It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone ever tried to kill you !

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   

i know you were in vietnam amuk and so was my dad and he had some near misses ....when were you in ?

part of 69, 70 and part of 71 (two tours)

I was with the Screaming Eagles, the one o worst (101) ....LOL

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Ever almost kill a guy by splitting his head open with a full whiskey bottle??

Usually by the time I hit someone with it it wasnt full anymore.........LOL

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 06:14 PM
link   
More times than I can count.

Favored methods used by my would be assasins:

Stabbing at
strangulation
Blugeoning
Shooting at
Running down with a vehicle
Electrocultion

I could go into details, but #, that would take all night.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I have an alcoholic brother, once he began begging me money that I hadn't, and he turned aggressive, I ignored him and when I though he left then he came again whit a large knife in the hand, I tried dialoging ( ever tried dialog whit a drunken guy? useless ) I was really thinking that I would be on the tomorrow local newspaper, but I made enough time to my other brother to come home, wrestle and disarming him, it wasn't a great challenge, I think I could do it for myself, but its not my stile, in some way this could mean that word saves lives�
That was like 2 years ago, actually he still living here and made no changes, nothing changed, maybe I could tell another experience� or not.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 06:39 PM
link   
ive gotten shot in the back of the head with firework before. it blew up too, good thing it was a smaller one....

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
in 1983.....at the home of my mother, I was house sitting for her cuz she was out of town. That day, she had arranged for a handyman to come by and do work on her broken fence.......I was there and allowed the work, and chatted a bit with the fellow...even gave him lemonaide........
That night, this same man returned, knocking at the door.....so I answered. He then forced his way into the home and overpowerd me physically..........I spent I dont know how long being abused by this person....not sexually but I think it MIGHT have gone that route.....he had knocked me to the floor and was sitting on my chest with his knees pinning my arms....he then spit on me over and over,( hocking up big loogies and slowly letting them dangle down on to my face) telling me he was going to cut me to peices............OMG! I definatly thought I was gunna die!
He had a knife, and was poking me with it...not enough to stab me, just enough to prick me and draw blood...and during this POKING thing he was doing he lessened up the presure on my right arm........and BAM my arm came free and I clawed his face SO BADLEY he was permantly scarred.......I have long very strong REAL fingernails and I got alot of his flesh under my nails.......... as he grabbed his face and backed off of me VERY SURPRISED at my actions (the stupid basterd) and I was quickly able to escape the house...and I dove under a my car in the driveway to hide, for I know I cant outrun syrup going up hill......he came out of the house holding his bleeding face....and searched for me A LOOOOOONG time.....he finnally gave up and left....I went to the next door neighboor and called the cops.....and they were able to go and get him, for I had a reciept from his Handyman work earlier....and the dude they found at his house has been horrificly cut up in the face by MY nails................
Went to court.....pressed charges.....and the dude was given 1 year in jail and 4 years probation...... no real biggy compaired to the scarrs I am sure he still wears today...........

I am so FED UP with our leagal system......punishment NEVER fits the crime........its disturbing!!!!
There is some poor man spending 25 years in prison for lifting a dam VCR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and the rediculous prison terms they dole out to Pot smokers!!!!!!! WTF?WTF?WTF? GRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!
Oh well "sigh"........I will NEVER understand the leagal system of the U S A.............its all about money and laywers no doubt.....................anybody remember OJ Simpson?????I bet the VCR stealing man thinks about OJ Simpson.............
while he does HIS 25 years sentance....I bet he thinks about OJ alot.............

[Edited on 29-4-2004 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 07:07 PM
link   
well this was a little like someone attempting to kill me last year i was 12 yall arent goin to believe me but i will tell you anyways. i was home buy myself takin care of my sister and someone broke in our house he was in the garage stealin stuff so i put my sister in a closet annd we have guns in our house cuz we deer hunt well neways i couldnt find ammo for the .45 so i started loding the 12 guage and waited for him to walk in the door i said hey he froze looked at me and said dont shoot im ur moms boyfriend but my parents are married so he found that out ran back in the garage and i didnt chase him cuz i thought he would ambush me in the garage ao i opened the window andand before i could get a shot off he took out a .38 caliber and shot at me he went to the front door and came in so i went after him he shot me in the leg so i pumped him full of buckshot and called 911 and a ambulance he survived but was in the hospital for like 4 weeks. actuall i made up the part about hospitalizing him i only shot him once in the lower leg.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Wow, you lot have got interesting near death experiances yadda yadda yadda, and here's me being all boring and scar free. I feel like a perfectly healthy outcast....

Oh oh, I nearly got run over by a impatient bus driver the other day, does that count?

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   
3 times.

First time when I was six my drunk step father put two shells in a 12 gauge shot gun, cocked it and said "Your not going to kill me like you did your father." I was three when my dad died. Still, 50 years later, trying to figure out what the MF was talking about. The death certificate reads "accidental suicide". Go figure.

second time was when I came up on a armed robbery in progress. The dummy had a 45. The guy he was robbing was a Burger King Manager. Long story short I got 200 bucks from Burger King "leading to the arrestt and conviction". The guy did 10 years.

The third time I didn't even know about it until a couple of hours later. I had learned to much about the JFK, RKF and MM murders that "they" wanted me dead along with the others that day. My then wife had painted the 25 anniversery portriat of MM for Robert Slatzer. Slatzer and another fellow had come to our home to view the painting my x had done. She had just finished it that day. We hadn't been gone for five minutes to take Slatzer back to the airport and my house went up in flames. 4000 sq feet burned to the ground. Fortunately the MM portrait was saved by the firemen and we went on and unvieled the painting in Tokyo.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Well, not besides the crazy drivers on the road. My "friend" once tried to push me out of a tree once... I could see her trying to kill me.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I once tried to dry my underwear in a microwave and started a wicked house fire. My three best friends and I spent most of an afternoon trying to kick its ass without having to call the authorities. For how close military quarters are, none of my neighbors seemd to see the smoke or the 4 of us collapsed on the lawn gasping for air. Eventually our cellophane wrap mouth guards and salad tongs managed to extracate the broiling undies and the fire then kinda petered out. Then we left, and went to the Alamo. My father came back and accused me of running a meth lab when I came back (the febreeze I sprayed everywhere left an acidic chemical smell throughout the house), thats the only real day I came close to death I figure. Mostly because on our way downtown I found a car battery at a construction site and flung it at my buddies and it split open but no one was hurt, they then pointed out how my luck had run out from that point on.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by robertfenix
What if something happened to you, and you "thought" you lived through it. Even to this day ?????

I have an interesting theory about what could happen when you are killed sometimes.

Oh, man, if my life from that point has been some sort of fantasy surely I could have come up with something better than this. Maybe I am saving the best for last. But, if I had to guess at a point when my life ended and the fantasy started it would probably be when my brother pushed me out of our treehouse when I was five. That doesn't count for the htread question because he wasn't really trying to hurt me; he was just a thoughtless moron.

It doesn't really matter because in my way of thinking, all that really matters in in my mind anyway.

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 12:20 AM
link   
One of my buddies had an illegal mexican worker take a swing at him with a machete. This was out of the woods and the conflict was fueled by nothing but alcohol and aggression. A seriously real situation, had the illegal landed his swipe he would have felt justice.

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Once someone randomly picked me to shoot at on the interstate, I was lucky the bullet missed me and hit the car. Another time I had a stalker, he had just gotten out of prison for rape and said he would not go back to prison, I know this from hearing what people said I did not know the man except for someone introducing us and I mumbled hello. After that my life was a living nightmare. Once he and another man tried to grab me and my friend, we got away and hid at her aunts house who did not have a phone but still had to walk home on a rural road, it was getting dark and my friend insisted we try to walk home so as not worry her Mom, a little ways up the road we could see a form lying down, we thought it was just trash someone had tossed out but was unsure so we began to throw rocks at it, it did not move, so I said lets go it not anything, she wanted one more try so she picked up a big rock and threw with all her might, it landed on the target squarely in the middle of his back and he jumped up screaming, we were laughing so hard he almost caught us. Finally we flagged down someone who told her family to come and get us as we drove by we saw him and his friend once again waiting and hiding for us. No one wanted us to contact the police since he was a cousin of theirs and it was our word against his, I was just 13 years old at the time, and I did not tell my family since I was afraid that my Dad might confront him and get hurt. Looking back on it I think once they had gotten us they intended to kill us since he had said he would not go back to prison but thats where he is now for selling oxycontin. I spent a good ten years looking over my shoulder scared of this man, this was long before anyone had even thought about making stalking laws.
Oh yeah I forgot one once I went to a neighbors house to get change for a dollar to use the phone since my daughter (9 months) had chosen that day to eat the contents of her stuffed doll. The door was open and I could hear several men inside talking, I was in a panic to get change, none of the other neighbors were home, they did not answer, I was about ready to just open the door and stepped into the entryway since it was open anyway and yell really loud for them to answer when I got a really weird feeling to not do that. I just felt that they did not want me there so I left and walked to the chaplains office and used his phone. Later my neighbor came knocking on my door, I asked why she did not answer when I knocked, she said she had not been home all day and that she had been robbed.

[Edited on 30-4-2004 by goose]

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I had a bit of a strange one a couple of years back. I was standing waiting for the tube (tube in London, I believe you yanks call it the metro or something!), and I could 'feel' a guy hanging around behind me.

I got an odd feeling, and sure enough when a tube was approaching he got really close behind me, just sort of waiting.

Now, I am a BIG guy. Not 'sort of big', but really big! I'm 6'3'', 18 Stone, ex-rugby player and in very good shape.

It turned out that this guy was trying to push someone (and he picked me for some reason) infront of the moving tube train. He had tried and failed before the records the court showed (cctv pics from tube platforms across London).

Anyway, I was prepared for something, and just as the train came in he gave me a shoulder barge in the lower back. I cought hold of him and pushed us both back away from the train. He then punched me in the face and tried to get away but a group of guys stopped him after about ten yards. I cought up with him, deliberately broke his arm in a restraining lock, and handed him over to the transport police.

He got a 4 year sentence, suspended due to the fact his partner had given birth to a girl that morning.

Psycho.

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by benjj
I had a bit of a strange one a couple of years back. I was standing waiting for the tube (tube in London, I believe you yanks call it the metro or something!), and I could 'feel' a guy hanging around behind me.

I got an odd feeling, and sure enough when a tube was approaching he got really close behind me, just sort of waiting.

Now, I am a BIG guy. Not 'sort of big', but really big! I'm 6'3'', 18 Stone, ex-rugby player and in very good shape.

It turned out that this guy was trying to push someone (and he picked me for some reason) infront of the moving tube train. He had tried and failed before the records the court showed (cctv pics from tube platforms across London).

Anyway, I was prepared for something, and just as the train came in he gave me a shoulder barge in the lower back. I cought hold of him and pushed us both back away from the train. He then punched me in the face and tried to get away but a group of guys stopped him after about ten yards. I cought up with him, deliberately broke his arm in a restraining lock, and handed him over to the transport police.

He got a 4 year sentence, suspended due to the fact his partner had given birth to a girl that morning.

Psycho.

The judge must have been a psycho too to let him go after he tried to kill you and had been trying to kill others as well.

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by mOjOm
Ah, here is a good one I almost forgot about.

Back when I was a kid, probably like 7, give or take a year or two, I went for a picnic with my Sister and Grandma and Grandpa in the Mountains where they lived. We had to take the path to the top of the mountain which kinda wound it's way up the whole thing. Well on the way back down I slipped off the path, right at the spot where there was a drop off that was just shy of being a shear edge. I would have just slid to who knows where down the side of the mountain, probably rolling and tumbling more than sliding. However, I somehow, in one quick reflex grasp for anything, one of my fingers latched onto one of my sisters Belt Loops. Luckily she grabbed Grams or Gramps or she'd have joined me. I still remember that day so clearly. It was just a flash between 'Falling!! to Hanging there by one Finger!! & thinking how in the world did my finger snag that loop?? Man I was soooooo lucky!!!! Just think if she had worn a dress or something!!

i love the friends i have gathered together on this thin raft , we have constructed pyramids in honour of our escaping....Jim Morrison....
I think that story mOjOm is the prime example of what a thin line there is between life and death...............

God

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Well... this wasn't really intentional. Unless god himself was actually trying to kill me, but...

July 23rd (my birthday) almost two years ago I was walking down the street with my boyfriend. It was a beautiful summer day, not a BREEZE in air.

I heard two cracking noises. This intrested me because one time I cut class to go smoke a blunt with some of my friends. A squirrel jumped onto a branch, it broke and the thing fell outta the tree. Being stoned it was hilarious.

Anyways, so I look up expecting to see a squirrel, or a branch, falling. ( I remember this all in slow motion) This big ass tree just starts tilting over. I was like: OMG! OMG! My boyfriend turns around like WTF? I point up. We're backing up just watching the tree falling. At this point I'm scared that the tree is going to fall right through this house. It doesn't, the top branches just brush the house.

The tree itself had to be atleast 4 feet thick. Height wise, god knows, it was monsterous though. If it woulda fell on us we would have been crushed. (like flattened)

Judging the speed we were walking (and if I didn't see it and we never started backing up) we would have been either crushed by the tree.... or it would have landed behind us... or just one of us would have been dead. Either way it was a close call. When it fell though, we were like 6 ft away from where it landed.

Ahh, it still freaks me the # out, man. What are the freakin' odds that you'd be walking down the street and a tree almost falls on you??? ON YOUR BIRTHDAY NO LESS!

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Someone came at me with a knife once....

Unfortunately, I had to nearly break his hand to get him to let go of it.

Then I beat him pretty badly...the old fashioned way.

Yes, setting upon an unarmed person with a weapon is incorrigible (even if that person manages to disarm and whoop your ass.)

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   
"I once got caught in a riptide but i used my smarts to get out of there. Most people would have died but I am not an idiot and I did NOT swim towards the shore."

please explain further

"What if something happened to you, and you "thought" you lived through it. Even to this day ?????"

c�gito, �rgo sum -- i think, therefore i am.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join