It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands in quarantine over cruise ship swine flu

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
this is getting ridiculous. will they quarantine whole cities cause of the revealed cases?
come on. flu is a flu. and this one is not more deadly as a common one (1 milion deaths per year).

link here:
www.news.com.au...

content:
"MORE than 2000 cruise passengers were asked to lock themselves in quarantine at home for a week yesterday after a swine flu outbreak aboard their ship.

Two Australia children on the Pacific Dawn were confirmed with the deadly virus and another 130 passengers showed flu-like symptoms while on the cruise.

Health authorities last night were forced to make the extraordinary request after the Pacific Dawn arrived back in Darling Harbour yesterday.

The children were isolated on board the cruise ship two days after it left Sydney for the South Pacific on May 16 with what they thought was the influenza A virus. But it was confirmed last night they had swine flu.

Mystery surrounds how the children, both aged five, contracted the virus as they did not know each other and had not recently travelled overseas.

Although they were given Tamiflu and isolated until they were symptom-free for 24 hours, they were considered contagious while on board the ship.

The latest cases bring the state's swine flu tally to five, after a nine-year-old boy, who arrived in Sydney on Sunday from the US and Canada, also tested positive to the virus yesterday. Health officials were last night contacting all the cruise passengers to ask them to stay isolated. NSW chief health officer Dr Kerry Chant said they made contact with one of the children but were last night still trying to get in touch with the second swine flu victim."

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by czacza1

'' this is getting ridiculous. will they quarantine whole cities cause of the revealed cases?
come on. flu is a flu. and this one is not more deadly as a common one (1 milion deaths per year). ''

Wouldnt you believe they could have orchestrated this as the catalsyt for theyr future plans
??

remember now, the BilderBerg had a meeting couple of weeks ago, look at the increase in Nuke activity, just matter of time till the 'elite' goes to the bunker to protect them selfs against 'nuclear-fallout' as George Green sayd .... Or not.. Hope it is just a case of flu ..

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by czacza1

come on. flu is a flu.

see this is the biggest mis-conception about this version of the flu..This is a novel virus..meaning nothing has been seen like this..There is also a strong claim that this virus,if mutated correctly,could infact combine with the avian strain and become probably second worst to the black plague..There has never been a bridge in a flu virus until now that could combine,avian with human flu,and be contageous from human to human..

So ya keep thinking this is just the everyday flu..

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Redpillblues

I will do. I strongly belive that this is a false flag operation. everyday flu is killing enough people and somehow we are not paralised by it. this one has probably some potential but thinking what will happen if it is going to mutate is in fact ridiculous. it can. sure. and the scientists shoud work on that scenario but it should not bring more harm to the struggling economy (and this is whta is going to happen if we will quarantine everyone who could have contact to sick person) because if we will than more victims will be cause of it than flu itself.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I believe its over exageration for them to give the dangerous tamiflu owned by Donald Rumsfeld to the population and probably with force.
The media have been putting fear in people and then it died down on the news for a week and now the scare mongering has gone full force again this week. Those exhibiting flu symptoms probably have the normal flu due to ti being winter in Australia. Then being passed of as swine flu( hush hush). To promote the tamiflu.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
This is just one more reason why I will never , ever, ever go on another cruise. I took a cruise to hell once...

I mean if my regular vacation sucks, I can just pack up and leave but on a cruise you are totally at the mercy of the cruise line and your often idiotic fellow passengers who, besides being unconstrained from the most basic of social graces while on vacation, sometimes insist on traveling while ill. Even without the swine flu or the quarantine, people are often sick on cruises from the Norovirus. Not fun.

top topics

join