It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Korea joins US anti-nuke club

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   

South Korea joins US anti-nuke club

www.news.com.au

SOUTH Korea will become a full member of a US-led initiative to curb trade in weapons of mass destruction, the foreign ministry said, one day after North Korea's second nuclear test.

The North has previously said that Seoul's participation in the Proliferation Security Initiative would be seen as a declaration of war.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 5/25/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
The situation will get out of control very quickly if they make stupid moves and I guarantee you that DPRK will find a way to use its nukes in the event of a war. We all know that North Korea like to make threats just to have more bargaining power during negotiations. Their ultimate goal with all this is to have negotiation but make no mistake if South Korea pushes them in a corner then there will be War......

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 5/25/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
North Korea won't like this one bit! Ol' Kimmy will rage when he sees this.

I think that if Souel gets hit... North Korea will face a backlash from many nations. When this happens Israel will think that because Iran is pushing for Nuclear energy and what not, they have the right to go in. So in a way, I think Israel are watching their TV hoping for Breaking News North Korea nukes South. That then would justify why they can't wait any longer.

The time for giving North Korea chance after chance has finished, actions need to be taken or else South Korea will burn.

With all the technology we have... we are still but a primitive race who cannot live in peace. There will never be a time, there will always be one crazy SOB in power.... it's a shame really.

EDIT::: forgot to give you a star good sir!

[edit on 25-5-2009 by RenDMC]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
God I hate to even... oh well I will anyways, here we go folks! we'll see this get out of hand and spin out of control sooner than latter, I hate to say it but I TOLD YOU SO!

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by RenDMC

If there is a war, I don't think North Korea will worry about any backlash from any other Nation. Their primary objective will be to throw everything they have including the Nukes on South Korea and Japan as well and that will be the end of it and the end of North Korea as well

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I think it's time for a mass consciousness experiment to kill Jong Il and the rest of the loyalists.

I have family in the South and I am sick of worrying about them.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Conspiracy theories aside...

The leader of North Korea is insane.

How do people let these kinds of people get elected? I don't get why the army would tolerate this. I guess they've been brainwashed and bribed.

Meh.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
You know Washington, Beijing and maybe even Moscow are on a 3way hot line right this very moment. It's time. China wont allow the region to go under they need the economic boost and this would derail their economy faster than greased lightning.

LIL Kimmy's days are numbered.

Mark my words.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

You are yet again correct my friend! Only problem is we have to find out who is really in charge first.
lil kim loves to rattle his little sword a whole lot; not go all out and declare things "for real". Makes one wonder if perhaps one of his insane kids is actually running the show now doesn't it?

The asain economy is already being hit in the futures area as we speak. They aren't going to take any kind of huge loss due to NK at this time. They have invested far to much to come out on top after the recession/depression ends.(choose one it's a toss up :lol

To Add:
HONG KONG, May 26 (Reuters) - Asian shares fell on Tuesday as a report of fresh missile tests by North Korea added to market tensions at a time when investors are questioning if they are too optimistic about the global economic outlook.

Seoul shares fell more than 2 percent and Tokyo slipped a fifth of a percent after North Korea was roundly condemned for raising international tensions following a nuclear test on Monday.

A report that North Korea had fired more missiles on Tuesday came after both Seoul and Tokyo markets had closed.

www.reuters.com...

Someone is going to pay for that one for sure!

[edit on 26-5-2009 by xoxo stacie]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I think its a good move.
For too long the USA and western nations haven’t really had an option open to put Kim in the drivers seat.

So he set of someone’s nuke under his own soil, we' will slap him with sanctions and that will be it.

But, It appears to the naive that Kim is winning, and getting away with what he wants because he always threatens war.

Well, now we've called his bluff.

He quite clearly said if South joins, he will declare WAR.

Well, they have joined.

So either shut the hell up, or show your cards.
and I guarantee, the west’s 3 of a kind, will beat your pair of 2's.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   
As much as I would like to see everyone giving up their Nukes.. the only reason the main powers are calling for it is because they want to be the only ones with that amount of clout... therefore keeping their dominance.. simple as.

There's nothing noble about this.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   

North Korea restarts plutonium plant
"There are various indications that reprocessing facilities in Yongbyon resumed operation that have been detected by US surveillance satellites, and these include steam coming out of the facility," the country's largest newspaper, Chosun Ilbo, quoted an unnamed government source as saying.

North Korea restarts plutonium plant

North Korea has completed the U turn and now I think there is no coming back unless China and Russia can pull out something out of their Hat. Especially it is in the interest of China to do Something as they have been using North Korea as a cushion against the Pro US South Korea. If there is a war, that will be the end of North Korea and China will have the US army at their doorstep ...believe me they don't Want that....

[edit on 26-5-2009 by rattan1]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
just to understand if North Korea declare war, which nations will be envolved the USA and UK cant afford this we've already got troops in iraq, afganistan ect would they be pulled out are would people be drafted or would this not concern us ?

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by thecrow001

A million man army and the complete and utter destruction of Seoul,the region destabilized is something to worry about yes.Millions would die.I personally think N.Korea wont declare war but by doing so and losing face in front of the international community might not make some of the generals too happy.I just cant see it...maybe im naive...but i just cant imagine such a scenario,its plain out and out crazy if it were to happen.

[edit on 26-5-2009 by Solomons]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
ya know....

Everything done or not done is a declaration of war for N.K.

Personally, I am getting tired of hearing it.

Either do something or shut the heck up, little kimmy.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

Lets hope your right about not declaring war however if they did which countries would be envolved in this war ? ?

Lets see how thing play out. I dont want another war atleast not yet thnigs a messed up in the world without this taking place.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   

The US has no choice and will be dragged into this War as they Have signed an agreement with South Korea to Protect them against any aggression.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by rattan1

Oh Sh#t right. Then Dont look behind you Uk forces wont be far behind you. We dont like messing out on conflict when americas envolved theses day.

Its the hole play of:
WOMD with weapons of mass destuction this time.

? no messing around this time ?

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
You know Washington, Beijing and maybe even Moscow are on a 3way hot line right this very moment. It's time. China wont allow the region to go under they need the economic boost and this would derail their economy faster than greased lightning.

LIL Kimmy's days are numbered.

Mark my words.

Slayer, If I can take your thought futher....

China wants to play big man on the world scene.

Russia is wanting to play big man on the world scene...again.

Ok boys, now "YOU" do something about little kimmy, seriously.

Everyone has gotten awful comfy and happy-even if not said- with the US keeping most people/countries under control.

Now it is China and Russia's turn.

They may just find out it is easier to stand on the sidelines and complain than to actually have to do something about it and accept whatever fallout may come of it.

"If" and I do mean if, China/Russia does anything, I would be very interestd to see what and what comes of it.

As a side note, now is the US's time to refer to an action taken by China/Russia as empiricism and trying to be world policemen.

[edit on 5/26/2009 by mrmonsoon]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   

The United States believes that the question of peace and security on the Korean Peninsula is, first and foremost, a matter for the Korean people to decide.

Under the 1953 U.S.-R.O.K. Mutual Defense Treaty, the United States agreed to help the Republic of Korea defend itself against external aggression. Since that time in support of this commitment, the United States has maintained military personnel in Korea, including the Army's Second Infantry Division and several Air Force tactical squadrons. To coordinate operations between these units and the over 680,000-strong Korean armed forces, a Combined Forces Command (CFC) was established in 1978. The head of the CFC also serves as Commander of the United Nations Command (UNC) and U.S. Forces Korea (USFK).

The current commander is General Walter “Skip” Sharp.

As you said UK will not be far behind. Question is on Which side will China be
if there is a war.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join