It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Infrared UFO fleet in Norway, 5/5-2009[Video]

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari
reply to post by internos

Near the end of the video he pans out and you can see the perspective. They are flying, and there are points of reference.
I don't quite understand how you can say they are not flying.. did you watch til the end?

I did watch the video till the end as i ALWAYS do, strange question coming from you.
Anyway, you should know the difference between LINEAR perspective and AERIAL perspective, since you are mentioning perspective: since this can be barely called LINEAR perspective, you have NO WAY to estabilish any aerial point of reference because what you see here is on a 2D plan. In cases like this, a lamp post could work, the plant cannot because you don't know where it is. So you don't have any way to know whether what you see is close to the camera, far from the camera or even just added in post production: you cabn estabilish a heck of a nothing. Why don't you try to contact the guy and ask to him when where and who else saw this spectacular ufo fleet? Of course he will provide you with all the informations: date, time, media coverage, all the witnesses, HIS NAME if he has one etc....

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

I know you can't guage distance from that perspective. But I think they can be said to be flying. At least that is how it appears. As for the other factors. Yes they are all lacking. I was only pointing out that they do appear to be flying based on the last few moments of footage. How high is another question though.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Birds do fly at night, how you folks can exclude the possibility that these are birds is just crazy. Trust me, I'm in Canada

There are many birds that are nocturnal; they are active at night. They include owls, nighthawks and whip-poor-wills, to name a few. Many other birds that you see around during the day will also fly at night.

Geese migrate at night. Often in the fall, you can see them winging across the sky, silhouetted against the moon.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by GioTheGreek

The footage was taken durring the day but you are exactly right, Many bird spiecies do fly at night.

Here is some recent thermal footage I recorded of ducks at night.

(click to open player in new window)

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Al Bino
reply to post by purehughness

i have believed in aliens ever since, i will never forget seeing that ufo, once you see one it changes you and u never forget it.

That's the problem with ALL those who haven't had that experience themselves yet.

I agree 'once you see one it changes you forever'.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Hi all,

I dont post much on these forums...generally fly thro...but yeah, this is almost a daily addiction. Couldnt resist commenting on this though.

I enhanced and analysed the video on a full spectrum analyser and came up with some observations:

a) The objects were definitely at a distance from the camera. There are reference points for that. This would rule out insects as theorised.

b) The objects in some frames exhibit bird like behavior (random bird flight patterns superimposed and compared ) and in some, they dont. This has left me puzzled. Could not discern any fluttering of wings, though.

c) The spectrum analyser shows a thermal trail in a scattered pattern, more than normal.

Make of it what you will. UFOs, birds, insects. But this is a fairly intriguing video.

Cheers!

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

Hi Wind,
I do think you're on the right lines,
could be birds or pollen..it's very breezy
and both birds and pollen mess about in the same way
when its windy,don't agree with the horizon thing though,
looks to me like the edge of a roof.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy

Hi Wind,
I do think you're on the right lines,
could be birds or pollen..it's very breezy
and both birds and pollen mess about in the same way
when its windy,don't agree with the horizon thing though,
looks to me like the edge of a roof.

Hi wind?

If you look at the video from about 20 second mark looks like the coast to me light area then dark blue (seabirds) doesnt look like a roof.
I also think its being filmed that way to confuse look at the slope on the horizon watch full screen tilt your to the right and see what i mean!

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Hi WMD,
It is the edge/ledge of a building,
if it was the horizon,then they must
be big birds since some of them disappear
over it more than once.
The guy is filming straight up,
then near the end pans over to the flowers.
The ledge appears several times in between and quite clearly.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Charismagic
c) The spectrum analyser shows a thermal trail in a scattered pattern, more than normal.

Hi Charismagic,
Could you define "thermal trail".
This is not thermal infrared footage so I'm lost on that one.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Excellent find ! Star and flag !
These are the same light ships that we've seen here in northern california.
Once you've seen them through nightvision googles yourself it's difficult to explain. These are UFO's and we may never find out what's really going on in our skies at night and during the day.
Synth

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I hate to be spoil sport but this is picture, of water,pond with things floating on pond.
It's out of focus, just enough to try and fool someone.
I thought you guys were joking , but this belongs, in the Hoax Forum.

[edit on 28-5-2009 by googolplex]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   
why does the Filmer put "Thanks for Watching" at the end like this is some movie feature or something. LOL

Some kids joke hoax is absolutely what it is.

BIRDS not UFOs

If you think otherwise after seeing and reading the full proof analysis by reputable members here your mind is gone and there is no hope for you.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Melyanna Tengwesta

The problem with this and with many people is that they are way to keen on believing, so they forget to be analytical and objective on stuff.

Just by reading this thread, post for post, you soon realize that there are many here who still would call these "UFO's" spaceships, even if you clearly could see they only were a couple of geese!

People want to believe they are UFO's, so they believe they are UFO's! Instead of being so naive and saying stuff that "people who haven't had an own UFO experience can't/wont understand this", be objective and look with your analytical mind!

IMO, this is obviously just birds. I live in Sweden near the coast, and oh, if you put on some IR/nightvision-goggles at the evening or night, you will see dozens of these supposedly UFO's or "lightships" as someone else called them! Fantastic, huh!? Perhaps, but not when you realize that they are nothing more than seagulls or geese.

And I do believe in extraterrestrial life, I just don't think they will show up disguised as birds.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by googolplex
I hate to be spoil sport but this is picture, of water,pond with things floating on pond.

I can buy this explanation. I agree that it looks like the insects and water-walkers on the surface of a pond. The flowers/bushes could still be see if the camera was pointed down.

Like I said before, I have never seen a UFO, but I would like to. Maybe this is one. I still don't think it is birds, but maybe something on the water.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by googolplex

Googolplex ,
Notsure how you came to your conclusion considering if you really watched the video you can see clearly the camera is pointed to the sky no pond water or anything floating on a pond.

I understand what I am seeing even frame by frame .

You make an absolute statement about this video then say it belongs in the Hoax forum because you think its not in the sky and on some pond .
What pond ?
No your attempt to say this is not real ufo footage is weak at best .

Its not a picture its a real video of UFOs and if you understand the term then you should have the ability to realize what your viewing.

Just because you want this to be a hoax and its not .

This truly is the worst explanation posted here as to what it is .Wow

[edit on 28-5-2009 by Cmdraleon]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Cmdraleon

Forgive me for getting involved in this life changing matter. I understand you want to support the vid you posted but suggestions and criticism need to be seen for their true value.
The person who said it is things in water... that is one of the BEST explanations I have heard....... WAIT.... read on, calm down. I don't think this is true, after all there's branches etc near the end..... But the originality and creative thinking this explanation shows is just what we need on here.
A really good bit of analytical thinking.... wrong or right you've got the right approach to this stuff googolplex (or whatever your name is).

[edit on 28-5-2009 by and14263]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by and14263

Also,right at the end of the video you will see
a wall with a window=1 house.
The Waterman should have seen it too,
the objects look more like whole Dandelion clocks,or
something similar being tossed about in the breeze.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08

It has been commonly reported that a lot of UFOs use a type of cloak that shifts their EM frequency from visual to IR.

Maybe that is why so many of us believe they are birds.

We see flapping wings and in reality it is the cloak flapping in the wind.

Verdict:
Birds riding thermal. Probably seaguls.

As someone mentioned earlier:
There is absolutely no proof this is shot at night.

As others also have noted:
Some of you guys seem to be more familiar with alien craft than common birds.

EDIT:
Have you guys noticed that non-believers are reluctant to star each others posts and that believers are very keen on s&f?

[edit on 28.5.2009 by HolgerTheDane]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Synthesist
Excellent find ! Star and flag !
These are the same light ships that we've seen here in northern california.
***snip***

In which case you don't have to think of them as UFOs or Lightships anymore.

They are birds.

They are not only in Norway and Northern California. They are all over the world. In HUGE numbers.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join