It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Past Lives?Are they from the Past or an Alternate Reality.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Well the title says it all. Are Past lives the makeup of the "past" or another dimension? People everyway, claim to know people that they have never met and old friends look amongst each other a deeper understanding of eachother that transcends this life. The question is how? How do these strangers know each other? How can complete strangers know so much about eachother without ever having met them before? Is this some sort of strange coincidence or does this connection go deeper.

As we all SHOULD know from the thread in my signiture: the Science of Alternate Dimesions. Their is a very strong probability that these dimensions exist, but are these what sparks the memory of past lives. Are our past lives the result of Alternate dimensions. If they were this would make the case for why the world appears very different from the ones in Past Life regression or Past Life Dreams that many talk about and claim that they have lived.

However, I purpose the question: Are Past Lives the Result of: Alternate Dimensions or the "Past"

(By Past I mean the past of this reality, the one that we currently percieve.)

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
...very good question...will give it some more thought then contribute more indepth later...

...however, will throw this out there: Why do we see the concept of 'time' as being linear...or being infinitely long...

...why isn't it infinitely wide...in which case perception isn't perhaps so much a leap backward or forwards, more just a shuffle sideways. Perhaps all that has, is, will be is right now.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by alien

Thats what my theory of time consists of, unfortunatley, my theory did not make it through all 3 phases of peer review. So I fixed it and resubmitted it. You may or may not have read it, it was called the Wave Theory. It was something to think about. And yes time is NOT linear, unlike what the great minds still believe.

[edit on May 25th 2009 by TheMythLives]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Maybe time is unlike what we think, because what we have been taught is time following a linear process.

Suppose time is a swirl and not just a flat swirl, but all curled up like the structure of some seashells. And moving like a water (air)-vortex, rotating through the Universe.

In my imagination things like Deja Vu's, probable reïncarnations, future sightings (precognition) as well as past visions could easily be explained.

Even the possibility of many dimensions could fit in that model.

Ah well, just one of my wired thoughts .......

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Perhaps the Dimensions are like a cycle, we flow through them until we complete what we are menat to and then move on into the next. Just a theory..

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Bumping for good measure, just to allow more discussion and here is the dimension thread:

Dimensions a Quick Look Into the Science

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

Happy Early Birthday TML!! Keep up the good work! I have had an experience with an alternate version of me. I had a OOBE recently and while out of body I saw another me from somewhere. There was no communication, but it was as if the version of "me" was staring intently and urging me to travel astrally. This was the most odd, interesting and crazy experience I have EVER had. I had been questioning life and why I am here in the days prior to this and I think this may have been my higher self letting me know, "Hey, there is afterlife, you do have a soul, and take care of yourself!" - I know this sounds crazy, but it is true.

I also had a girlfriend who I was absolutely intent on being with before we got together, and while we were getting to know each other we both had the feelings of knowing each other. We were best friends, unfortunately we didnt work out. We still talk occasionally and I believe we are both finding ourselves now, but i do believe our lives can be played out in every possible way, in this world and other dimensions. Great thread by the way, very thought provoking. S&F

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Autowrench:
I will check in here. I too have seen alternate versions of myself, and have met people, and had things happen that convinced me beyond doubt. I had a lady friend once that I was really hot for, and she for me. The night before we were to consummate, I had a dream that I was being tortured by guards of some kind, then thrown into darkness. When I say her later the next day, she began to tell me she had a dream, that we were lovers and had gotten caught, and that I had been killed! A shiver went through me when she said this. We remained friends until she died, and "it" never happened.

I first met my present wife when she was 15 years old, and worked with my daughter. She told my daughter that she knew me from another lifetime, and that we had been in love, but it had been cut short because we were killed in a car wreck. I didn't think much of this at the time, but years later when she abruptly left her husband and came to move in with me like it was the most natural thing in the world convinced me. We have been together for over 5 years now, and love each other to death, even though there are many years between our ages.

I can remember some events from past lives too, put all of this together, and this is why I think like I do about reincarnation.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggyproductions05

Thank you for the kind words (and B-day rememberence! I really appreciate it) from you and autowrench I was wondering if both of you could explain your situation in as much detail as possible, as much detail as humanly possible, this is what fascinates me.

[edit on Aug 26th 2009 by TheMythLives]

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
*bump*

The past or an alternate reality? A distinction without a difference in my opinion. The past and even the future are alternate realities to the present.

top topics

join