It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could someone please explain Oobes to me?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I'm not entirely clueless but there is a lot to clarify. How do you oobe? What happens to your body while your gone? Do you stop breathing? Is it bad to oobe? Is this considered dying? Does this have anything to do with psiballs and psishields? And can a demon posess your body while your out of it? These are some questions I have and if anyone could help answer them I would appreciate it.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I have limited experience, so not certain I'm the best to reply, but.......... what they hell, let's explore.

I read a book when I was 16 about OOBE.... dang, old age, can't remember........ Robert ...... something

I used the guidelines, and I had experiences that I can't explain.

I got the total crap scared out of me, and I stopped. Maybe I'm just not a warrior of the spirit world. Whatever.

Right after that, I started experiencing what is fondly referred to as "sleep paralysis". What a quaint term. "night terrors" is much more apt.

OP, I can't prove this, but I have flown. I have also been assailed by entities that scared me almost to death.

These days, my Bride wakes me up when I sound scared in my sleep. I really appreciate that. I don't know what it is ............. it's said to be a simple physiologial condition wherein the body is asleep, but the brain is in the process of waking. Fine an' dandy. I know that I don't want it, and I hope it never happens again.

I know that I cut down on my drinking because I thought I saw a causation between sleep paralysis and inebriation.

what do the two have in common? Both involve the buzzing -- what I've thought of as "electric dreams", a sensation of vibration, but more than that, a pulsation that travels from the toes to the head and manifests in the head as a buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzWHAH!! zzzzzzzzzzzzzzWHAH!

I have explored it enough. I don't want it anymore.

I recognize that psychology has identified this phenomenon and it's all well-known and measurable and quantified. Excellent.

I wouldn't wish it upon my worst enemy.

That was probably more than you wanted to know

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Reality-check

It's where your conciousness entirely exits your body (at least what most would say)

I won't claim what it is or isn't, but I'll explain what happens in an OBE

In an OBE you become completely concious, just as you are when you wrote this post in a sort of.. world where there seems to be no limits. It is different from a dream in that way.

Most cases with an OBE are very enlightening, and the only feeling as that people dont want to go back to reality.

Sometimes; Like in Argentus case they can become extremely terrifying, you can sometimes find malicious spirts assaulting you, among other things.

Its not bad to OBE, but its not always for everyone. Some are for whatever reason unfairly targeted in their experiences.

I dont have much experience in them myself. Just a few spontaneous experiences that I usually end up crashing back into my body, get scared Im dieing or I just dont fully wake up.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reality-check
I'm not entirely clueless but there is a lot to clarify. How do you oobe? What happens to your body while your gone? Do you stop breathing? Is it bad to oobe? Is this considered dying? Does this have anything to do with psiballs and psishields? And can a demon posess your body while your out of it? These are some questions I have and if anyone could help answer them I would appreciate it.

How do you oobe?

Out of Body Experience is a mental thought process which requires that your brain is working in a synchronized state.

People sometimes can achieve this through trauma - body and mind go into survival overdrive. Sometimes anesthia can produce this, maybe for the same reason - primitive systems pick up trauma that the mind and body have been numbed to, producing the correct state of synchronization.

Otherwise, you would need to practice controlling your mental states. Meditation, directed thought practice, lucid dreaming.

When you are in OOBE, your brain is in a Delta Wave pattern. This is the same pattern that deep dreamless sleep is in. Lucid dreaming occurs in the Theta brainwave state. Delta is the brainwave state that babies live in.

OOBE is being in a Delta Wave state in which you are consciously aware, without then coming out of Delta. That's the real trick to it. Staying in the Delta state once your brain "wakes up."

Start learning how to control your brain.

What happens to your body while your gone?

Nothing. Your brain is amazingly sofisticated, and most of the things it does never require your attentions at all.

Do you stop breathing?

One of those things your brain does all the time without your attention or help.

Is it bad to oobe?

That would depend on you. If you suspect it might be, then I would suggest you do not.

Is this considered dying?

Dying is a different process, though you could OOBE while dying that doesn't make it the same thing as dying.

Does this have anything to do with psiballs and psishields?

Not really. Different mental gymnastics. I'd suggest that "grounding" might be a good mental exercise for anyone who wants to practice meditation for brainwave control and OOBE though.

And can a demon posess your body while your out of it?

Again, if you suspect that it is possible I would strongly suggest you do not try to OOBE.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I had them many many times as a teenager and in my twenties. I never did it on my own..I always had 2 sensations...1st..was that I was dying..and the 2nd was that something came and took me, I always had the sensation another entity was on the side of me..I never saw what or who it was...I went to places I can't describe..It told me telepathically not to worry that nothing could hurt me and that I was encased in a clear plastic bubble..It was like being in a ORB.
I started fighting them off when I was in my twenties...When it would start happening I would become very conscious and start screaming in my head...NO!...NO! I am not going with you.. and it would stop..Also I always felt very very tired afterwards. I am in my early 40s now and have had about 5 of them in the past 15 years but I always stopped it...

[edit on 26-5-2009 by Wideawake08]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by argentus
I have limited experience, so not certain I'm the best to reply, but.......... what they hell, let's explore.

I read a book when I was 16 about OOBE.... dang, old age, can't remember........ Robert ...... something

I used the guidelines, and I had experiences that I can't explain.

I got the total crap scared out of me, and I stopped. Maybe I'm just not a warrior of the spirit world. Whatever.

Right after that, I started experiencing what is fondly referred to as "sleep paralysis". What a quaint term. "night terrors" is much more apt.

OP, I can't prove this, but I have flown. I have also been assailed by entities that scared me almost to death.

These days, my Bride wakes me up when I sound scared in my sleep. I really appreciate that. I don't know what it is ............. it's said to be a simple physiologial condition wherein the body is asleep, but the brain is in the process of waking. Fine an' dandy. I know that I don't want it, and I hope it never happens again.

I know that I cut down on my drinking because I thought I saw a causation between sleep paralysis and inebriation.

what do the two have in common? Both involve the buzzing -- what I've thought of as "electric dreams", a sensation of vibration, but more than that, a pulsation that travels from the toes to the head and manifests in the head as a buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzWHAH!! zzzzzzzzzzzzzzWHAH!

I have explored it enough. I don't want it anymore.

I recognize that psychology has identified this phenomenon and it's all well-known and measurable and quantified. Excellent.

I wouldn't wish it upon my worst enemy.

That was probably more than you wanted to know

I concur with you on the buzzing feeling...I should have posted that sensation in my post above...That was always a indication it was about to begin..Almost like being electrocuted..

I would say that leaving the body is a very traumatic feeling..But once out of the body it is not as bad as the process. I still wouldn't ever want it to happen to me again nor would I which the experience on anyone..

Also you brought up a good point I never thought of....
You said that you were assailed or attacked by entities...I personally felt like something took me against me will and I knew it was always to the side of me..but I never saw it..Like I said in the post above it told me telepathically that I was protected and that I was encased in a what I could describe as a Clear Plastic bubble like being in a ORB and that nothing could hurt me...NOW I wonder if people inducing this on their own are traveling to the spiritual world unprotected?

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Reality-check

I'll try being a more or less consistent OOber (is that a word?)

How do you oobe?

This has a very long answer, but I'll sum it up best as I can. The most widely used method is the "sleep paralysis method" where you let you body sleep while keeping mind awake. then you can roll out or climb out or float out. another common method used has to do with lucid dreaming, once lucid dreaming you can try to fly really high really fast and it often will result in an oobe.

If you need more details on a particular method do ask, I will be looking at this thread but all methods and such is just too much.

What happens to your body while your gone?

Nothing, to anyone else you are just sleeping, nothing is not really the answer, more precisely the answer is "whatever happens when you sleep".

Do you stop breathing?

No, all involuntary actions (including breathing, heartbeat and so on) continue in a similar way as to when you are asleep.

Is it bad to oobe?

No, not that I know of, I have had many many oobes but have yet to find a single negative result of the oobes.

Is this considered dying?

No, as I have had many oobes and (as far as I know) I am still alive.

Does this have anything to do with psiballs and psishields?

Not directly, though practising with psiballs/shields or just meditating can make you more likely to have an oobe.

And can a demon posess your body while your out of it?

Short answer: No.

Medium answer: any demon that cannot posses your body while you are awake will not be able to possess your body while in an obe. i.e. Don't worry about it.

If you want more info you can ask.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by kaleshwar

I gotta say this, THANK YOU, it helps a lot when you clarify about the demons but, I suppose I should be more clear when I ask about dying. I meant that I was thinking about what happens to your body as you die. Somthing so bad that your body loses something so important that it cant funtion properly. I was thinking maybe it was as if your spirit were leaving your body as in death but, the body can still funtion properly so you can return. I guess I was wrong.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
For a more scientific approach I recommend reading the thread in my signiture: The Science of Dimensions. It talks about OOBE's and how they can possibily result in travel through dimensions and the earthly plane.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Two Books, Adventures Beyond the Body and Secret of the Soul, both by William Buhlman. In them he describes his experiences and in depth techniques on how to achieve them, and when achieved, how to make the best of your experience.

Very insightful. Good luck, I love them.

top topics

join