It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dave's DVD Must See: PASSENGERS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I originally saw Passengers in the movie theater. Although it wasn't considered a block buster, when I saw it initially I was so absorbed by it and its story, that it struck me to my very core. I do not want to ruin it for those that may have not seen it, but it is available now at your favorite DVD rental outlet.

This is a wonderful mix of mystery, science fiction, faith and hope that I think you will enjoy very much.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5c37a8db82ae.jpg[/atsimg]

Let me know what you think.

Dave

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Oh, just watched the trailer. Think I'll watch it.

Thanks for telling me about it.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Oh i had not heard of this?? Just watched the trailer and it really looks good, Definitely my kind of film..

Thanks i will be trying to get hold of that.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Holy #! That was a goooooood movie!

Anyone reading this, go see it! Was great!

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I don't know why this did badly at the box office. It was actually pretty good. Sure, a bit slow, but cerebral movies typically are. The acting, visuals, and even score and sound are all top notch. It even has a decent ending. I was very pleasantly surprised.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
So puzzling.

How were people renting the DVD of a December 21st 2016 theatrical release in 2009?

Edit...

The Anne Hathaway film was released in 08, and would have been out on DVD by the time of Dave's post.

The Martie Ashworth film was released in 09, but Dave's link in the OP goes straight to the 2016 Jennifer Lawrence film.
edit on 2/8/17 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: redmage
So puzzling.

How were people renting the DVD of a December 21st 2016 theatrical release in 2009?

This is so wired how did you come by this?

and this is a crap movie
edit on 8-2-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   

So puzzling.

Second release after a bad release, at least that seems to be the posters pov .

Or a Mandela Artifact?????

VF

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

See my edit above.

I found three films from 08-16 titled Passengers, but it is odd that Dave's post in 09 links directly to the 2016 release's page at Sony Pictures.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: redmage

That is weird. The OP link should go to the original 2008 movie. How the hell could the link change?

Spooky! I like it

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

Perhaps Sony Pictures had distribution rights to the Hathaway film (Dave mentioned "mystery" which is in the description of her 08 film on IMDB), then when the Lawrence film was released in 2016 Sony might have simply supplanted the URL to that of the new Lawrence release?

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: redmage

They own the studio that released it, Tri-Star, the link is just redirecting to the new film.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

maybe the same URL address and after time they did not change the address but the whole site and now link lead You to 2016 movie

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Yeah, that would be my guess.

Now I'm wondering if Gazrok viewed the correct film.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

He probably saw both of them.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Perhaps Sony Pictures had distribution rights to the Hathaway film (Dave mentioned "mystery" which is in the description of her 08 film on IMDB), then when the Lawrence film was released in 2016 Sony might have simply supplanted the URL to that of the new Lawrence release?

The URL in the OP is to sonypictures.com/homevideo/passengers but gets redirected to the one that opens (www.sonypictures.com...).

So I don't think the actually replaced the contents of the old URL but instead just redirected it.

It still tripped me out, though.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 02:50 AM
link   
I did a Wayback machine search. 2008 was the Anne Hathaway film.

Trust ATS though

makes a fun, rainy day here in the good ol' convict colony.

lol

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

I saw both, but my comments were about the Chris Pratt/Jennifer Lawrence movie. I know it got a bad rap...but I'm not sure why. It was a bit slow, but I think it actually worked for this movie. Like the Shining or 2001...both slow movies where the slowness was part of the narrative. Part of what set the atmosphere and conveyed the isolation.

new topics

top topics

join