It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. notifies S. Korea of N. Korea's nuke test in advance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   

U.S. notifies S. Korea of N. Korea's nuke test in advance

www.breitbart.com

SEOUL, May 26 (AP) - (Kyodo)—The chief of South Korea's intelligence agency said Tuesday the United States notified South Korea in advance of North Korea's second nuclear test, according to Yonhap News Agency.

"We were pre-notified by the United States that the North will conduct a nuclear test," Won Sei Hoon, director of the National Intelligence Service, was quoted as telling a parliamentary intelligence committee.

But he said did not receive any information from China, Yonhap reported, citing Park Young Sun, a lawmaker from the opposition Democratic Party who was present at the
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Now this is a bit odd.

The timeline seems to be:

9:25 - China is notified
9:30 - USA is notified, notifies South Korea
9:54 - NK tests weapon

This is the first story covering the timeline of events, and the first to point out the ultimatum involved - a UNSC apology for the April rocket launch condemnation.

Sounds to me like there was a swift reaction to the ultimatum - but at what level, and by whom?

www.breitbart.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I'm sorry if my ignorance level is in this mist right here.

But what??

*sorry I thought ATS new first, well publicly we did great pride*

Why would they have allowed this, with the whole No more Nukes propaganda going on? Why would they notify them without a retaliation in mind, if they new it was going to happen why not try to interefere?

Too many questions i'm overloaded!!

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
We've had the North under tight surveillance probably an orbiting spy sat Eye in the sky and when they started doing what was needed to pop one off they knew.

Either that or it only took less than 5 minutes to crack some messages from North Korea to Beijing.

[edit on 26-5-2009 by SLAYER69]

new topics

top topics

join