It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War on Terrorism Quiz - Free Points!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Allright boys and girls. Im going to donate 500 of my ATS points (assuming its possible) to whomever first answers these "historical" questions correctly, first.
READY?

Let us leap fully in to the world of DENYING IGNORANCE!

1. Who is the only country EVER to be convicted in the world court and condemned for international terrorism???

2. For what actions were they condemned???

3. What was the result of the world body's judgement within the UN security council and why???

4. In what main avenues and outlets of the media was this publicized???

5. What was the 'Contructive Engagment' policy regarding the African continent in the 1980's, who created it and what were the consequences???

and finally....

6. Why, according to Lao Tse, is "authority an illusion in the mind of govenors"???

Now I know that we all know how to use the search option on Google...but what I'm looking for is an honest test of your knowledge, not your internet ability. So you're all on the "honor" system...whatever that means.

*In the event that I am unable to donate points you'll just have to accept my profound amazement at your incredible brain!!!

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I don't beleive it's possible to donate your points, but we can play along for the fun of it...

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   
1. Who is the only country EVER to be convicted in the world court and condemned for international terrorism???

my guess would be an Asian Country, hmmm which one...

Probably Vietnam ?

[Edited on 29-4-2004 by elevatedone]

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   
1. Who is the only country EVER to be convicted in the world court and condemned for international terrorism??? ISRAEL

2. For what actions were they condemned??? TERRORISM

3. What was the result of the world body's judgement within the UN security council and why??? NOTHING,BECAUSE THEY ARE ISRAEL.

4. In what main avenues and outlets of the media was this publicized. NONE.

5. What was the 'Contructive Engagment' policy regarding the African continent in the 1980's, who created it and what were the consequences??? ID GUESS ISRAEL AGAIN AND PROBABLY SOMETHING TO DO WITH EGYPT. CONSEQUENCES,NONE.

and finally....

6. Why, according to Lao Tse, is "authority an illusion in the mind of govenors"??? AUTHORITY IS SOMETHING GIVEN NOT GOVERNED.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Ashley...I certainly like your answer to number 6...shows me a mind at work questioning its nuerological assuptions....
The other answers are wrong however.

Keep it coming

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Voice_of Doom
READY?

Let us leap fully in to the world of DENYING IGNORANCE!

Libyia
Lockerbie Bombing
3. What was the result of the world body's judgement within the UN security council and why???
Compensation
News?
5. What was the 'Contructive Engagment' policy regarding the African continent in the 1980's, who created it and what were the consequences???
Dont care about America
and finally....

6. Why, according to Lao Tse, is "authority an illusion in the mind of govenors"???
Because he believed it

Now I know that we all know how to use the search option on Google...but what I'm looking for is an honest test of your knowledge, not your internet ability. So you're all on the "honor" system...whatever that means.

*In the event that I am unable to donate points you'll just have to accept my profound amazement at your incredible brain!!!

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   
im not cheating and looking up these answers so im leaving myself wide open to being wrong. When I am, please do correct me.

Iran, or Serbia, or Syria, or Libya... i know it has to be one... so im going with... Libya

being anti-Israeli / harboring terrorists

stop harboring terrorists or else

again with this? limited quiz... uh... BBC, Sky, Reuters, etc

The policy was one designed to eradicate factories which produce illicit weapons. The guy leading the UN at the time or Ronald Reagan

and finally....

Because no one entity can directly control the human spirit. They can bend wills, they can make the will of the people conform to their rules, but they will never break the people of their will.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   
1.USA
2.Attacking Nicaragua
3.They did nothing ?
4.Not sure what you mean
5.South Africa (no idea really heh)
6.Something about there is no authority really ?

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   
super nova has it at least the first two

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Voice_of Doom
Ashley...I certainly like your answer to number 6...shows me a mind at work questioning its nuerological assuptions....
The other answers are wrong however.

Keep it coming

They were wrong but obviously ashley was trying to make a point. and a very good point at that. in a perfect world, all of her answers would be correct.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   
3) nothing, they had no leverage
4) none

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   
And we have a winner!!!!

SUPERNOVA is ...well...SUPER!!!

Thats right kids. The only country to be CONVICTED by an international court of terrorist acts was the United States, 1985-1986, for their illegal war against the soveriegn nation of Nicaragua. Nicaragua took the correct legal actions and brought the case to the UN's general assembly. After presenting evidence and having a trial, the United States was found guilty of illegal terrorist actions. The only two countries that voted against this judgement were Isreal (!) and Micronesia.
The UN general assembly moved for a condemnation from the Security Council to STOP the illegal war. Knowing that they were no match for the United States weight and power they instead drafted a resolution, "calling for all nations to respect and abide by international law." All of the security nations voted for this except for one.
Guess
which
one?
Thats right...the beacon of democracy and freedom for the world, the grand US of A. Actually Great Britian abstained from that vote.
I have to apologize for question (4). Its a trick question...there wasn't any domestic coverage of the proceedings, judgements or aftermath. When it was finally leaked by the European press the US congress was forced to do something about it. They drafed legislation telling the Reagan/Bush 1 administration to stop the illegal war saying it violated international AND domestic law. How did the administration react??? They increased money and weapons expenditures designed to overthrow the Nicarguan government while resorting to more subtle means to accomplish.
This little game employed a few actors you might might find surprising. Bush One, Rumsfeld, Cheney, Powell, Oliver North, Paul wolfowitz and Saddam Hussein!!!
Isn't it great to see them back on the stage again folks?!!
This was called the Iran/Contra scandal and gets minimal reflection by the main stream press.
Question 5 was in fact the Reagan/Bush One policy for dealing with African countries...specifically South Africa. It was designed to creat instability in countries that might be unfavorable to American corporate business interests...as well as countries that had a nice supple of oil. In fact, at its summation it created one of the best quotes by one of the former/returned actors on the world stage, Dick Cheney. When asked, at the height of the anti-aparteid movement, what he thought about Nelson Mandela, he replied, "Nelson Mandela is one of the most horrific terrorists in the world. He and his ANC (African National Congress) are a threat to freedom in South Africa....the worst possible scenario would be to have his message spread to the surrounding countries...".
(Nice, huh?) I mean, the man only freed his people and won the Nobel peace prize. Some consider him to be the South African version of George Washington. I wonder what Dick Cheney would have thought of Washington and his bunch of troublemakers.

Number 6...hmmm...I think answers itself. All of the reponses to that question are correct and I for one am IMPRESSED with what you guys came up.

Keeping thinking for yourselves...you're absolutely free.

Supernova, I'll look into the points transfer...nice job.

*its believed that up to 100.000 people died because of U.S actions in Nicargua from 1975 to 1991....that's a whole bunch of crumbling Twin Towers eh guys?

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
I don't beleive it's possible to donate your points, but we can play along for the fun of it...

You are correct its not possible to give 1's points to another only SkepticOverlord has the power to do this.

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 01:41 AM
link   
OMG I KNEW it was the US!!!! i barely remember that news item I saw on BBC 2 years ago. It was on their website in some article about the history of the ICC in The Hague. auggh, I should have known...

but still, congrats supernova on your victory.

but, hey hey, at least I got numero 5 right when nobody else did. It was the Reagan administration, after all.

cool test, my man. looks like I sabotaged myself when I presumed the test was following only one incident and I apologize for complaining that the test was limited.

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Thanks for the nice comments but i was a bit lucky with the answers to be quite honest heh.My memory is that bad i couldn't remember if it was Nicaragua or Grenada and Voice_of Doom was very gracious ignoring my other 4 answers

join