You only strengthen it.

You can, however, change an idea with a better one.

And that's how you win a war like this.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Waterboarding is torture and is a warcrime. Listen, even McCain a Vietnam vet, tortured with waterboarding, says so. Under both American and International law it is torture.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by KaginD

Well you have a point there. One thing we know about Obama is that many times what he says and what he does are two different things or at least way worse than his first glazing over of the topic.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Read your history book dude, we've been #ing around and intervening in other people's business for decades, not for the best interest's of that nation and its people, but for those in a position to benefit. Not trying to justify violence of any kind, but for people such as those in the previous administration, to sit back and say they hate our freedoms so they want to kill us is a gross simplification. How can you feign surprise like that? To say that they were blindsided and had no way of knowing they would do this is foolish. With the warnings from foreign intel agencies that were ignored, or the war games and exercises that took these types of scenarios and even the targets of 9-11 into account, you can't use the "we had no idea" excuse.
As long as we # with people, people will # with us, that shouldn't surprise you.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join