It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Honda's Hovering Concept Car

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Honda's Hovering Concept Car

autos.yahoo.com

Honda Fuzo Concept

French industrial and automotive designer Jonathan Mahieddine has created quite a stir on numerous popular tech-oriented websites with his Honda Fuzo, a futuristic design for a flying car.

The young, creative designer envisions the Fuzo as a lightweight and sturdy vehicle — thanks to extensive use of Kevlar, carbon fiber and carbon nanotubes — that would be capable of traveling through the air at a top speed of 350 mph, thanks to four powerful turbine engines...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
What are the possibilities that this thing every even reaches the concept stages? I've been wondering for years where the heck the all too foreseen "flying cars" of the future were, and it seems this is the closest we've gotten yet.

Hey, as long as it runs on gasoline, I'm sure the automakers will have no problem putting it to the test.

autos.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Nice find! Hard to imagine this running on regular unleaded. Also if you have ever heard a Harrier up close you know the tremendous amount of noise those things make - they can make you go deaf without the proper hearing protection. I wonder how loud these turbines are?

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
That thing's awesome! I want one!! It would actually compel me to go out and get my drivers license! =P

Just a shot in the dark regarding 'why' we haven't seen any of these on the market yet:
- Too much freedom given to the people, would be my guess. People would have instant access to various different places on their own, reducing their reliance on government/corporations for their needs, which would in the end reduce their control over everyone.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
We will all be long dead and gone before anything like this hits the road. Ive been wondering for 20 years. They had one in popular mechanics that worked like 15 years ago. No ones going to get them because theres no money in it. Its to expensive and everyone who wanted one would have to get a pilots license. Do you realise how hard it is to get a pilots license? Takes hours and hours of flying with intructors its extremely expensive as well.

[edit on 26-5-2009 by Memysabu]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
hopefully this isn't just another pipe dream

dare i mention the Moller skycar,,, that's been around since the 80's and is still onl;y doing little takeoffs and hovers,,,,, not even close to the performance or capabilties they claim
www.moller.com...

[edit on 26-5-2009 by shortywarn]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
great find! any price tag on that badboy (not in the article) and whats the fuel source! ill take one!

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
great find! any price tag on that badboy (not in the article) and whats the fuel source! ill take one!

new topics

join