It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Picks New Supreme Court Appointee

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Obama to name Sotomayor as Supreme Court pick

Well, I may not like her stances on some issues, but at least the court is starting to look more like a microcosm of the USA than it has been for a long time.

Breitbart

CNN

FOX

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
This is a great time to see if the Repubicans are serious about regaining power, or if they just sit back and play nice and let the Dems roll over them as usual.

As far as I am concerned Obama set the ground rules by proclaiming Roberts and Alito as "qualified", but voted against them anyway. If this is not thrown back into his face I am done with the Republican Party.

Hope Obama has a backup ready.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

Yeah, I am what you might call middle-ground conservative. I have never subscribed to the modern version of the Republican Party, but if I had to choose at gun point, I definitely would not be a Democrat. Personally, I feel they are two sides of the same inhumane and greed-driven coin. I just have a lot more against the liberal agenda than I do the conservative.

This pick, on the surface, seems to promote diversity and all that, but certainly is nothing more than a "look at me I put a non-white female on the most powerful Court in the land so love me even more and remember to vote!"

I don't yet know if she was the most qualified candidate, but then, if his qualifications are those spelled out here, then I guess she is.

To wit:

In considering his first nomination to the court, President Obama is likely to focus on three factors – gender, youth, and liberal intellectual heft.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Reply to post by RRconservative

why should he? Its not like he nominated a Bork or something. If the GOP is going to get serious about winning back the moderates of the party, which they need to compete, this relentless march to Limbaugh Land is not going to cut it.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

Just what your party needs... to hold back a latina women from the Supreme Court just days after old Dick basically slap Colin Powell around on TV.

If thats they way that the GOP plans to expand their pool of voters I think that by 2012 they would become irrelevant.

top topics

join