It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What was your most memorable thread of the past year?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
With all of the threads from the past year coming at us fast and furious, which one thread stands out in your mind?

Which thread had or continues to have the greatest impact on you personally?

With the wellspring of dedicated topics from the discussion boards, Podcasts ATSmix and now video's, is there one that struck you as unforgettable?

I will start with one that I actually created myself and that had the largest amount of stars and flags.

The reason that it affected me so strongly was that I learned some things about the ability of online relationships to affect us in personal ways I never dreamed possible.

If you have ever had one of the mega threads on the boards you will understand when I say that it is often the behind the scenes U2Us that take up the majority of your time and efforts, as the people involved in the threads like to ask you questions and bring enlightening insights to you out of the public sight.

During this thread in particular, we shared many of the same symptoms of being psychically attacked, at the same times. I had numerous U2u's telling me of very frightening energies attacking otherwise very normal members here.

I decided to back off for a while as I felt that after a personal and very scary phone call to my home that it was about to reveal (the thread) more than what tptb wanted me to share. I decided that night to add a false ending to the thread and call it quits on the story as a whole.

The phone call was an unidentified female who claimed to be from the Philippians, she also stated that she was a Scientist who was being pursued by the Lower astrals and that they had contacted her and said that they were coming back to murder her.

She was very freaked out and scared to death, desperate for my help as to what to do I handled it as if she were delusional and just tried to calm her down and bring her focus back to reality, this reality.

Asking her what religion she was (I have studied most) she said Catholic. So I had her do what brings Catholics most protection, the Rosary. Also asked her to simply contact her loved ones and let them know her fears, to call her Priest and tell him as well.

She told me that she would do all of this and that she would call me in the morning unless 'they' had come for her.

I did not want her calling back, but said fine, and was anxious to end the call to check her number, it was unavailable.

She never called back.

It was obvious to me that several members were getting very frightened by this thread as well, and so my decission to end it.

So there you have it, my most memorable thread of the past year.

From The Gray Area "What you should know about Lower astrals"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 26-5-2009 by antar]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Interesting idea. Infact one of the most memorable threads is one that I created, yes I know it sounds conceaded but it is.

The Mystery of the Woods

It took a ton of information to accumilate and discuss. It took many man hours to find all the information and post them. Infact it has led to a book that I am writing about this phenomena, hopefully, it gets finished this year and hopefully good things happen from their. Also the response that the thread recieved was amazing! So many people helped and made the thread memorable not only for me, but hopefully for the readers and contributors as well.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Antar, I think one of the most memorable threads of the last twelve months has to be the USO Research thread:

I certainly didn't realise just how many credible (sonar corellated) Unidentified Submerged Object reports there actualy are.
Cheers.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   

The one with the universe perspective in it.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Hey Antar:

For me it was also one of the most relevant.
"Window of Opportunity" Hidden Hands

There are others but....

[edit on 26-5-2009 by cindymars]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I'd not long joined ATS when the Israel Defence Force invaded the Gaza Strip.

The Live cam from Gaza thread had me up all night hypnotised by the buzz of the drones, the crackling artillery and the flashes of white phosphorus.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

Not at all a problem, often it is what we feel the greatest passion about that stands out most, you obviously put forth a tremendous amount of energy and time so, it is very appropriate that you chose this one for this thread.

And to everyone else, what can I say but great contributions... For anyone new coming in this will be an enormous help in discovering the topics that they may want to check out in this veritable candy store of topics and discussions.

If you could please star the ones you also found as the most important and memorable, as it will only bring out more acknowledgement for that particular piece.

[edit on 26-5-2009 by antar]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I haven't got just one memorable thread, maybe several in the same vein? The NASA STS threads and Mike Singh's 'Alien Donuts' from earlier this year were excellent. The level of knowledge, expertise and sheer enthusiasm of the members was infectious. It was like trench warfare as each position took potshots at each other or a dirty FA Cup Final. I've got an abiding image of RFBurns firing off replies whilst standing at his keyboard like Jerry Lee Lewis. Zorgon, Phage, Internos, Armap and Depth of Field sourced their points and added graphics and links. I learned a hell of a lot from reading all the links. They were also the first threads where I realized we're all stuck into categories whether we like it or not

Some of the best.....

Alien Donuts...

NASA STS-114 UFO Footage - Can it be debunked?

Alien Domes On The Moon? Let’s Set The Controversy to Rest!

Carl Sagan's Pale blue dot image.

Three Hundred Year Old Alien Spaceship?

should von daniken sue?

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
OK then I get to add another:
Smokingmans thread, lots of fun,fighting and insights.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
That was an awesome post Kandinski! Check your U2U inbox as I have sent you a private message.

Thanks for your entry, you had me cracking up at your sense of humor and poignant insight.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
OK the only thread that I have ever authored.
I really need more S&F 7 flags gets rid of the ads but I need plus 50 stars. So please have mercy on me.

Perceptios,Reality,Imagination

Shameless plug, sorry!

Also:
The Voyages of the Penelope and the Yydryl

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by cindymars
OK the only thread that I have ever authored.
I really need more S&F 7 flags gets rid of the ads but I need plus 50 stars. So please have mercy on me.

Perceptios,Reality,Imagination

Shameless plug, sorry!

Also:
The Voyages of the Penelope and the Yydryl

I was waiting impatiently for masquas Space Opera to make its way here!
Thanks again CM for your outstanding post!

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Here's a longer list.

A thread of my own: Weather Control Admitted

Questioningall: Dimensional Portals and the Vegetarians Disappearances

Chapter29:
Classic Quote Burial Ground

AshleyD:
Debunking The Fake Jew

And much more, but I think we all understand the point...

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I joined to pose a question to Hidden Hand in the "window of opportunity" thread. Glad to see someone already mentioned it

I happened upon the thread as it was still in progress. I know now that none of the material is all that "ground breaking" (much of it is similar to the law of one), but it was still pretty amazing to see the answers posted and the amount of detail they contained. I wish whoever that was would post again

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
These are all great suggestions but I have to say that some of the older stuff in RATS really touched my conspirtorial side, one in particular hit me as something I am still watching out for and the timeline suggested in the thread was writen back in 2005 I believe but the person mentioned in the thread a "cab driver", if it is true, which I really believe it was would mean nothing is going to matter in the near future or at least not in the financial world as we know it. Still gives me deep feeling in the pit of my stomach and it was one I reread several times to look at from all possible angles.

RATS is well worth the points to join to find some real gems hidden there.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Is this about self-authored threads or threads about news reports or both?

Self-authored threads with no external links in OP:

Dear Comrades I Regret To Inform You...

This thread idea occurred to me back when The Russians were expressing grave concerns and potentially threatening military action over NATO missiles in Poland (and still are). I briefly put myself in a Russian commander's mindset, wondering what they could be thinking. It is a fictional account of the Russians reaching the breaking point, putting emergency plans into action, and deciding for all out thermonuclear global war against the US and NATO. Well, it turns out I scared a few folks, until they realized what forum that was in...

If The Official Story Is True, Why Hasn't Gov't Sued?

As far as threads I did reporting on news stories, these were probably my top threads (by either flags or replies or both):

U.S. Troops In Black Helicopters Invade New Orleans, Drop Bombs

Court won't review Obama's eligibility to serve!

Obama Forgery Exposed (Dr. Polarik Official Use)

9/11 FLIR Infrared Camera proves NIST and 9/11 Commission Lies

There were a few more, but my thread list only goes back 150...

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Wow you are spot on with your intuitive sense, yes the self authored is the most desirable, but anything that was truly inspiring and stands out in your mind is more than welcome.

I do recall all of your threads and really enjoyed reading them.

Excellent post thankyou, it is aparent why you are at a cosmic
level.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
You know I was waiting for someone to add ANYTHING by Skyfloating, he/she is probably one of my favorite authors on the boards from a variety of forums.

So anything by Skyfloating.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
You know I was waiting for someone to add ANYTHING by Skyfloating, he/she is probably one of my favorite authors on the boards from a variety of forums.

So anything by Skyfloating.

The USO Research thread

Originally posted by karl 12
Antar, I think one of the most memorable threads of the last twelve months has to be the USO Research thread:

I certainly didn't realise just how many credible (sonar corellated) Unidentified Submerged Object reports there actualy are.
Cheers.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I'm somewhat new to this excellent site, but so far, it has to be:

Incredible Crashed UFO **Video**on Moon
By: zarp3333

It restored my interest in a topic that had always fascinated me, but until now, I had lost faith in it's evolving history.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join