It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange 'Moving' Object On Mars!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ballastastronaut
its quite clearly a space turkey

I have no eye for these things but there does seem to be a clear difference in the position, shape and size of the tail like thing that was circled.

I almost looks like it could be moving as well.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Mike whats happening are you working to hard for a man with what was it 30yrs of looking at pictures to work out what they show and you didn't notice the change in position of the rocks in the pictures,this and before the spire sorry shadows episode maybe you need a break!

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
It's amazing that no one has seen a completely rectangular object lying there in front of our faces...

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

Mike whats happening are you working to hard for a man with what was it 30yrs of looking at pictures to work out what they show and you didn't notice the change in position of the rocks in the pictures,this and before the spire sorry shadows episode maybe you need a break!

He do post them here so we all can help to try and explain it.
In this case we could and most seem to agree, even us "believers".

But there are many things that are still unexplained or impossible to explain, that he have posted before.

You seem to take for granted that there is nothing on the moon, and nothing on Mars. I wouldn't if I were you. Cause just as it is clear that there is nothing on the moon or on mars it is just as clear that there really IS something there. It is just not possible for us to say.

But there is undoubtedly alot of stuff up there the seems VERY suspicious.
And it just up to ourselves if we wanna see spires or shadows.

In time we will get the answer.

Say your thoughts and your believes here, you are very welcome to do so. But DO NOT ridicule others for their believes or ambition to try to solve this. That is not why ScepticLord & co started this site.

If your only agenda is to make non humble comments, then you can just as much stay out of discussions like this.

Thanks.

[edit on 26-5-2009 by Akezzon]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Looks like a shadow of the rover to me...
espicaly the one where the 'thing' in question is in the middle of the rocks.
its trans parent, can see the rocks behind it..
maby sun moving behind the rover?

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I consider many here in the ATS community to be very intelligent and, "professional" skeptics; therefore, when evaluating pictures like this, we should adhere to very stringent analytical standards.

I feel that many of us really would like one of these pictures to yield an anomaly that bears concrete evidence for extraterrestrial life; however, before jumping to conclusions, many factors should be taken into serious consideration.

It is obvious that in the pictures presented by the OP, we see an object that has changed positions numerous times, compounded by the fact that the Rover has taken pictures from different angles. Other contributors to this thread have also mentioned these factors, but I'm going to re-emphasize them:

The environment on Mars is widely known and accepted to be turbulently windy, many scientists have described the winds there as, "hostile", dust storms and dust whirl-winds are events that occur on a daily basis. Therefore, it is HIGHLY possible that this object has merely been moved as a result of high velocity wind.

Another angle to look at this idea from, would be, that the object was carried by wind from a location out of the pictures view, and it simply fell, and was lifted again by another gust of wind.

Another factor to take into consideration is that the Rover itself may have bumped into the object and inadvertently moved it, or perhaps dragged it there from another location.

I will agree that these pictures are very interesting, and bear some evidence for a theory that the object in question was alive, and moved by it's own accord, but I think that this theory is highly unlikely and that this is not the smoking gun that we are all searching for.

However, OP, I will star & flag this post, since strong scrutiny and effort obviously went into finding the series of pictures.. Perhaps someone else can shed a different light and counter my opinion.

-CosmicClearance

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Hmm, I had a look at the "moving rock" more closely. I need to rethink this really. It is quite an angle change. But that "rock" (2) seem to lay so close to the (3). And if you look at (2) and (1) they seem to be pretty aligned.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c9ec9e7d11d9.jpg[/atsimg]

Now let's look at picture number 2.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a120bd6ddecf.jpg[/atsimg]

If you look at the positions of (1) and (3), the (2) should be somewhere along the green line. So the moving rock (2) could be a large rock back in background of picture one. But I doubt that though.

I have to take make statement "It is clearly a angle issue" back. I am not so certain anymore.

CosmicClearence, speaks of wind.
Hmm...tumbleweed comes into my mind.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And oh, found this pic in another thread here. A bigger one of the "horizon" shot.
marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I thought I'd throw in an animation as the rover was moving forward.

Sorry for the poor quality
I put it together quickly. Hope this helps.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e04bac684314.gif[/atsimg]

[edit on 26-5-2009 by Deaf Alien]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
hi guys, thought id add my own photochops.

1 and 2 being identifiable rock shapes that seem to be viewed at a very diff angle in the second shot..pity.
rocks with legs would be cool

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by contemplator
That is one HELL of an anomaly. I lined it up and gave my take on it:

Compare the big rock on the right. The split down the middle is bigger on one of the pictures by a noticeable difference. Is this proof of NASA altering the pictures ?

Another rock above that seems to have moved a bit too but the location of the pic is in the same spot give or take an inch......

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
@ Akezzon,

The basis for my theory is this:

We have no measurement or data that would tell us the objects weight, so it could be comprised of anything. It could very well, weigh as much as a tumbleweed would for all we know.

What we do know, is that high velocity winds are very common on mars, along with Whirlwinds, dust-storms, and tornadoes, which are all events that are capable of carrying somewhat heavy objects from one location to another. If an event like this occurred in the general area, there is a good chance that if the object in question is light-weight. It could have been moved by the force of wind.

What we also know, is that so far there's no concrete evidence that living and moving organisms of that size & shape do inhabit Mars.

So probability is really working against the idea that the object is alive/animated and has moved on its own accord. Especially when environmental factors are taken into consideration, compounded by the fact that we do not know the objects weight or composition.

To be fair, it is very possible that there is/was more to these photos and NASA has simply sanitized them, and like another contributor mentioned, someone messed up on these frames.

I spend a lot a bit of time thinking about this scenario, because, it is blatantly obvious that NASA have, in the past, edited photos of the Moon.

[Edit to add more content]

[edit on 26-5-2009 by CosmicClearance]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I dont know, but to me it looks like it could be the rover's shadow. just a guess.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akezzon

Originally posted by wmd_2008

He do post them here so we all can help to try and explain it.
In this case we could and most seem to agree, even us "believers".

But there are many things that are still unexplained or impossible to explain, that he have posted before.

You seem to take for granted that there is nothing on the moon, and nothing on Mars. I wouldn't if I were you. Cause just as it is clear that there is nothing on the moon or on mars it is just as clear that there really IS something there. It is just not possible for us to say.

But there is undoubtedly alot of stuff up there the seems VERY suspicious.
And it just up to ourselves if we wanna see spires or shadows.

In time we will get the answer.

Say your thoughts and your believes here, you are very welcome to do so. But DO NOT ridicule others for their believes or ambition to try to solve this. That is not why ScepticLord & co started this site.

If your only agenda is to make non humble comments, then you can just as much stay out of discussions like this.

Thanks.

Its just friendly banter between me and Mike I ended it with
but you jumped in without looking close enough.
I do believe out there somewhere life exists, does it visit here judging by the videos/pics posted here NO do they have bases on the Moon & Mars here and now or in the past dont think so.
I have had a look at sites like the livingmoon, Yes John had a really good imagination ,could he figure out what was on the Moon pics NO not even if his life depended on it.
He was like a kid with a join the dots book once he made up his imaginary shape he would colour it in IF only it were that simple.
Other images of supposed foundations were exactly like jpeg artifacts you get when images are compressed and thrown about the net.
I want to see evidence BUT I dont assume until I have considered all the options.
If in doubt my sig has some real good advice for you.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by LucidDreamer85

Originally posted by contemplator
That is one HELL of an anomaly. I lined it up and gave my take on it:

Compare the big rock on the right. The split down the middle is bigger on one of the pictures by a noticeable difference. Is this proof of NASA altering the pictures ?

Another rock above that seems to have moved a bit too but the location of the pic is in the same spot give or take an inch......

Its not bigger the pictures are at a slightly different angle if you look, this is what i mean about wanting things to much take your time LOOK at pictures with your eyes not your imagination!

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I still to this very moment can not understand what I am suppose to be looking at! I just can not see anything except a cluster of rocks.

Is there a video on this anywhere?

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
reply to post by Extralien

Hi Extralien! Check out these two pics:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/74b6c26b1a43.jpg[/atsimg]

Now the angles are not that much so as to change the perspective to such a great degree that it hides the object in question completely behind the rock on the left side!

But you may be right. It could be the angle of incidence that's resulting in this strange effect. The only point against this is the lateral shift of objects in the foreground appear to be far less than that as compared to the immediate background. In fact the nearer an object is, the more would be its displacement compared to objects farther away. But that doesn't seem to be the case here. It's just the opposite!

Cheers!

Hiya Mike, I usually disagree with your perspective on these Mars images. Have you looked at the background of these two images? The rocks are different...very different
The large rocks in the first image are absent in the second. What gives?

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

Don't listen to the debunkers. You have something there. Yes they are at different angles, but two of those images show without a doubt that the object in question did move.

The first image the object is not visible so no one can say, but in the other two the object is clearly on the left and then it moves to the center between the other two large rocks.

Angle in that case does not make a difference because the two stationary center stones used for discussion positioning are in the same exact position, the "anomaly" you mention is not. It has moved

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

Originally posted by mikesingh
reply to post by Extralien

Hi Extralien! Check out these two pics:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/74b6c26b1a43.jpg[/atsimg]

Now the angles are not that much so as to change the perspective to such a great degree that it hides the object in question completely behind the rock on the left side!

But you may be right. It could be the angle of incidence that's resulting in this strange effect. The only point against this is the lateral shift of objects in the foreground appear to be far less than that as compared to the immediate background. In fact the nearer an object is, the more would be its displacement compared to objects farther away. But that doesn't seem to be the case here. It's just the opposite!

Cheers!

Hiya Mike, I usually disagree with your perspective on these Mars images. Have you looked at the background of these two images? The rocks are different...very different
The large rocks in the first image are absent in the second. What gives?

Well the top pick is a lot closer than the bottom and the angle is different so that would account for the difference

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by arizonascott

Don't listen to the debunkers. You have something there. Yes they are at different angles, but two of those images show without a doubt that the object in question did move.

The first image the object is not visible so no one can say, but in the other two the object is clearly on the left and then it moves to the center between the other two large rocks.

Angle in that case does not make a difference because the two stationary center stones used for discussion positioning are in the same exact position, the "anomaly" you mention is not. It has moved

Look how close one picture is compaired to the other so a change in angle would change the field of view quite a bit.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   

i don't mean to be rude, but why do people so blindly fall for images like this without giving them one second of thought?

"An anomoly in a picture! IT MUST BE ET"

I'm not a professional what so ever, but you can look at those 3 pictures and tell they are drastically changing angles and elevations.

What happens when you change angel and elevation on a fixed point?

The scenery changes.
Things in the foreground cover up different things in the background, and things that used to be covered up, no longer are.

If you spend 5 minutes looking at the three pictures, you can clearly see that there is absolutely nothing to see here.

If it is an alien being - then it's standing still the entire time.

Perhaps for a photo shoot?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join