It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chavez: Venezuela Could Leave OAS, Join Cuba

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Chavez: Venezuela Could Leave OAS, Join Cuba

www.newsmax.com

President Hugo Chavez says Venezuela could eventually withdraw from the Organization of American States and seek Cuba's help to create an alternative regional group.

Chavez claims the OAS serves the interests of the United States. The Venezuelan leader has repeatedly criticized Cuba's expulsion from the organization in 1962 on grounds that its communist government went against the hemispheric body's principles.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Chavez says US empire has collapsed, China part of 'new world order'

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Another story of Hugo Chavez trying to impose his own views on others.

A lot of people would claim that this would be for the best interest of latin nations, but it won't.

Chavez already stated that he saw China as the leader for the new (Communist) One World Order. I am sure he is stating this because he knows, or thinks that China would help expand the "Permanent Revolution" around the world which Chavez has talked about in the past.

Now Chavez does this trying to once agian claim "he is fighting against the empire of corruption" when Venezuela under Chavez has become more corrupt than ever before, and is probably above, and ahead of the U.S. in all forms of corruption, which includes him having already nationalized most, if not all buisnesses, and having shut down all oposition stations, quite similar to what the current administration has tried to do.

www.newsmax.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
You know I tried to look at the World from this guys point of view and I'm left baffled by how he gets his information. He's like a conspiracy theory buff who reads our forums and takes everything the wrong way.

You can never understand a lunatics logic.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
hmm i must admit i admire the guy who throws out all those leeching international companies out of their land and start putting it back to peoples hand, and he has been reelected several times. So i recon that the people also likes him.

Best regards.

Loke.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
This is good. Chavez should keep challenging the (dying) Empire.

Now that oil is rising again he should keep at it.

top topics

join