It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Ghost* photo?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I received this picture via e-mail from my sister last week. It was taken by my niece at school.
She had asked me to post it here for some of the experts to take a quick look to see what they think.

To me it honestly looks like it was 'enhanced' but she says it was not so I apologize in advance if they are playing a joke on me.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
the thing that jumps out at me immediately is that there isn't any reason to take this photo.

usually someone will take a photo of something, if a photo is of nothing and has something strange in it, it always makes me very suspicious.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I am not an expert, but that looks as FAKE as can be.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I'm not sure what's funnier; the blatant photoshop or the ten-tonne teacher behind the desk, sucking on a bucket of coke

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I am an expert and this is not only fake... its fake AND very poorly done. I can see clone stamps EVERYWHERE!

See the lines through the face that look 'dragged'? Black? Thats done with the clone stamp tool and looks like this when done VERY poorly. You hit ALT click in photoshop to use the tool. Basic photoshop 101, done poorly.

Sorry.

(Wanted all to know professional, meaning photographer... NOT ghost hunter!)

[edit on 26-5-2009 by Little One]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Little One

I don't think a clone stamp was used.

It looks like someone just took a picture of a head, used the lasso tool, desaturated it and then applied a Gaussian blur.

5 minute job imho.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by PrisonerOfSociety

We refer to that as both but yeah - 5 minute job TOPS.

The next time your messing with an image - click the stamp tool - then run it through the image. (to fix it choose step back).

You will then see the 'dragged' or 'pulled pixel' effect.

Ya learn something every day huh!? If not, its a wasted one!

Edited for example: I could use this effect if I wanted to make sun rays longer or add more. You simply Alt click to choose color - drag. Boo Yaw!

[edit on 26-5-2009 by Little One]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Little One

We refer to that as both but yeah - 5 minute job TOPS.

The next time your messing with an image - click the stamp tool - then run it through the image. (to fix it choose step back).

You will then see the 'dragged' or 'pulled pixel' effect.

Ya learn something every day huh!? If not, its a wasted one!

I don't see why you get 'dragged' or 'pulled pixel' effect with stamp tool. Perhaps you need to increase the brush size and set its softness to maximum, so you don't get a drag effect.

If you use the stamp tool correctly, you'd be amazed how you can manipulate images.

I then use the smudge or blur tool to blend it with the background and feathering the edges with a layer mask and adding transparency with the eraser.

Edit:

Edited for example: I could use this effect if I wanted to make sun rays longer or add more. You simply Alt click to choose color - drag. Boo Yaw!

That would be a nightmare to do. Just oversize the image and add new lens flares from 'filter/render'.

[edit on 26-5-2009 by PrisonerOfSociety]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Where is your portfolio?

Id love to see it.

I wouldnt use your tools of the trade the same as you - just as one carpenter may choose one hammer over another. We can choose one tool over another. It doesnt make one right or one wrong.

Of course, thats art... very subjective. But, I do make a living from it. That being said... there is no right or wrong. Only sales or no sales.

I like my work to be unedited and most is. I only use photoshop when requested by a customer. Very rare.

Id love to see your work though. You seem knowledgeable. Do you have a link? Id like to also show you mine.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   

That's the great thing about PS, there are a million + 1 ways to do the same task

I have sent you a u2u of my site, but would kindly ask you keep it private

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Absolutely! Thanks - looking forward to seeing your work. Ill too give you my link... give it to whomever you wish... Mama needs new shoes!

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Yea, this is a very poor fake photo manipulation... I am a professional graphic designer and I could do this in about 45 seconds... brush with color white selected (to make the white area), copy the face, paste it over the white spot, use the blur filter, and last but not least turn the opacity down to about 20%...

Too easy!!!

Besides, I have live in Nevada and been to Virginia City several times where you can get pics of ghosts all the time, and they look NOTHING like that.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Well, like I said in the OP, I never tried to pass this off as genuine and posted it as a request from my sister who received it from my niece.

I've been on ATS far too long to try to pass something off as real unless I took it myself and knew it had not been manipulated.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Yea, I concur with everyone else. This is a rather obvious fake.

Anjin IF, and I do mean IF, your niece really gave this to you, it seems she is playing a little prank on you. let me ask, does she know of your hobbies?

When I say hobbies I mean the topics discussed here on ATS i.e aliens and ufos, ghoste etc....

If so that might explain why she is pulling this on you...

Not a real ghost photo at all....

EDIT: The Undertaker makes a good. point... the face does look strangely like the face in the avatar of sauron.......Are you sure it was your niece that did this?

[edit on 26-5-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

[edit on 26-5-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Upon first glance, I was startled at how obnoxiously apparent the face was... looks like this hoax is the doing of a child

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Looks like our Forum Moderator Sauron has stepped over to the other side.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I just called my sister and we were talking about this. My niece does know that both of us are into the paranormal and appears to be a grab for attention.

and yes, I got the email on Saturday. like I said in my previous post, i've been around ATS far too long to try to pass something like this off as genuine. She wanted to find out what others would think about the photo so I told her I would post it here........I did not create this nor try to use someone's avatar in order to play a prank and i'm sorry if it was taken that way.

[edit on 26-5-2009 by Anjin]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Anjin

Noooo - I sure dont think for one second YOU posted this with any bad intentions. At all. You did what was ask of you: Deny Ignorance!

No way, I personally dont think that at all! Im sorry if you ever felt as if I thought you were trying to hoax us. No...

xoxo,

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Thank you, I appreciate your kind words.

I don't post much on ATS but when I do I always try to maintain the level of respect for the community that it deserves.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join