It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The World Has Avoided 'Utter Catastrophe'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
So ABC's Quotes of the Day are pretty interesting today...

The World Has Avoided 'Utter Catastrophe'

May 26, 2009 10:34 AM

Here are the quotes of the day: ABC

"My heart today is bursting with gratitude." -- Sonia Sotomayor, moments ago, speaking of the friends and family who helped her along the road of life. Sotomayor has been nominated by President Obama to serve on the Supreme Court.

"The world economy has avoided utter catastrophe and industrialized countries could register growth this year. I will not be surprised to see world trade stabilize, world industrial production stabilize and start to grow two months from now." -- Nobel Prize-winning economist Paul Krugman, until recently a forecaster of longer-term gloom

"North Korea's detonation of a nuclear device Monday appears not to have been a significant technical advance over its first underground test three years ago. But it has triggered a swifter, stronger and more uniform wave of international condemnation, most notably from the isolated nation's historical allies, China and Russia." -- The Washington Post

"It's a grim illustration of two problems. First, there is no money, and second, there are no people." -- former U.S. Ambassador to Afghanistan Ronald Neumann, on a report that despite the growing U.S. Military presence there, only 18 foreign service officers in Afghanistan are proficient in Pashto and 20 in Dari, the country's two leading languages

Now let us digest this information...
Quote 1: Well she's happy about it, no wonder. I do ponder her vetting though, what secrets does she hide in her Latina closet!

Quote 2: Don't make me laugh in sorrow you pompous idiot!

Quote 3: You do realize it went from 1kilo ton test in 2006 to a 10-20 kilo ton test right? I do believe that is an advancement.

Quote 4: Sad days indeed when we cant even talk to the people we are trying to kill.

[edit on 5/26/2009 by Tentickles]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Quote two:

This is odd, are the Powers That Be planning to flush their funds down the drain to boost the world market to put people back making things that most of nobody will buy in an effort to avoid 'too many people waking up'?

This is an unusual statement to say the least.

She's either bluffing, or the PTB has made last-minute changes in an effort to solidify their power base- retreating to higher ground, to put it in another way.

I feel the PTB is unsure what to do, torn between two camps, one of which wants depopulation soon, and thinks they will succeed, and another camp, which wants to take it slow because they are afraid that the forecast is rain on their sunny days.

They can prolong it all they want- it will only buy them about two decades in my opinion.

People are waking up TOO fast.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

I think this might help your words sink in better: Possible Bilderberg Stock Movements Raise Questions

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Tentickles you have some of the most though provoking threads lately.

1) I'd be happy if someone gave me a well paid job for life, no possibility of being fired where I could play god and advance any aggenda I wanted.

2) Wow I wonder who paid him to change his toon, or did the offer to let him be one of the chosen ones. Or was this all part of the long term plan and he's just readying his next set of lines from the script.

3) (In a snarky tone) 10 KT is still little. It's not big until you can build 100MT ones then your one of the cool kids. It's like the difference between the kids who have the $100 sneakers with the little lights and the ones with the $5 ones from walmart.

4) We don't speak there language, they don't speak ours. I guess that means Afghanistan will be the next country we out source call center jobs too.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
1 - At least someone is getting a new job these days! Hopefully she will prove herself worthy.

2 - I will be optimistic today and hope that this guy shocks us all and is right.

3 - Even Russia and China can't justify an old dying man's hope for war.

4 - No easy answer to this one.

top topics

join