It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dying bulldog saves owner from fire

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
This is truly a warming and touching story. I am sorry if this has already been posted. If so feel free to remove it if so.

Fire comes two weeks after vet discovers dog’s cancerous tumors

MSNBC/The Associated Press
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - A man's decision not to end his terminally ill bulldog's life ended up saving his own.

Scott Seymour said his dog, Brittney, awakened him with her barking early Saturday in time for both of them to escape from his burning house in Grand Rapids.

The fire came two weeks after a veterinarian discovered the 9-year-old American bulldog had several cancerous tumors.

Seymour said he could have had Brittney put down, but instead decided to give her medication to blunt her pain until death comes naturally, probably within a few weeks.

Link to full article

This story touches me, and makes me wonder why we do not have a animal board here at ATS. Or at least that I am not aware of - Folks, is this maybe something we should consider?

Animals predict, they save life's what better way to share animal stories then to have an Animal Board. At least that is my idea, how about you?

Thanks

Piranha

[edit on 26-5-2009 by Piranha]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Piranha

Awww, I like stories like these. What a great dog. I also agree, I believe there should be a Animals board at least here or ATS

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
What a great story, this just goes to show why we call them mans best friend!!
I think you will find quite a few people on here would like an animal section.
Maybe add your story to the new twitter type thing on the right to get some more attention from other members, if you get a few you could all send a comment to the Mods

join