It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea May Declare War On South Korea!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
No the cold war has not restarted.

NK can't reach California, let alone send a nuke up it's butt.

NK isn't crazy, and lil' kim isn't going out in some "blaze of glory," as if this is a western shootout.

There will be no grand war with NK...

Oh but wait, that's boring to say. Lets just pretend like everything going to hell in a handbasket and ride the fear high for a few more days. After that we'll lose all interest.

What will we do for our adrenaline dose of panic? We'll have to invent a time machine, and go back 1 month to when the swine flu was going to end the world. After that, we can go back 4 months ago, when the economy was going to end the world. Then we can go back to 2005 when the world was going to end because NK had a nuclear bomb (oh wait, we've come full circle, haven't we.)

Boy, the world has been ending a lot lately.. Glad I get to watch it happen all over the news and these forums every other week.

What's going to cause the end of the world next week? I'm going to guess some sort of bacteria contaminating our food. Or maybe rogue space debris crashing down on peoples houses.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaytagg
No the cold war has not restarted.

NK can't reach California, let alone send a nuke up it's butt.

NK isn't crazy, and lil' kim isn't going out in some "blaze of glory," as if this is a western shootout.

There will be no grand war with NK...

Oh but wait, that's boring to say. Lets just pretend like everything going to hell in a handbasket and ride the fear high for a few more days. After that we'll lose all interest.

What will we do for our adrenaline dose of panic? We'll have to invent a time machine, and go back 1 month to when the swine flu was going to end the world. After that, we can go back 4 months ago, when the economy was going to end the world. Then we can go back to 2005 when the world was going to end because NK had a nuclear bomb (oh wait, we've come full circle, haven't we.)

Boy, the world has been ending a lot lately.. Glad I get to watch it happen all over the news and these forums every other week.

What's going to cause the end of the world next week? I'm going to guess some sort of bacteria contaminating our food. Or maybe rogue space debris crashing down on peoples houses.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
i think Lil kim had better take a step back. this is the first time that both Russia and China have condemned NK the day an event has happened, and it is the first time that the other members of the security council haven't had to compromise to get a unanimous resolution against NK.

What we saw today from Russia and China was a warning to NK that they have had enough of NK. I'd be paying attention to the events of the next few days weeks. watch for Russian and Chinese troop movements towards NK borders also watch for Obama to order in more ground troops to either Japan or SK. also watch for more USAF and US navy Assets moving in theater.

I have a feeling that war is very close on the Korean peninsula again. I hope I'm wrong, But i don't think i am. Biden and Powells comments about a test in 6 months just got more credible.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by sy.gunson
I do wonder if the Cold war has just restarted ?

If a war was triggered and South Korea was attacked then if USA stepped in do any of you imagine Russia and China not taking sides ?

[edit on 25-5-2009 by sy.gunson]

It's not a case of us "stepping in". There are at least 25,000 Army and USAF personnel stationed in South Korea. IF (and that's a big IF) the NKs attack US forces would be involved at the outset. Russia probably won't care, they will love watching our armed forces and economy being taxed by an operation in a 3rd area. The Chinese probably will offer to mediate a cease fire after about 3 days of fighting, after seeing exactly what happens and how they can best come out on the deal.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Brian777

Like they say... Fools seldom differ

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Sr Wing Commander

Not that I expect a hot war Wing Commander. What I am saying however is that it catches USA wrong footed and with options limited.

As for the other replies well there were a lot of people in USA in 1940 preaching isolationism and leave Hitler to do his thing. The irony is that had the western allies not listened to these people and thumped Hitler in 1939 60 million lives would have been spared, because in 1939 Hitler did not have the strength for what he did later.

Morons out there can call me a sabre rattler all they like but history is on my side and logic is not on theirs.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I think Kim has lost it for the last time.

Like Mr.M said - I think there's more to it.

It really *feels* like there is something *internal* going on - something out of the hands of Kim.

IMO Kim was doing just that - saber rattling.

Now, it's a whole new ballgame.

EDIT:

Biden and Powells comments about a test in 6 months just got more credible.

Ditto.

peace

[edit on 26-5-2009 by silo13]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
it is hard to believe ... lets just say, ok, WAR

so, NK will try to attack with nuclear power ... and south too ... so what ? LOSE-LOSE ... nobody will go to a war to lose ... nobody is that stupid ... yes, they could be mentally retarded, but hey, for that I am not expecting ...

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

they don't need a nuke to destroy Seoul, there 3 million artillery guns would do the job in minutes.

I like the way you put it: 3 million artillery guns!

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   

North Korea previously has warned the South that its joining the program would be considered an act of war.

They have now joined it...

I guess war is imminent... or NK is making empty threats, like always.

And they don't have 3 million artillery guns, they have about 13.000 of them.

[edit on 26-5-2009 by Vitchilo]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I'm sure the U.S. is keeping a close eye on North Korea's Kim and what he might do next. Have you seen a front page picture of Kim. He used to be chubby and now he looks like he's sick as a dog. Perhaps Cancer is what's wrong with him.
That being said...maybe he just don't care anymore and want's to go out with a bang.......a big bang. You can be sure the U.S. has noticed this and is having big talks on what to do.....in case he does something really stupid.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by RenDMC
You know I wonder if those rumours of Kim having a heart attack or something last year were true. Maybe he wants to start off a war before it's too late for him to see it. I mean why spend years training up an army and never use it? He spent more on his armed forces than helping his own people, if he didn't do anything they'd probably freak out.... then again they ARE VERY loyal to him I suppose.....

I dunno

This is exactly what I fear is happening.

The man's whole life has been about winning the war with South Korea, he may very well feel the clock ticking on his time left in this world.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
North Korea will only go forward, when china and Russia will say so

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Ever since October of 2008, but more so after Obama took the oath, China has been unusually supportive of the US. They have basically financed the $1 trillion bailout that we are in the middle of. I honestly thought they would probably use the purse strings to limit our response when they decided to move on Thailand. Maybe this is a test run into S.Korea. In public they condemn the tests, but in private they assure Kim that they will use their influence to keep the US from interfering.

Also, this test is vastly different from the first nuclear test. The first test really proved how much technology N.Korea was missing. Some even questioned if it was a truly "Nuclear" test, or if it was conventional with some added radiation for effect. This time, it is 10x stronger, and followed by several successful missile tests. This is more than sabre rattling, this puts them in the full-fledged Nuclear category. Japan is not safe, and is calling for First-strike approval from the U.N.

The US was caught completely off-guard, and if the North moved on Seoul, it would be very difficult to mount any type of response. Our overwhelming force would be useless in S. Korea, we could not send a carrier group or long-range missiles, because there would be too much collateral damage. We can not get bogged down in a THIRD urban-style war front with infantry troops, sanctions have not worked, and if China and Russia choose the wait-and-see stance that is expected, S. Korea will be fully occupied before anything can be done. If this happens, the perceived power of the U.S will be severely damaged and many new fronts open up. Iran on Israel, China on Thailand, Venezuela is collaborating with Cuba on something, Russia on Georgia, etc, etc.

We were the world's police, one sign of weakness and TSHTF pretty quickly!

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
North Korea and South Korea are still technically at war, no peace treaty was ever signed.

I think NK is whining for attention from a new administration in the U.S.

I may be wrong, but that's the impression I'm getting.

mrwupy I sure hope your hunch is right on this one. Nothing threatens the security of my Motherhood more than what has transpired in the past few days, I have to say that it has caused sleepless nights and waking at the drop of a pin.

And if you are right, to what end? What could they possibly want from the new administration that they have not shot down or ignored in the past? This really makes me sick.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Just an opinion but with some informed back up.

Poor Kim has done everything in his power to get attention, get respect, get food, oil, luxury goods for his temper tantrums.

He's running out of options and Mommy China is no longer protecting her bad little boy.

No no really can say how out of touch with reality he is now, or what his priorities are any more.

Is he playing out a Cain and Abel scenario - kill his more successful brother South Korea? Does he want to show who really wins the Korean War?

Is this just escalated cage rattling?

Not usually calculated int the equation, NK has been supplying Iran with technology and know how. Kim has few international allies. Iran like the fact that they can test the waters with the UN and nuclear overseeing organization by seeing what Kim can get away with.

My guess is they are encouraging his 'in you face stance' promising back door support. The worst case scenario for Iran is a lot of dead Koreans and a conflict thousands of miles away.

Kim will probably back off in the interest of self-preservation. But he may be more susceptible to suggestion than we realize.

Something to watch.

Mike

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join