It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will the Trans Texas Corridor (NAFTA Superhighway) Be Stopped In It's Tracks? You Can Help.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Texas SB 855 has passed the TX Senate and is waiting to be voted on by the TX House and signed into law by Gov. Rick Perry. There is only seven days left in the 2009 session, time is a virtue.

It will impose a gas tax of 12.5 cents per gallon to Texans to pay for road and rail infrastructure throughout major population centers in Texas. Almost hidden in the bill is a move to repeal the Trans Texas Corridor proposed by Governor Rick Perry. The TTC is the entrance in to the U.S. of the speculated NAFTA Superhighway.

I do not think the House and Gov. Perry will pass this bill, that is raising much anger to Texas citizens over the tax hike. Then they look like heroes for stopping the tax hike but in the background the TTC will live on.

Most Texans oppose the TTC and probably do not even know that this bill will stop it. I will provide a link to the Texas Legislature here Texas Legislature Online you can urge them to pass the bill and stop the TTC.

The private contract for the TTC will be designed, financed, implemented and owned by by Spanish transportation giant Cintra. Most toll proceeds will leave the U.S. and go to Cintra, giving only cents on the dollar to TXDOT. Essentially raping U.S. citizens of proceeds and starting the NAFTA Superhighway system.

I live in Texas and if a 12.5 cent tax hike will stop the TTC then I am all for it. It will also provide funding for local contracts for road, rail, and commuter rail systems in urban areas in Texas.

Here is a link to a thread that I started that states in the article that this bill will repeal the TTC.

www.abovetopsecret.com

[edit on 26-5-2009 by timewalker]

new topics

join