It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Miss My Blackie!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I guess I have a huge soft spot for small animals. Well Blackie was special.

We live kind of out in the country and we just built this house a little over two years ago. Blackie was our first visitor.

Just a plain everyday black cat, one very small white spot on her chest, but she showed up the day the house was up and we moved in. She has been here ever since.

She never wanted to come inside with the other cats, she chose instead to live on the deck and we fed her faithfully each day and gave her a little loving. She liked to jump up on the door of my patrol car when I came home from work and get a little extra petting..

She had a litter of the cutest kittens you ever saw, they are just now eating solid food and doing fine; but Blackie has disappeared. She has never been gone longer than a day before, so I don't expect her to come back. She has been gone 4 days now.

If this seems disjointed I am sorry, but I guess some tears are getting in the way. I figured that typing this would make me accept she is just not coming home anymore.

I want to believe that she was adopted by some nice family, but the truth is I know it is hard for a cat living in the outdoors and she was so very small and petite..

I guess I can just pray she is in a place where there is lots of food, never cold or wet and someone there to rub her back like she used to like me doing when she sat in my lap on the deck...

I really loved that little thing... I miss her...

Well I can't really type anymore, so thanks for listening...

Semper

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Ah semper my friend, I am so sorry to hear this news.

It's actually taken me since you posted to think of something to say.
And I still can't think of anything that will make things better.

I hope she went on a little road trip with her friends and will be back soon.

If not, I know it inside my heart that all animals have a special place in God's heaven were they frolick happily ever after.

I'm sorry buddy.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Thank you

If not, I know it inside my heart that all animals have a special place in God's heaven were they frolick happily ever after.

I hope so, cause she really deserves it...

Semper

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Hate to hear that Semper. But don't lose hope until a couple of weeks or more pass. Sometimes they can get enticed by other distant neighbors for a while who take liking to it and feed it. It happens.

Have you checked the roads around the house, and on the sides to see if by chance she got hit?

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I checked all over the entire area, for hours...

I was also hoping maybe she was just "adopted" as she is so very sweet, but I don't think she would leave her babies...

It is easier for me to think she was adopted though and just can't get out to come home...

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Semper, my cat went missing for 9 months
i was broken hearted and mourned him, and i put signs up everywhere. He got scared off by a dog i found out a bit later.
9 months later i got a call from someone who could barely read my number on the weathered lost poster and he said he thinks my cat is eating from his bin but they cant get near him.
I fled the office (mid work crisis mind u) and drove straight over and this enourmous black panther came over and flopped at my feet and started purring. He had grown slightly ferral but all muscled up from hunting possums and rats in the reserve land.
I took him to the vet to go get microchipp checked and she burst into tears and said its Othello-Coffeebean-The streak-Ktitty puss the 4th (i just call him kitty puss)
I know your heart ache, but kitty cats have nine lives, mine proved that over nine months missing
a Life for weach month

And now he isa indoor cat and doesnt leave our side

Hugs and cuddles to your family.
Zazz

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
hope she comes back soon. Our cat went missing for 18 days once. We thought she had gone for good. One morning, i had just got up, went downstairs and heard meowing outside the window....there she was sat on the window sill. Perfectly fine, if a little hungry.
Don't give up hope :-)

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Sorry to hear about this babe.
I lost my cat a few yrs ago and I just cried and cried. She was black, small and petite as well. I adopted her as a stray and still miss her little ways.
I've got another black cat now that turned up on my doorstep out of the blue, but it's not the same. I can't connect with this one as much.
Hope Blackie comes home safe and sound.
If not, at least you have some wonderful memories.
x

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Sorry to hear Semper. I hope she returns.

Mum's cat Tilly got killed today, I have a soft spot for cats and little Tilly was so special.

She was the runt of the litter and nearly didn't survive but mum took her in and looked after her, she wasn't the brightest of cats, wouldn't hurt a fly but was very affectionate.

The Saturday just gone she got bitten by a snake and nearly died, even the vet thought she wouldn't pull through...but she did.

Sadly though, the neighbours dog got into mums yard today and decided to 'play' with her.

Her spine got crushed and mum had to get her put down.

RIP Tilly.

PS sorry for hijacking your thread, just felt the urge to share after reading your story.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Yes that is odd that a mother cat would leave her babies like that. I hope shes ok and like you said got adopted by a nice family that will feed her lots and give her lots of love.

Have you checked the humane society to see if they picked her up thinking she was a stray?

Or maybe she knew somehow that if she was to have kittens your house would be the place to have them, and her little kitty biological clock was ticking.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   
All cats and dogs go to heaven. Where the sun always shines through the window onto the floor. There's always a treat to eat. Outside means right now, not "in just a minute, you crazy mutt..." Tjere's always room for one more on the couch. ...pets when ever you want them, to go with the treats.

I truely hope she comes back, Semper. Or got adopted by a nice family. The rest of the alternatives don't bear thinking on. Pets are people with four legs, or two wings, maybe even a fin or two...we give little pieces of our souls to them, and they to us...so it hurts when they're gone. I'm sorry.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

I could not have said it any other way.
Cats love routine, so when something is out of the ordinary, we know something is amiss. One cat I had, whose litter was older also, went away a few days and came back pregnant. At the time, I was under the impression of the old wives tale that a cat can't get pregnant if she still has a litter.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Don't know what to say except I know the feeling.

I've lost 2 cats in the past who I loved very much, they went missing.

To me it's worse than losing a cat that dies.

Because when a cat goes missing, you just don't know what has happened to them, if they are ok, if they are alive, and you may never know...

All I can advice you to do is quickly put up missing cat posters, check out all the local animal shelter or whatever, do it quick!

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Thank you.. All of you...

I appreciate the kind words and the stories as well.. It is nice to know that I am not the only one that loves them as much as I do....

Still no sign, but the wife is checking the Humane Society tonight to see if maybe she got picked up...

Again, that you all...

Semper

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   

I hope you find Blackie, Semp.
Just to let you know, it's always possible She'll come back.
My Black cat went missing for many days once.
Mooshka, is his name. He's my bud. Whenever I call his name, he rolls on his back and stretches his paws to me.

He was missing for nearly a week. We checked the animal shelters, and it wasn't until a few days, that they reported a new black cat arrival.

I drove down there, not expecting much..I walked into the Cat room, and called his name and all the sudden at the far end of the room, these two paws popped out of the cage.. Upside down!...

I told the guy, thats him!..Sure enough it was, and the guy laughed.
He said it was funny how he reached out, ,and it was obvious it was my buddy Moosh.

Here in Nevada, cats are only taken to the shelters if they have been captured by someone. They don't actively go out trapping them.
But keep your eyes peeled. And best of luck!

Cats can disappear, and return safely for much longer periods than dogs.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Sorry to hear that your buddy is missing. I have had numerous animals over the years and in that mix has been several black cats.

I guess that one could say I am kinda partial to black cats because it seems as if they get such a "B.S. rap" in regards to the supposed superstition that they are bad luck. I tend to side with the "underdog" or "undercat" as it were.

Hopefully, Blackie will return home!

And for those who continue to be superstitious of black cats I shall offer a quote from the incomparable Groucho Marx

"A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere."

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Semper,

I'm so sorry to hear your little girl has gone missing. Don't give up hope she may yet come home; I had one that went missing for several weeks and then one day she showed up hungrey and skinny but other then that ok. Your Blackie may too.

This is a poem that gives me comfort when something happens to one of my furry friends I hope that it will give comfort now.

Rainbow Bridge
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Best wishes that you and your beloved Blackie are soon reunited.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Thank you GH

Still no sign...

But I still look everyday

Semper

new topics

top topics

join