It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do as you're told!! You mindless sheep.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Is anyone tired of this sheeplike mentality among people? It's like they just do whatever they're told. You're an adult. So you must be like how people want you to be. You must go to work every day. Okay, yeah you want to make money.

People tell you that this is how it is and how it will always be. But does it really have to always be this way?

We need a new era of enlightenment. It seems that people have forgot our ability to use reason and solve our problems. People seem to think life is a neverending series of sequences and events and that nothing can ever change.

It's all in your head.

You can make life better or you can screw yourself over.

People act like nothing in their life will ever change. They act so emotional over the most boring things.

I don't think people lack reason. I just think we've forgotten how to use our reason.

People also seem to have forgotten that they have an ability to improve their lives.

Why have people forgotten this?

Why have people forgotten their childish curiosity? Their ability to think things through?

Why do you live out your lives like a mindless sheep? Not open to the possibilities that could make your life better?

Why?

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I feel you man. Hence My username, before I started thinking of the alternatives.

People are frustrating as all hell. They seem to not only live in ignorance, but thrive off of it, and it's even more disheartening to see them fall in a love with it.

Or embrace the fact that their life is useless and be perfectly okay with that, it's the reason I love Hitler, not for the way he used his life, but from what he came from and acheived, he was a typical civilian who took over nearly half the world, and if that isn't motivation then there is no such thing as motivation!

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Hitler wasn't a typical civilian. He had ties with several corporations, several people, and, a lot of American companies. He wasn't just your average person. Where'd you get that idea? I don't get why you would admire Hitler, as, he tried to bring in the new world order (he even said that in his writings).

But, if you had that power wouldn't you want to achieve good things?

Think about all the good things you could do for the rest of the world.

People grow up... and have a lot of ideas then when they're older they think what they thought about before was childish. People need to retain that creativity.

If more and more people start waking up to the reality that we can change how we live and where we live by our simple actions... we can change the world.

We can do better.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Typical republican, fantasizing about Hitler.

I think MOST of the people actually agree about alot of issues, the candidates/media just never bring THOSE issues up.

We're only allowed to talk about things like gay marriage, "the economy," (just the word, not the actual policies driving commerce), who is ahead in the polls, etc.

Notice how something like "investment banking reform" never came up, despite the fact that it nearly crashed the world economy, then forced Americans to socialize their losses to the tune of 300 billion dollars, while privatizing all the profits. (Just for the record, if I received 50 billion interest free dollars, I COULD MAKE A HUGE PROFIT TOO!)

Americans aren't stupid. They know they're being sold out by crooked politicians, they just feel that they can't do anything to stop it, and many of them are so detached from their local governments and ignorant of basic civics, that they don't know HOW to change anything.

This is not a democracy of, by, and for the people. This is a dictatorship, with the illusion of free choice. And ask yourself this, do you think Mccain would have done a single thing different so far? I can't honestly say that I think things would be 1 iota better.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

I'll handle your post first, as it's the most ignorant one, in the truest sense of the word, Please Read my other posts, and research me.

Hitler did what he believed was good. Although anyone could acheive what he did. I hope to be twice the man he was. The plan is in place the method is askewed as of now, the NWO is fine as long as your the one leading it.

Everyone secretly loves communism as long as their the dictator.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Its not that the people have forgotten how to be creative or how to solve problems on their own , or how to think for themselves , its jsut they have been conditioned this way since childhood and that is all they know .

So in a sense this is not their own fault , because well they just don't know another way , the selected few that somehow see through the conditioning are called freaks or wierdoes , sometimes also known as conspiracy theorists

You see in order for anything to change you would have to lock those people up on some distant continent without all the things that are used to condition them (ie tv , radio , politics , schools) and start the process of showing them how to think for themselves . Meaning building new schools with a totally different educational approach and stuff like that.

So in a sense its a no-go , only thing You can do is hope that in some future some generation of kids will not get conditioned the same way and that this will spark an era of enlightment , but well we know what the chances for that are for now right

Edit: www.ted.com...

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   
If you want my opinion, you shouldn't blame not only the people but also the entertainment and sports industries.

Films and music portrays 'easy' living, its easy to go out and get what you want, do what you want, and to whom you want.
Television shows the masses that the quickest way to make money is to be on shows like 'big brother' , x-factor, or any of the numerous ( far too numerous IMO) 'reality' shows, where you must 'have a personality' to be able to get on in life and be popular. ( re: intelligent people need not apply).
Sports used to be a 'respected' profession, you pushed hard and won admiration not money. UK Football ( soccer to other countries) is vastly overpaid , all it is is 22 blokes knocking around a spherical object, mincing around pretending to be hurt then getting up in 5 seconds as if nothings happened.Nowadays if you have any kind of 'sellable' talent theres always someone ready to 'promote' you.

Schools no longer teach the real world lessons we learnt at school, they teach 'easy' to the willing .
Plus its 'easier' to claim benefits when your a teenager and pregnant or get a girl pregnant than to learn a trade. Benefits you and I have to work even harder to pay for to make sure the sponging layabouts have enough Burberry caps.

Soon maybe not in this generation but in the following 2 , no one will be able to build any houses, repair roof's or design anything, all this world will contain is footballers, reality TV celebs, and thugs.
People need to turn off the TV and radio , go out to the parks , go to teh libraries and be people, not couch pototoes fed BS by the MSM.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   
People can be sheep, a person is not.

Think about it, we are trapped in this never ending cycle of work, grow old, make money, and really what other way is there to feed your family? To get things you want? You buy yourself some vacation time so you can actually enjoy life for once?

It's not our fault we are sheep, it's the government's fault for giving us absolutely no option to survive other then "okay, you work and we'll give you some paper(Well actually it's not even paper) which you can spend like monopoly money to buy food to feed your family)

It's a sad state of affairs, and I dont blame anyone for doing what they need to do to provide for their family, in fact I respect them for it, consindering unlike needing to work to make money, there are other options when it comes to providing for a family such as walking out on them.

And topic creator you're just as guilty as the rest of us are. How do you provide for yourself if you don't work? Do you live with your parents? How do they provide for you? And how did your grandparents provide for them?

Work? And work? And some more work? And just how will you provide for your family/future family? Work? And some more work?

Or wait, maybe you struck it rich? How did that work out? You had to work, right?

You're just as guilty as the rest of us, don't say we're the sheep then try to act as though you're a lion, somehow different then us even though you're the same.

[edit on 26-5-2009 by Deus Ex Machina 42]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
reply to post by Kaytagg

I'll handle your post first, as it's the most ignorant one, in the truest sense of the word, Please Read my other posts, and research me.

Hitler did what he believed was good. Although anyone could acheive what he did. I hope to be twice the man he was. The plan is in place the method is askewed as of now, the NWO is fine as long as your the one leading it.

Everyone secretly loves communism as long as their the dictator.

I think your post is completely ignorant. I wouldn't want a new world order, even, if I was the one ruling it.

Hitler was very anti-semetic. Who cared if he did what he believed in? He wanted to slaughter like 80% of the world population. Anyone that wasn't of the Nordic race he would slaughter, which, is kind of ironic since he wasn't nordic himself.

Why on Earth would you want to be like Hitler? So you would want to be a mass murderer that wants to destroy more of the world than he did?

That makes no sense to me.

reply to post by Deus Ex Machina 42

I am guilty of realizing that I have been doing nothing for quite some time. I'm still young though. I plan to get a job and work for cash hopefully over the summer. I'm just pointing out how we go on much of our days without thinking. It's strange isn't it? That we can go on with our lives with no thought in our heads at all about what the slightest clue that we're doing?

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
They seem to not only live in ignorance, but thrive off of it, and it's even more disheartening to see them fall in a love with it.

Yep, poor little furry critters they are...

I actually do not mind them at all, they are part of this world like everything else

What I do mind is a FAKE prophets who think they are worthy enough to "lead" them into abyss of their own version of the "real truth" which they sometimes call an "enlightenment"

According to them those who deny ignorance are as well confined in the box and drink the cool aid by the barrel...

Hilarious

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   
All good reasons and points of view here. I'd like to add that I think some of the sheep mentality comes from the education system. School pretty much teaches you that society is something full of cogs and gears that the big money driven world go round. What you do at school is learn how to be a gear in the machine. Get a better education, be a bigger gear (still driving a bigger gear tho) This is further backed by the previous generation who growing up in this machine, push the younger to take part in the machine to do better within it. You are expected by your peers to participate and if you don't there must be something wrong with you.

We haven't forgotten to think for ourselves and look at all matters in crystal clear logic, it's just that most people are locked into a routine of go to school, go to work, get a loan, get a family and don't forget to spend your entire life paying for it.

I think in terms of people being sheep, the shepherd has made the sheep think the fence is too high and shouldn't bother trying to jump it because there's nothing on the other side anyway.
People should realize that there is something on the other side and the fence is there for a good reason, because the shepherd doesn't want them over there!

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   
oh shut up, we expect this kind of thread from a new guy. not someone that has been here for a year. what is the point of it other than calling poeople 'sheep' grow up.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I get so tired of reading stuff that categorizes people as sheep, or even worse, sheeple. It you don't like the way things are going, tie the bell around your neck and try leading the flock. Rhetoric does nothing but inflames the senses and hide the true issues. You have convinced yourselves that the only recourse is war and lots of death. You might want to study "the dark ages" that humanity just barely survived. We are entering a harsh cycle of our planet, survival of the well prepared is not assured. Those who squander our resources for ideologies that don't consider the common good of all mankind must be stopped. Legally.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Beeeehhhh! Sounds good eh? Not I believe I'm a sheep at all

Maybe you got the word wrong? Maybe you just wanted to say that most people SLEEP? THAT I can understand!

But do you know there's an Vibration on going? That there's is also an Energy that crosses the World (Globe) and tries to wake people up?

Normally Evolution takes a very long time. Be happy you live in this Time and Era because the human evolution is about to take a giant leap in Spiritually.

Embrace your curiosity, like I do mine. Seek your own Path to developpe your Inner Self. Countless ways lead to the Source of Wisdom and Knowledge.

Want to change the World? REALY?? Shut down your puter or close your laptop. Go where you can actually DO something for other people, not just by thinking but by doing

PEACE!

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I am sick of the sheep mentality.
A lot of times I would look around. take a good look around at everybody and where I was and think "what the hell am I doing here?" Nothing made sense. Everyone fusses over the most petty little issues. They forget that those things dont matter.
They say " this is life and you have to fit into it!"
and I ponder why they think that this imaginary set of laws and illusion of order and control is actually what life is. or what it is supposed to be about.
I think we need to remember that earth and time doesn't care about the deadlines and society standards that us humans create to complicate our own lives.
We need to remember that were alive.

[edit on 26-5-2009 by sixtysix]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

OP the thread title cracked me up.

Here is my contribution:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6dd97959086b.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by cindymars

Slightly off topic, but these days of political correctness it's either

Baa baa wooly sheep

or

Baa baa rainbow sheep

Baa baa rainbow sheep

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I now share the following with you folks..

How to be unremarkably average

Accept what people tell you at face value. Surround yourself with people who think like you. Don’t stand out. Stay close to home. Get a normal job. Do things the way everyone else does, because there has to be a method to the madness.

top topics

join